VAT tax on Med Sailings

I am on a 7 night med in August. I pre-ordered the CD because I am trying to pre-pay as much as I can now, because as the summer wears on I have less and less work until October when things pick up again. I nearly never have any spending money left by September:rotfl:

So I wonder if we prepay, do we save ourselves the VAT?

Hi there,

I am correct it's 20% Spain, 21% France, 21 Italy. I was charged it VAT in Palo also, this was on the Jun 8th Med cruise. DCL do give you a letter in your stateroom explaining it all, however I gave mine to a friend who board's on Friday's 12 Night Venice cruise.

I just looked up the Prepaid CD+prints option. Its $474.95 on the website. The prepaid CD is $399. I have no idea if that includes VAT or not but it does say they will give you a form for VAT if you request one when you go to finalize your purchase.

On the reciept it just lists the price with $0.00 for shipping and $0.00 for taxes FWIW. I decided to go ahead and preorder just to get it paid for and out of the way. If I can apply for VAT refund and get some of that back...even better!

I just looked up the Prepaid CD+prints option. Its $474.95 on the website. The prepaid CD is $399. I have no idea if that includes VAT or not but it does say they will give you a form for VAT if you request one when you go to finalize your purchase.

On the reciept it just lists the price with $0.00 for shipping and $0.00 for taxes FWIW. I decided to go ahead and preorder just to get it paid for and out of the way. If I can apply for VAT refund and get some of that back...even better!

Ok. When I put our info in, NO VAT IS ADDED, but when I put in the 7 night sailings, VAT is added in. So I am assuming that we wont be charged, at least on photos.

I just tried looking up the Pre-paid CD and on the July 13th cruise there is no VAT added and on the July 25th cruse there is a VAT added of $84.00. So wonder if that means there will be no VAT on the cruise including Turkey. We are doing both cruises, so I would probably get the CD for the first cruise.

We just completed a Med cruise out of Civitavecchia that included Turkey and as a result it had no VAT on board. I know people advise considering it part of the baked-in prices, but when the same spa service costs XX vs XX+20% (or so), that can make a huge difference in how I budget my cash to spend on-board!

We just completed a Med cruise out of Civitavecchia that included Turkey and as a result it had no VAT on board. I know people advise considering it part of the baked-in prices, but when the same spa service costs XX vs XX+20% (or so), that can make a huge difference in how I budget my cash to spend on-board!

Great news! Thanks :)

I was on the 2010 Med cruise that stopped in Tunisia. We didn't pay any VAT onboard that cruise since we stopped at a port outside the EU.

Jill in CO

I emailed Disney and asked which is how the confusion got started. Their answer was so confusing. It was almost ridiculous. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter