VDH Opening

Call me crazy then….we’re buying multiple small point contracts, but we go to DL 3-4X a year for 3-5 days each visit. Fly in, no parking issues, pencils out for us. 15 years from now when the kids are too old, we’ll sell some off some of those small contracts or rent them out, but it’ll have long paid for itself by then. I get it though, doesn’t work for everyone, but works out for us, especially since there’s no way we would fly out to Florida enough to make one of those resorts work for us.
You are a perfect VDH buyer. Don’t let the grumpy WDW peeps influence you.

Call me crazy then….we’re buying multiple small point contracts, but we go to DL 3-4X a year for 3-5 days each visit. Fly in, no parking issues, pencils out for us. 15 years from now when the kids are too old, we’ll sell some off some of those small contracts or rent them out, but it’ll have long paid for itself by then. I get it though, doesn’t work for everyone, but works out for us, especially since there’s no way we would fly out to Florida enough to make one of those resorts work for us.

I assume you are an owner...if not, the first contract you must buy has to be 100 points. The rest can be as small as 50!

Where do you fly in to? Are there good transportation options from the airport?
LAX to DLH is 55 bucks on uber
IMO, Never fly into LAX unless you are saving A TON.!!! (Like saving way more than the extra transportation cost, the headache alone is worth hundreds to me)
We use Long Beach, its super nice and small and easy to get in and out of for Uber/Lyft… but depending what airline you may not have the option. Still cost about $30-$40.

PDX used to have a nonstop to LGB that was direct and would go on sale for really good prices (and cheap in points too) so I signed up for the Jet Blue card and got the award miles just as they announced they were ending that route 😡 I still haven't found a good use for those sad miles...
Jet Blue also had a direct flight from RNO to LGB. Until it didn't. I didn't get as far as a card thank goodness!

Or it's the only non-stop option to the area.
As an OC local, I live about 20 minutes or so from SNA, and about 45 minutes from LAX if able to use the carpool/HOV lanes (which run all the way from LAX to DLR with the exception of a short 2 miles along the 605 freeway). In regular traffic lanes and alone, the commute ends up being about 70-80 minutes in rush hour, but we're talking DVC here so we'll assume the family is along as well and we're carpooling. I actually prefer adding the 30 or 40 minutes to my drive commute if it means no layovers, no changing planes, and getting to Orlando as much as 2 hours faster.

A little planning and you can get flights that avoid some traffic, added to utilizing the carpool/HOV lanes. The sheer number of flights into LAX often helps both in optimizing arrival times AND getting a non-stop. I wouldn't thumb my nose at the LAX/Uber option.

PDX used to have a nonstop to LGB that was direct and would go on sale for really good prices (and cheap in points too) so I signed up for the Jet Blue card and got the award miles just as they announced they were ending that route 😡 I still haven't found a good use for those sad miles...
I miss having Jet Blue and Virgin Airlines as options from PDX.

Yep, same here. I got a Jet Blue card specifically to fly from Sacramento to Long Beach, and then the route went away, now i have useless points unless i fly somewhere else… Vegas maybe. lol

I would be more likely to buy if I were planning on visiting DL regularly. I actually like the look of the hotel from what I can see. I still don't think they will have much trouble selling it.
The premium you would pay in fees to own there does not make sense. Itll have 366 rooms (puts it on the range with the Poly), most of which is studios. You will not need that 11 month booking window, especially considering the typical length of stay at Disneyland is 3-4 days VS a week or more at WDW.

Do whatever makes you happy, more power to you. But you cannot convince me (and don’t fool yourself) that its a good value.

I’m on a cruise right now and the guide is trying to talk me into buying direct points elsewhere to use at VDH. My initial reaction is it’s probably because he can’t sell me VDH on the ship, but some of his points kinda make some sense. I personally have all the points I need at wdw and just want some home advantage for west coast. I went through all sorts of emotions since the info drop on VDH and I think I’m back to being on board. I really just want 4 days a year for my bday and oogie boogie. I think I’ll eventually get over paying TOT and parking.

A little planning and you can get flights that avoid some traffic, added to utilizing the carpool/HOV lanes. The sheer number of flights into LAX often helps both in optimizing arrival times AND getting a non-stop. I wouldn't thumb my nose at the LAX/Uber option.

I’m planning the first Disneyland trip for this summer. Sounds like Uber in the morning from LAX to Disneyland on a weekday is a good idea? Is Uber from Disneyland to LAX on Saturday around noon also okay?

I’ve seen a lot of talk about paying for parking - when the fact is we still aren’t sure if that’s the case as the verbiage just says “may”…

But I’ll play along. Any thoughts about paying for parking will depend on the room type booked or the season of your travel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter