VDH Opening

We’re in the same position as you - first resale in 2020 and thought we’d never buy direct, and then got persuaded by VDH.

Our guide told us the first UY eligible for 2023 points was June. So, we went with June, and are doing Magical Beginnings.
Nice! We are "Member Since 2020" buddies! Congrats on getting your "blue card" with all of the member benefits!

Happy Mother's Day! I've been reading all of your posts about VDH for the last few months and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm going to dive into the deep end and buy VDH direct. I've been a resale owner since 2020 and honestly thought I would always be resale. But, after reading today about the discounts for current DVC owners and the magical beginnings it is tempting me to make the switch to the "blue card" side of DVC.

Since I'm a newbie to direct DVC, I'm trying to understand all of the other discounts that may be available. I'm looking at buying 150 points at VDH with a June UY. If I am understanding correctly the there is a $20 promotion off of the $230 per point for 150 points.

How does that work with Magical Beginnings? From what I understand that is a $22 rebate that is paid separately by Disney. So, would I pay $31,500 for the contract and then Disney will send me a rebate of $3,300 afterwards? How soon does that rebate come through?

I'm not understanding how Disney gives a rebate on 2022 points if you buy in 2023. Would I still get 2023 points from June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024?

Also, are there any other current discounts to know about? I thought I read something about a referral discount and Chase Disney promotions. Are there other discounts currently that I should ask a guide about?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. :dog2:
The Magical Beginnings rebate is within 4 weeks of closing. If you have a Disney Chase card, you can get 0% for 6 months. You get 1% Disney reward dollars with regular Disney Chase card or 2% Disney reward dollars with the Disney Premier Chase card.

The Magical Beginnings rebate is within 4 weeks of closing. If you have a Disney Chase card, you can get 0% for 6 months. You get 1% Disney reward dollars with regular Disney Chase card or 2% Disney reward dollars with the Disney Premier Chase card.
Looks like the VDH owners are all on top of it.

The only two remaining discounts I can think of are 1) military (about $500 or closing costs or something like that) and 2) being a Disney cast member. My guide went through the full list and those were the only two I did not qualify for.

Welcome home!

Happy Mother's Day! I've been reading all of your posts about VDH for the last few months and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm going to dive into the deep end and buy VDH direct. I've been a resale owner since 2020 and honestly thought I would always be resale. But, after reading today about the discounts for current DVC owners and the magical beginnings it is tempting me to make the switch to the "blue card" side of DVC.

Since I'm a newbie to direct DVC, I'm trying to understand all of the other discounts that may be available. I'm looking at buying 150 points at VDH with a June UY. If I am understanding correctly the there is a $20 promotion off of the $230 per point for 150 points.

How does that work with Magical Beginnings? From what I understand that is a $22 rebate that is paid separately by Disney. So, would I pay $31,500 for the contract and then Disney will send me a rebate of $3,300 afterwards? How soon does that rebate come through?

I'm not understanding how Disney gives a rebate on 2022 points if you buy in 2023. Would I still get 2023 points from June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024?

Also, are there any other current discounts to know about? I thought I read something about a referral discount and Chase Disney promotions. Are there other discounts currently that I should ask a guide about?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. :dog2:

Also, take a look at removing the title insurance costs (if you feel comfortable with that). Purchasing direct from Disney, I never felt a need for it. It may not be much but every little bit helps.

Is it 8am est tomorrow for booking? The longest I’ve been on hold so far was over 4 hours to buy the DVC Gold pass and I hope tomorrow is not a repeat of that. 😅
My guide told me he understands that to start it will be phone reservations only... I think Member Services opens at 9am.

Getting ready to hang out on hold for awhile...

Does anyone know what the prorated 2023 dues will be? I currently have a February use year, but I’m thinking about purchasing a December use year for VDH. Will I owe full dues if I choose a December use year? I have an email out to my DVC rep, but haven’t heard back yet.

Does anyone know what the prorated 2023 dues will be? I currently have a February use year, but I’m thinking about purchasing a December use year for VDH. Will I owe full dues if I choose a December use year? I have an email out to my DVC rep, but haven’t heard back yet.
My understanding is that if your Use Year begins before the resort opening date (late September 2023), your 2023 dues will be pro rated from the opening date through December 31, 2023 (i.e., about 65 days or so). So your 2023 dues would be lower if you choose a December use year than it would be with February.

However, a December use year would also mean you could not use your points for booking any trips that would begin prior to December 1. Not sure whether that would matter to you, but it is something to consider.

My understanding is that if your Use Year begins before the resort opening date (late September 2023), your 2023 dues will be pro rated from the opening date through December 31, 2023 (i.e., about 65 days or so). So your 2023 dues would be lower if you choose a December use year than it would be with February.

However, a December use year would also mean you could not use your points for booking any trips that would begin prior to December 1. Not sure whether that would matter to you, but it is something to consider.
Oh if that’s the case, I will definitely select December if the 2023 dues are lower. We’re not planning to go until February 2024 so we should be ok with no points until December 2023.

I have Aug uy and Im expecting to pay around $350 for my MF for 2023 (9/28/23 on).

If you’re thinking about a diff UY for VDH and plan to mainly use the points at VDH, then it shouldn’t be an issue. Otherwise remember you’ll have to transfer the points between your membership if you ever want to combine the points for a booking at 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter