VDH Opening

The only thing missing so far is the cups. I need to figure out if they’ll give me the popcorn voucher without the bucket because I sure don’t need any more. But I want the free popcorn so I just go with it 😅

I went to the lounge on Sunday and I got a cup! So maybe they have restocked since your last visit 🤞

Those damned Romans...Just goes to show: you always have to look on the bright side of life.

My point was that, by most accounts (not mine, as I'm a local), DLR is at best a 3-day trip and most owners would be doing long weekends (primarily West Coasters, and that's the existing trend, with VGC being an obvious exception). Based on the reduced 100-point minimum for new members, and the contract sizes I've seen posted on here (and the published points charts), I would be curious how many actual park days the average owner at VDH will actually spend each year, and whether dropping an Inspire Key down to, say $900, to match a Sorcerer Pass, would really manifest in significant savings.

And as for the extra MM's, when you "only" have one resort versus 11, having 1 or 2 MM's versus 6 really isn't much of a loss.

ETA: ironically, living here in the OC I actually have both an Inspire Key AND a Sorcerer Pass.
We're East Coasters, so the airfare is a big investment for us. Our plan is to go once every three years for at least a week and purchase 5 day tickets. We would possibly consider grouping two trips within 12 months if annual passes were less expensive.

I'm so confused since I didn't visit Disneyland until 2004...ha!
The Monorail station is inside the yellow rectangle in each photo.

DLHThen.jpg
Then. Everything inside the red outline was demolished to build Downtown Disney, and to create the Grand Californian parking lot. The rest of DTD and GCH and DCA was built on the former Disneyland parking lot.

DLHToday.jpg
Now

Last edited:
They didn’t move the hotel, they just demolished the oldest parts that were built back in the ‘50’s and early ‘60’s and were all 1 and 2 story structures. That created a gap between the Monorail station, and the remaining hotel structures. All three towers were in place when the original buildings were removed.

View attachment 759487
Everything left of the line was demolished.

As an aside, the GCH parking lot across the street and just north of the Pixar Pier Hotel is where the South Garden Rooms once stood.

View attachment 759488
South Garden Rooms (now Grand Cal parking lot)
OMG I totally forgot about that lagoon-- my dad took me out on a pedal boat on my first trip and I had kind of forgotten about it until I saw that picture.

Did DVC release an inventory of room types for VDH yet? Wondering how many of each view type there are and if they have made public how many of each were included in the first condo declaration.

Thanks for the above chart!

Anyone know yet how many Standard view Deluxe Studios were built? Looking at the floor plans it seems like only around 25% would possibly be Standard view category.

They didn’t move the hotel, they just demolished the oldest parts that were built back in the ‘50’s and early ‘60’s and were all 1 and 2 story structures. That created a gap between the Monorail station, and the remaining hotel structures. All three towers were in place when the original buildings were removed.
Yea, I didn't mean physically move the building. ;)

Great pics.!

Thank you. Are the rest simply waiting to be approved? If so, do we know when?

The declare as sales happens. So, it depends on how fast those go.

RIV is still only about 65% declared. The rest are still owned by DVD and can be used for cash stays.

I have not had a before-school meeting outside of contract hours in the 7 years I have worked in this district.

Today, I found out I have one next Tuesday, May 16th. Booking day. :scared: Hopefully there’s enough time in between booking and going in to work. *clicks Tentative button in Outlook.*

The declare as sales happens. So, it depends on how fast those go.

RIV is still only about 65% declared. The rest are still owned by DVD and can be used for cash stays.
Thank you for this clarification! Is there somewhere we can see when the percentage of declared units changes?

Does that affect 7-month availability.??

Yes. The only rooms that can be booked are rooms declared into the condo association.

So, right now, for VDH, there are 61 rooms declared. That is all that will be elgible for points based booking until new units are declared.

And they declare when they need more points to sell. Now, with BPK, they actually declared all before it even opened but it may have had to do with the fact it was an existing resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter