VB trip report, the bad and the good

mattsdad

Mouseketeer
My family and I went to VB May 27-30. Stayed in Room 1415 in Building 14, first floor, facing ocean.:cool2: At first, trip did not start out so well.

Went to dinner at shutter's the first night. My 4 year old's chicken dish was served almost raw! Sent it back, they then overcooked it so that it was inedible. Had server remove charge from the check. I complained to the manager that this was not the disney way, that this was our home resort and we had been members for 7 years. Manager was very unsympathetic at that time, saying what "are you going to do, not eat at our restaurant anymore". Well, that was unacceptable. We complained to front desk, where they seemed to indicate that the manager at the restaurant was somewhat of a problem.

Then back at the room that evening, I pulled out the convertible couch bed for the kids. the bed had a depression in it due to missing springs in the convertible. I complained about that, and they sent a cushion. That was unacceptable. We had to use couch cushions under the mattress to get rid of the cushions. My wife went to the front desk again with the cushion to complaint that it was unacceptable. They promised to have maintenance there the next morning.

Now the good news......

Next morning ordered breakfast room service for the family. When I asked the server for the bill, I was told that it was complimentary as per the restaurant manager.

Then... the chef called the room and apologized for the "chicken incident" the night before and told us next time we come in the restaurant, chicken dinner was on him. He sounded speechless and said what happened "was not the disney way".

Then, housekeeping called and told me I was getting free housekeeping service that day. Housekeeping lady came to the door and asked us when we would prefer to receive our housekeeping service. She was so cheerful about it.

We came back to the room in the early afternoon from the beach for some lunch. Housekeeping left a bunch of beach toys for the kids, with an apology card. I checked the convertible, and new springs were installed and the depression in the bed was gone! In the master bedroom (we were in a 1BR) towels had been shaped into a variety of animal shapes on the bed, and the kids' toy cars and action figures were placed on the bed in an arranged scene like a diorama. It was delightful and quite a surprise.

Well, after that we were feeling pretty good, and remembered why we belong to a "Disney" vacation club. The rest of the trip was without incident.

The surf at the beach was OUTSTANDING. Wonderful big waves. Lots of adults, let alone kids, yipping in delight as they were tossed around. Weather was great. Sunny, breezy, no rain. We will be back next year, same time I think.

I'm sorry that the bad things happened.

The rest of your vacation does sound wonderful!! Not VB, we tried to get there next week, but we will be at WDW next week, and I hope we have a happy one.

Bobbi:goodvibes

So happy the VB staff came through for you - I've been to VB 3 times and each time I marveled at how great the staff was.

I have had problem too. Not many. When things get to a stalemate I get on my phone and dial 1-800 -...-.... and ask for a supervisor. Amazing how fast things get done..... fast.

Sorry about the snag in the beginning of your trip....

Really happy that the magic is still there...
Way to come through for you..
sounds like a great trip...Cant wait to go to vero..
Kerri

Wow, what a horrible start! I cannot believe the manager's comment either. It is wonderful how they fixed the couch and tried to make up for the earlier incidents. VB sounds great right now as I look out my window and see rain pouring down in buckets!

Would you have a pic of the surf at the beach? I am arriving next week and deciding whether to bring my bodyboard or not.

Cheers

Bring your body board. The Sebastian Inlet to Vero Beach area is some of the best surfing in Florida. VB does rent boogie boards in case you do not want to fly it down though.

Mistakes, goof ups, errors, disasters even can happen anytime to anyone, it's HOW the CMs handle it that shows real customer service! :thumbsup2 Glad your vacation ended well. :cool2:

We're going to VB for the 1st time in October....I'm glad to hear you were taken care of after such a disasterous start! Glad the rest of your trip was great, and hope the children enjoyed those magical towel animals! Sounds like they did their best to make your stay the Disney experience we all look forward to!

Would also like to ask you however, are there any other worthwhile dining places within walking distance? We will have a car, but it would be nice to be able to walk around and not have to worry who will be the designated driver!

Sounds like your trip turned out great. Thanks for reporting.

The surf at the beach was OUTSTANDING. Wonderful big waves. Lots of adults, let alone kids, yipping in delight as they were tossed around. Weather was great. Sunny, breezy, no rain. We will be back next year, same time I think.

Sorry for the bad times, but damn the waves are good... aren't they? Glad all turned out well... ride those waves... As Starbox says... VB ROCKS....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter