VDH Opening

I know I am in the minority here. The towers were built in the 1960's and 1970's. I felt that they went back to a retro vibe for the hotel. I like that they went with Disney characters/themes rather than just a nice looking room. The one thing I wished they included was something about the monorail pool or trader sams but that is just me. Cannot wait. Really pulling for opening sales in the next month or so

I know I am in the minority here. The towers were built in the 1960's and 1970's. I felt that they went back to a retro vibe for the hotel. I like that they went with Disney characters/themes rather than just a nice looking room. The one thing I wished they included was something about the monorail pool or trader sams but that is just me. Cannot wait. Really pulling for opening sales in the next month or so
I agree I think the rooms look really nice and well themed to the property. 🤷‍♂️

I do like the mid-century style.

Totally agree, I am having the opposite reaction compared to a lot of the people more committed to VGC as more information is released. These rooms look more unique to me than the other DVC properties. The comments about ikea-inspired and generic hotel look are valid opinions for them but don't bother me at all. My kids will probably love these rooms more than the other DVC properties. I am just hoping the point charts aren't outrageous so I can buy VGH direct even though we live on the east coast. Can't wait to see the real photos vs artist renderings.

Wife and I are with you! We love the addition of the characters. We would have added on regardless of the room design, but this definitely made made things sweeter and less painful to open the wallet.

If anyone's interested, here's all the VDH cash rack rates through the rest of the year, plus into 2024 (only where available, needed availability to start a reservation 12/31, but not every category had availability when I checked).

View attachment 747176

Rack rates in the first week of January are much lower. Inline with GCH decreases though, not special. Oddly, VGC points chart has the first week as peak points.
Someone’s been busy! Thanks for this. Assuming you did what I started doing. Punching in dates to check rates. I fell out of my chair when the themed rooms popped at $5k per night for 6 people. And thusly so stopped my spreadsheet and got a cuppa coffee.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ehh
I agree I think the rooms look really nice and well themed to the property. 🤷‍♂️
Agree. The rooms turned out better than I was thinking. Modern cosmopolitan hotel reflecting the history of Disneyland hotel. Whimsical, fun, airy, and adventurous. A good companion product on the West Coast to the Grand Californian offering a different vibe (that I also like).

Regardless how initial sales go, I believe this property long term will become highly valued just like the Grand. It was under appreciated in the beginning but not today.

Thanks Walt for your legacy.

Someone’s been busy! Thanks for this. Assuming you did what I started doing. Punching in dates to check rates. I fell out of my chair when the themed rooms popped at $5k per night for 6 people. And thusly so stopped my spreadsheet and got a cuppa coffee.

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, that's how I did it. But I ignored the DLH rooms (including the themed rooms) to save time. I did gather all the rack rates for most of the GCH rooms with the plan to model out a VDH points chart.

As excited as I am, I’m okay waiting at the moment seeing that I just bought more points for WDW 😅 I would just like the point chart and pp info and then they can take their sweet time with their selling timeline with whatever issues they are dealing with.

As someone who grew up in Anaheim, worked for Disney for a dozen years, and still lives 15 minutes from the resort, I get a good feeling from the new tower and for me it just “fits”.

My guess for room attainability, sorted into tiers (assuming full declaration, who knows how unevenly DVC might declare inventory during sales):

Walking only, year round (think AKV Value or Concierge studios):
  • Garden Duo
  • Garden Deluxe
Might need to walk, depends on season:
  • Standard Duo
  • Grand Villa
  • 2 Bedroom
  • Preferred Duo
Likely competitive at 11m:
  • 1 Bedroom
Potentially competitive at 11m:
  • Standard Deluxe
Likely available at 7m, depends on season:
  • Preferred Deluxe
What does walking mean in regards to DVC?

As someone who grew up in Anaheim, worked for Disney for a dozen years, and still lives 15 minutes from the resort, I get a good feeling from the new tower and for me it just “fits”.
Totally agree. Grew up in the OC, spent many days on the public bus to the parks with my summer job earned annual pass in hand. Worked at the parks a couple of years myself, brother was a lifeguard at the hotel for 5 years, neighbors ran the hula and "Hawaiian wedding" shows that were performed regularly at the hotel in the 80's. The hotel has an aesthetic of it's own that is important to maintain. I think the room design is quite in respect with that and still has some personality.

I personally want my hotel room to be functional first, have a bit of personality second and be at a resort with common areas that dazzle a bit. To that end, my only disappointment is a bit of a reliance on Downtown Disney to complete the "resort" experience for the Disneyland Hotel. Certainly the Grand Californian provides that better....but the Disneyland Hotel is a classic and looking at those gorgeous Grand Villas has me dreaming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter