VCRs in 1BR at BW

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been covered before...
Do the VCRs in the 1 bedroom units at Boardwalk allow you to actually record, or are they really only VCPlayers? Anyone know? I just found out that the big season premier of "Friends" will be during our stay (and I am not that die-hard of a fan that I will plan my vacation around the show!) Plus, I think it would be great to have a tape of the "...tip for today..." to throw in when I am lonely for "home". :)

Thanks!

Kristin

I'm 90% sure that they only play, they do not record, I'm almost certain of it... Hopefully I'm wrong for your sake though :D

You can always set your VCR at home to tape it while you are at Disney. If not, bring a tape, scope out the VCR and if it can record, call maintenance and they will be able to help you if the unit gives you trouble in taping.
I do know that OKW has a recording capability, but, they seem to have disabled it, and you need to call maintenance to "fix" it.

I believe they do record. I didn't try it at BWV,but I did it at OKW one time and it worked. The timer recording was tricky, it was a Sony and their setup is complicated. I followed the green card on the counter and was able to do it.

I recorded on mine in June in rm. 3121. The TV has to be on ch. 3 and then get to the channel you want with the VCR. I tested it first without this and got the wrong thing taped. But then I taped the DVC channel in English and Spanish, the 'your next vacation' channel, and the 'tip for today" complete loop on that channel.
Yes, I'm crazy.
Robin M.

When we were there in May, we worried that we'd miss one of the season's last West Wings. So, I asked the same question and was assured that many people had taped while at BWV. (Room services would even come up and help you set up, if you needed it!) I asked once we were there and was told this is true! We ended up not having to tape.... It was on one of the days that we were in early. But you CAN tape. (I felt so guilty worrying about television while I was on vacation. Oh, well.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter