VDH Opening

As someone who has looked at hotel rates for on property Disneyland hotels (and off property ones too) a lot over the past couple years, I would say that the studio rates estimated by @AstroBlasters are at least a couple hundred a night below average for low season, high season is still probably below what I've seen Disney charge on busy weekends and last minute rates-- I think what I'm saying is that if the economy and travel demand remains strong, even with all the extra fees, you're still getting a pretty decent discount to booking at the Disneyland Hotel for studios and an even bigger discount for 1 bedrooms (I never look at 2 bedrooms, but I'd presume it's true as well). On the other hand, if the economy or Anaheim tourism crashes, you could see DL hotel rooms at/below 300 with some regularity, especially with Disney's various Magic Key/local resident promotions. If I had high convinction that DL was going to build out all the proposed areas around the Disneyland hotel, I would probably buy (especially with an incentive)-- but for the moment I'd prefer to pay the same to be at Grand Californian resale.
I agree and it seems like locking in these rates is a good idea given inflation and future costs will rise one way or the other.

The problem is the time value of money when we are dropping 15k-35k. The value proposition just isn’t quite there compared to all the previous dvc sales.

Just got call from guide but see its all posted already. $230 per point, no incentives yet, 9.06 MF.

Yea....thats high. Good thing they lowered the minimum buy for new folks to 100.

That $230 have any effect on WDW resorts and AUL pricing? Will those jump to $230 too when it goes live or stay at the $217?

That $230 have any effect on WDW resorts and AUL pricing? Will those jump to $230 too when it goes live or stay at the $217?
I wouldn't think so. DVC in WDW isn't selling too well and if they increase it by $13, they will be selling even less stock.

Just got call from guide but see its all posted already. $230 per point, no incentives yet, 9.06 MF.

Yea....thats high. Good thing they lowered the minimum buy for new folks to 100.

Perhaps unpopular opinion but I think it makes sense for them to start high-- there are some direct buyers who will pay (almost) any price and they may as well rake in that money while they can (especially with VGC holding strong on the resale market)... they can always lower with promotions over the summer or secret promotions to certain members, etc.

I personally won't buy at $230 (or anywhere near it) but if they incentivize me on a future cruise or trip with a 15-20% discount, I'd give it strong consideration...

They were just raised to $217 in December…I doubt they will go up yet…as I mentioned earlier, it may be they started VDH here so that when they do the next increase for RIV, etc….they don’t have to raise this one so quickly.

Just got off phone with guide. Confirming what others have stated. $230 pp (no word on incentives), $9.06 initial mf, 2023 tax $2.73 pp at checkout, 2024 tax $2.82 pp. Ouch

Assuming the baseline would be to get 2023 points included, can I request that my points not start until 2024?

My direct UY is Feb and I'd have to figure out if we would really want to plan a trip before they would expire on 1/31/2025 if banked. I'm thinking any trip during this time period would have to exclude the grandkids.

Assuming the baseline would be to get 2023 points included, can I request that my points not start until 2024?

My direct UY is Feb and I'd have to figure out if we would really want to plan a trip before they would expire on 1/31/2025 if banked. I'm thinking any trip during this time period would have to exclude the grandkids.

They have had a program with some resorts where they will buy back first year of points, but it hasn’t been offered at all resorts.

You could ask. My assumption is all will get 2023 points.

In the fine print at the bottom of the points chart
Why am I not seeing it? I looked at both 2023 and 2024 charts too and still can’t see it. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Could someone kindly screenshot it for me? I’m starting to feel really old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter