Vanessa- figmentfan814 ~ Happily Ever Wedding & 10th Anniversary VR Brunch #1 Added 8-10

I'm caught up!!! Woohoo!!! :cool1: Sorry girl, work has been sooooo crazy busy lately and I haven't had a second to check up on you over here.
I so would have gone to see the DOG! I am obsessed with that show!
I am a fan of throwing that stupid overboard, I loved his dog though...lookes a lot like my Mickey :goodvibes
I'm glad to hear your trip gets better. I can't wait to see the pics from Maui.
Oh yes, and on a side note: Disney trip update: It is for sure that Mom and I will be leaving May 12th and going to Disney for the week! Woohoo! Our trip will finally happen! According to my Mom we are still staying at the CBR, but I feel like she's hiding something from me and since it will be my birthday while we are there and all....hmmm...one can only hope for the Grand! You'll be the first to know if my wish comes true!

Anna Marie

Alright, quick question (I might have more as my planning continues). Did you rent a car the whole time you were in Oahu?

Sorry its been a few days ladies, I took a break from the computer this weekend :goodvibes

Wow I can't believe what happened on that cruise! I don't understand what is wrong with people. I mean do they really think people wanted to get soaked!? Drunk people are obnoxious. :headache: I would have asked to switch my room too. People don't have any manners.
I was totally shocked too; especially since it wasn't a private charter or something. A few people ruined it for everyone on the boat.

Vanessa,

Just got caught up on everything...sorry to hear about your romantic cruise!! Some people are just so rude!! I mean, who wants to get totally soaked, not to mention try to protect your camera and camcorder? How annoying!! Then with the noise, that would have been it for me too....At least you got moved to a quiet room!! Hey, just to let you know, I updated my PJ finally, so when you have a chance check it out....I think everyone has forgotten about it, cause I haven't updated in so long!!!
It was definitely not the evening we had planned :rotfl: I will have to go check it out this morning :surfweb: I was wondering if we would be hearing any updates.

I'm caught up!!! Woohoo!!! :cool1: Sorry girl, work has been sooooo crazy busy lately and I haven't had a second to check up on you over here.
I so would have gone to see the DOG! I am obsessed with that show!
I am a fan of throwing that stupid overboard, I loved his dog though...lookes a lot like my Mickey :goodvibes
I'm glad to hear your trip gets better. I can't wait to see the pics from Maui.
Oh yes, and on a side note: Disney trip update: It is for sure that Mom and I will be leaving May 12th and going to Disney for the week! Woohoo! Our trip will finally happen! According to my Mom we are still staying at the CBR, but I feel like she's hiding something from me and since it will be my birthday while we are there and all....hmmm...one can only hope for the Grand! You'll be the first to know if my wish comes true!

Anna Marie
It was fun tracking down where Dog's office was in Honolulu; we figured we were already that close, why not check it out :thumbsup2 Hope things start to slow down a little for you; I know how stressful it can be when work gets super crazy. How exciting that you get to go to Disney in May :banana: That is my favorite time of year, I love the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot and the free concerts there too. It will be so much fun to be down for your birthday. I have been a few times around mine, but its in August and is a little too hot for me :upsidedow

Alright, quick question (I might have more as my planning continues). Did you rent a car the whole time you were in Oahu?
We only rented it for the for two days we were there. We took the bus to Diamondhead and took the shuttle to the Polynesian Cultural Center then the last day we just hung out on the beach. The parking is so expensive at all the hotels we planned it where we only had to pay for one night. I think we paid $25 per night. The bus system is pretty good and we didn't have any problem catching it to Diamondhead. There are also a lot of other shuttles that you can take too :thumbsup2 We just paid for a shuttle to and from the airport too which our AAA agent booked with our hotel. Definitely let me know if you have any other questions during your planning :goodvibes

Just a quick post, I'm trying to finish Hawaii ASAP. After all DH and I were there exactly 1 year ago this week :cloud9:

The next morning we woke up and decided to head to breakfast at the “Pink Hotel” or the Royal Hawaiian by its formal name. My mom talked about a breakfast buffet they had eaten here on their honeymoon and I was curious to see if it was still the same.

We had arranged for a little later check out, so we knew that we could come back to the room before we had to leave later that day. In addition, I had a massage scheduled in the spa in the afternoon too. Since my car accident in July 2007, I have been going to therapy several times a week. One of the things that helps a lot is deep tissue massage. Thankfully, insurance covers it during my longer trips too or I don’t know what I would do being gone for more than a few days at a time. I was also excited to see that the hotel’s daily newsletter finally had us listed as honeymooners on the front cover.

I don’t think I mentioned this before, but each day the resort had a newsletter with the events for the day on the side they would list anyone that was there for a honeymoon, wedding, or anniversary. When we never appeared in it I asked the day before our departure and they said since I had kept my last name they didn’t realize we were on our honeymoon. You would think that my AAA travel agent would have made that note in our reservation when she booked it! So, finally at last we were listed. I honestly just wanted it to put in our scrapbook.

A neat thing the resort does twice a week is to offer a vow renewal on the beach for couples. It sounded really informal, you just basically had to show up to participate. I thought this was a nice touch and if our wedding had not just occurred 2 months prior I probably would have dragged Kris down there to participate. We took a couple of pictures out on our balcony and then we were on our way. We actually had a better view from our new room.
Hawaii785.jpg

Hawaii787.jpg

Hawaii786.jpg

We had stopped at the pink hotel briefly a few days earlier, but I was excited to see its grounds a little more. Here’s a shot from earlier in the week:
Hawaii670.jpg

We had a little trouble locating the restaurant which was all the way around the back of the hotel, but we eventually found it. They seated us with a perfect ocean front view.
RoyalHawaiian.jpg

I didn’t have my camera on me since we had planned to go to the beach for a little while after breakfast, so I had to take some pictures with my phone.
menu.jpg

Our waiter offered to create any kind of juice drink that we wanted so I asked for a combination that was similar to the Lilikoi juice which we had at our brunch reception. It was delicious!
me.jpg

Let’s just say this buffet was heavenly! I think the price tipped the scales a little and we spent over $50 on breakfast after tip, but well worth it in my opinion. They made fresh to order omelets with every imaginable topping and waffles could also be made to order with fresh fruit and macadamia nuts for toppings. There were lots of wonderful pastries and an interesting array of foreign foods to satisfy the tastes of visitors from around the globe. We had superb service which was expected at such a nice hotel. The best part of the meal was the people watching since we were clearly out of our league. Another interesting thing during the meal

There were some birds that were quite aggressive that immediately stole any food that was dropped to the floor. They were perched on the extra chairs at our table ready to attack! A bird enjoying Kris’ sausage that he dropped on the ground.
birdsausage.jpg

We decided to walk back to our hotel along the beach which turned out to be quite an experience. Since Waikiki beach is manmade; there are areas where there just isn’t any beach. Once we finally made our way out to the beach from the hotel (they have lots of areas blocked so outside people can’t just wander inside) we started following the winding path back to our hotel. Along the way though, it turned it a small sidewalk that was twisting around the hotels that jutted along the water. Finally, we were back on sand again and eventually made it to our hotel.

We went upstairs to our room to pack a small bag for the rest of the afternoon and to get the rest of our luggage ready for bell services. Around this time the captain of the boat from the night before called Kris back on his cellphone. He started off apologizing and said that he wanted to offer us a free cruise that night. Kris said sorry, but that won’t work we are flying to Maui this afternoon. The captain made a bunch of excuses how people were just having a good time, etc. I could tell Kris was fuming, but he kept his cool. He said that it was completely unprofessional the way the captain had handled it and he had completely ruined our romantic evening. The worst part is that the guy basically only offered the free cruise that night and no other compensation! I finally told Kris to just get off and forget it; it was obvious this guy didn’t have a clue or care at all about what had happened. Since its independently owned, there was really nothing else we could do beyond this point.

We wanted to go to the beach for a little while, but also needed our clothes, so I had to pack up a bag complete with beach towels and our swimsuits. We called for bell services, but there was a long wait so we took everything to the elevator and waited forever before one finally stopped on our floor (definitely a downside of being on a lower floor) and then we hauled everything downstairs.

Stay tuned for our afternoon at the beach and the trip to Maui.

I am jealous!!! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. The view from your room is amazing doesn't look like you could have gotten any closer to the water. Sorry about your disaster at sea

I FINALLY got to read your Hawaii report! I really want to go to Hawaii now. My parents went there on their honeymoon as well. Jeff and I are going to wait a year to take a real honeymoon and just count the wedding cruise as one for now. Maybe we need to consider Hawaii.
That shaved ice place looks awesome. Red beans are popular in Japan so when I saw beans on the menu that was my first guess, I wouldn't have wanted them in my shaved ice either, and I've purposefully ordered red bean ice cream before :lmao:

I'm sorry the boat ride turned out so lousy. Really poor customer service, but I guess when you are a small operation and don't depend on repeat customers and word of mouth it doesn't really matter. At least you got some good shots of the sunset before it took it's turn for the worst.

Can't wait for more, even if it has been a year since you were there lol

Since we had some time to waste before my massage appointment we decided to head down to the beach. We are by no means the kind of people to lay around on the beach, but we figured we needed to spend some time there considering we were on Waikiki Beach one of the most famous ones in the world!
Hawaii790.jpg

Hawaii789.jpg

Let’s just say after about an hour we were bored out of our mind. We just can’t sit around and do nothing!
Hawaii791.jpg

Finally, it was time for my massage appointment and since we were all checked out Kris decided to tag along and wait in the lobby at the spa. It was on the top floor of the hotel and had an amazing view.
Hawaii799.jpg

Waiting for my massage:
Hawaii797.jpg

While I was in there they let Kris go out on the patio deck which he said was really nice. We were both able to change out of our clothes from the beach too. My massage was amazing. Kris joked with me afterwards that he wasn’t so sure how he felt about another man having his hands all over me. My therapists at home are women! :lmao:

At this point we just had a little time before our shuttle to the airport, so we ran across the street to grab lunch. We just went to a small food court area that was nearby and had Subway. Finally, we made it back grabbed our bags from the bellhop and jumped on our van. The driver had a couple more stops along the way that were closer to downtown Honolulu. At one stop we could see the huge super ferries that had just started service again between the islands. My mom had done this 30 years earlier and apparently they had stopped it for over 20 years because of environmental concerns.

When we booked our trip the only option was to take the plane, but in the last few months they had gained approval to start the ferries again. I actually would have loved to have done the ferry, but oh well I guess next time.

We eventually made it to the airport where we checked in for our flight to Maui. I couldn’t believe that our time in Oahu was already over.
Hawaii809.jpg

Hawaii808.jpg

As some of you might remember we were originally flying Aloha airlines that had gone out of business the month before, so now we were on Hawaiian.

Our flight over took about 45 minutes. By this time it was already dark, so we couldn’t see very much when we took off.
Hawaii812.jpg

They served us some tasty juice on the flight and before we knew it we were emerging out of the darkness to land in Maui. It is so weird flying out over the water like that at night because you literally can’t see anything until you’re approaching the island. I honestly couldn’t believe we had just spent several hours to go such a short distance!
Hawaii813.jpg

Hawaii816.jpg

After we got our luggage we made our way to the car rental shuttle. Once we arrived there we went up to the counter where the attendant offered us a convertible. We had originally booked a jeep (there was a free upgrade) and didn’t get the convertible because the mileage wasn’t as great. Since the island is so small and you are not in Hawaii that often we decided to take the plunge.
Hawaii817.jpg

We stopped for gas and snacks a short ride away. This was before gas was over $4 at home; I think it was still a little over $3 at this point, so I was shocked at the price there. Little did I know we would all be paying this soon. From what I’ve read Maui has the most expensive gasoline in the U.S. We also paid over $2 each for 20 ounce bottles of Coke Zero!
Hawaii819.jpg

We had about a 30 minute drive to our hotel which was near Lahaina the main resort area. We wouldn’t discover until the next day during the day what an awesome drive we had just passed through. It was actually pretty scary at night because you could just see the giant rock cliffs to one side and hear the water on the other. Plus, there was tons of twisting and turning around the mountain. We made it to where we thought our hotel was and honestly we got lost. We were staying at the Ka'anapali Beach Club which was formerly the Embassy Suites.

We turned into several areas thinking they were the right one, but they ended up being some other version of the Beach Club name. We finally ended up in a more residential area with apartment buildings and Kris ran into a gas station to ask for directions. I was driving at this point and was starting to get hungry. So, after we knew where we were going I pulled through the McDonald’s drive through that was right there. Let me tell you the mango/peach pies they have in Maui are really yummy!

At around 11:30 pm we pulled into our hotel which was still a few miles away from where we got directions. After dropping me off with our stuff, Kris took the car to the underground garage and I went up to the desk to check us in to our room. It was a really nice hotel with an open air lobby where you could see the sky up 10 floors. It had been bought out by a timeshare company, so I was a little leery, but our room was out of this world. The bathroom was humongous and we had a full kitchen, living room, and the balcony branched across the living room into the bedroom.
Hawaii823.jpg

Hawaii821.jpg

Each room had a flat screen television too!
Hawaii822.jpg

Hawaii824.jpg

Hawaii825.jpg

There was a full Jacuzzi tub and walk-in glass shower. We even had 2 full sinks on opposite sides of the room.
Hawaii826.jpg

Hawaii827.jpg

We finally fell into bed watching our awesome television before we drifted off to sleep.

I am jealous!!! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. The view from your room is amazing doesn't look like you could have gotten any closer to the water. Sorry about your disaster at sea
I always knew I wanted to go there eventually and am so glad that Kris picked it; its definitely somewhere that everyone should try to visit at least once! The latest view was awesome; the water was so beautiful and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy it so close :goodvibes

I FINALLY got to read your Hawaii report! I really want to go to Hawaii now. My parents went there on their honeymoon as well. Jeff and I are going to wait a year to take a real honeymoon and just count the wedding cruise as one for now. Maybe we need to consider Hawaii.
That shaved ice place looks awesome. Red beans are popular in Japan so when I saw beans on the menu that was my first guess, I wouldn't have wanted them in my shaved ice either, and I've purposefully ordered red bean ice cream before :lmao:

I'm sorry the boat ride turned out so lousy. Really poor customer service, but I guess when you are a small operation and don't depend on repeat customers and word of mouth it doesn't really matter. At least you got some good shots of the sunset before it took it's turn for the worst.

Can't wait for more, even if it has been a year since you were there lol
I think waiting a year is a great idea. I just had a friend who went on their official honeymoon around their first anniversary. At least with destination brides like ourselves we get a little bit of a vacation with our wedding itself.

I was totally confused by the beans since we were thinking about the black tapioca balls that are in Korean drinks. We used to love getting bubble tea at a Korean restaurant near where we went to graduate school. I'll have to remember to avoid the bean ice cream. It reminds me sort of like thethe unusual flavors of ice cream I had while I was in Jamaica.

You're exactly right about the captain; I think for him its just a big party and the guests themselves don't really matter. After all, there is no way to tell people not to go to him while they're there because there are so many of these random boats :confused3

I'm glad you're enjoying my report so far. I hope you make it to Hawaii too!

I love your room!!! You lucked out on that one. It sucks that you drove in at night though because the views are gorgeous. I can't wait to see more!

Anna Marie

I love your room!!! You lucked out on that one. It sucks that you drove in at night though because the views are gorgeous. I can't wait to see more!

Anna Marie
I thought you would enjoy this portion of the trip the most. I know you had some great things to say about your trip to Maui. Stay tuned for more :goodvibes

Your room in Maui looks awesome! I can't wait to see daytime photos! :cool2::thumbsup2

The next morning we decided to head out to explore after enjoying the free breakfast in the hotel which was a full spread including a made to order omelet bar. We had heard mixed reviews about the Road to Hana. For those of you who aren’t familiar it’s a winding highway that leads up to this city in the mountains. The views are supposed to be spectacular, but it is an all day trek and the highway is really narrow at times. You can take a coordinated trip up there that will stop at waterfalls and sights along the way. Some people have said it is an awesome experience, almost spiritual. Others have told us that they turned around halfway up. To be honest since this was really our only full day in Maui we decided to opt for something else instead because we wanted to ensure that we still had some time open that evening and since the road to Hana is suppose to be an all-day ordeal.

So, in the end we headed out to the Haleakala National Park http://www.nps.gov/hale/ which also includes a trek through the mountains. The site is out of this world (literally it looks like you’re on another planet!) Here are some shots I took along the way since we had to go back the way we came the night before to maneuver our way to the roads that would actually take us to the park.
Hawaii830.jpg

Hawaii832.jpg

Hawaii831.jpg

We pulled out at one of the turnoffs along the way and this is one of only a couple of shots of the two of us together the entire trip; oh how I missed Disney Photopass!
Hawaii833.jpg

The faint outline of the mountain in the background covered by clouds is actually where we were heading that day.
Hawaii834.jpg

Hawaii838.jpg

The views were awesome. I love the video I took while we were in the car at this point; in it you can see the cliffs on the right and the water on the left; truly amazing! You can kind of see what I’m talking about in this picture of the parking lot.
Hawaii839.jpg

It had been pretty cloudy that morning, but it was finally starting to clear, so we thought we would open the top on the car. Unfortunately, Kris couldn’t figure it out and another lady who was stopped with her family helped us out.
Hawaii841.jpg

After about 30 minutes we made it to the base of the mountain. The thing about this drive is that its considered the fastest ascent from sea level up to 10,000 above sea level. So, we started our climb literally heading above the clouds. Most of the way up there are warning signs about speeds and on the way down you have to keep the car in third shift the entire time.

Something really neat that you can do here is to do a sunrise bus trip which takes you to the top at like 3 am to watch the sunrise over the crater. Then you ride bicycles down from the summit. We had considered doing this, but when we booked our trip they had suspended them for a while because several people had been hit and killed on the road. Thankfully, they had made some more safety precautions and had started them up again and we enjoyed watching the bikers at different levels along our trip up. There were some extreme bikers who actually went the opposite way and were riding up the mountain instead of enjoying the easy trip down. Once we reached the summit we saw an older man (at least mid to late 60s) who had just completed the ride up!
Hawaii844.jpg

One of the cool things about this ecosystem is that there is a type of bird, the Nene, that is only found here and a plant that is unique to the area. They are not anywhere else on the entire planet. The first are these birds which are like geese. I’ll have some pictures of the plant once I get to the point where we reach the summit.
Hawaii845.jpg

Here is a sample of the Silversword plant which was in the visitors’ center partway up to the summit.
Hawaii847.jpg

This is a fact I got off some of the National Park Service info:
Haleakala National Park has more endangered species than any other park in the NPS, even including species that are listed as endangered by the US Fish and Wildlife Service but not native to the park.

There are pull-offs all along the drive up. The first few miles up you actually drive through several residential areas before you entire the main part of the park. It is so neat to drive above the clouds so quickly. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves, but as you can see the temperature dropped more and more as we went higher above sea level.
Hawaii846.jpg

Hawaii848.jpg

Hawaii856.jpg

Hawaii852.jpg

Hawaii853.jpg

Hawaii857.jpg

I still need to upload some more photos, so I guess I will have to stop here.

Up next, we reach the summit!

So sad you didn't get to enjoy the Road to Hana, but your trip looked beautiful as well. I can't wait to see the rest! BTW...we leave in 9 days for Disney!!! Woohoo!!!! :dance3:

So sad you didn't get to enjoy the Road to Hana, but your trip looked beautiful as well. I can't wait to see the rest! BTW...we leave in 9 days for Disney!!! Woohoo!!!! :dance3:
I hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip :woohoo: :yay::banana: I am looking forward to hearing about it once you get home. I think you should be heading back any day now.

Finally, we reached the ranger station at the top. It was unbelievable that we had climbed over 10,000 feet in less than 2 hours.
Hawaii901.jpg

The ranger station:
Hawaii889.jpg

Here’s the general view from the ranger post.
Hawaii883.jpg

There is an observation deck out the back of the station. We had an interesting conversation with the ranger up there. Apparently, they rotate stations and stay up there for a couple of weeks at a time. We also had a paper stamped with the National Park Service stamp for that station. It was only in the 30s when we got up to the top; definitely a change from the warm 75 degree weather we left below.
Hawaii876.jpg

Hawaii875.jpg

Hawaii886.jpg

Hawaii887.jpg

We found out that you can take donkey trips down into the crater overnight. It kind of reminds me of trips that you can take into the Grand Canyon. We were told (not sure if this is true or not) that NASA used the crater to train for the Apollo missions. They said that the surface was believed to be similar to that on the moon. Even if it’s not true, it was an interesting story. Here is what the soil looked like up there.
Hawaii906.jpg

Some views of the crater:
Hawaii881.jpg

Hawaii885.jpg

Hawaii869.jpg

Hawaii872.jpg

Looking out towards the coast:
Hawaii867.jpg

Overlooking the other mountains in the area:
Hawaii894.jpg

Hawaii900.jpg

A little further up you can see an observatory too.
Hawaii892.jpg

Here is one of the Silversword plants. There were not any in bloom while we were there. They said that the plants can live up to 50 years, but only blossom once and has up to 50,000 seeds per stalk.
Hawaii907.jpg

This is an image of the plaque with the official Hawaiian name of the plant:
Hawaii908.jpg

I was truly amazed by the crater; it was one of the most unique places that I have ever visited. I’m so glad that Kris and I decided to visit. After about 15 minutes we decided to journey back down the mountain. There are warning signs everywhere to drive in 3rd gear. We also passed a bunch of bikers on their way down. It is actually pretty scary at times because you feel like your car could just fly off the mountain. We stopped at the ranger’s station where I picked up a few stickers and postcards in the gift shop for our scrapbook.

About halfway down it was so sad because we saw a little baby Nene that had been hit on the side of the road. Kris and I saw a mom bird with three little babies on the way up and think that this must have been one of them.
Once we reached the bottom and were driving towards town we saw a zipline place and decided to check it out. However, when Kris went inside we discovered that it was almost $200 per person, so we thanked them for the information and decided that definitely wasn’t in our budget!

We were starving at this point. There really aren’t many food options available on Maui, especially in the area between where we were coming from the mountain back towards the resorts on the other side of the island. So, we ended up having lunch at Carl’s Junior (kind of like Hardee’s for all the east coasters). I love hamburgers though, so I didn’t mind.

We drove back to the hotel to change before heading into Lahaina that night. Here are a couple of pictures we took on our way out that night. Looking straight up in the lobby:
Hawaii912.jpg

Hawaii915.jpg

Hawaii916.jpg

Hawaii914.jpg

Lahaina was about 20 minutes away from our hotel. It is the main shopping area on the island. There are all kinds of boutiques and art galleries. It almost reminded me of a mini Beverly Hills. I guess this is where all the celebrities shop. Obviously some places were way out of our price range, but there were standard gift shops mixed in too.
Hawaii920.jpg

I was on a mission looking for a picture frame. I finally found one and I hate to admit that I still don’t have a picture in it. I guess that’s motivation to order a shot now that everyone knows, lol. We also bought gifts for several people and I picked up some more post cards too. There was a really awesome gallery that had prints of celebrities and all kinds of really interesting pop art. We also came across some open market areas, but a lot of places were closing up for the night. There was the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant on a boat here and an open air Hard Rock Café.
Hawaii918.jpg

We were starting to get hungry again since it had already been several hours since our hamburger, so I suggested a plate lunch place that I had read about in my guidebook. It was on the opposite side of town, so we decided to move the car from the lot we were in because all the shops were starting to close up. We ended up having to park in a residential area because there weren’t any available spot s and then we had to walk several blocks back. There were several dark areas without any street lights that made me pretty nervous, so I was relieved when we were back on the edge of town. The restaurant ended up being closed, so we decided to look at the other options. There was a Ruth’s Chris Steak House and that was about it. So, Kris opted to get a Coldstone to hold him over and I decided to wait for some real food.
Hawaii919.jpg

Once we got back to the Kannapali beach area there weren’t many food options either (definitely a recurring theme) so we ended up at a pizza place. I had a really yummy slice though that was ham, pineapple, and Maui onion.
Hawaii922.jpg

The pizzeria was just down the street from our hotel, so we made our way back and crashed for the night.

mmmm I love Cold Stone, that pizza look yummy too! Too bad the food options were limited, at least you found something though!:goodvibes

Wow, the park looks amazing! You would think there would be more food options around. I am surprised at that.

What guidebook did you use and was it any good? My parents are going to Hawaii and taking my sister in late June and I wanted to get them a book. My mom tends to wing everything and often ends up dissapointed that she missed out on a lot!

Wow, the park looks amazing! You would think there would be more food options around. I am surprised at that.

What guidebook did you use and was it any good? My parents are going to Hawaii and taking my sister in late June and I wanted to get them a book. My mom tends to wing everything and often ends up dissapointed that she missed out on a lot!

The park was truly amazing, I am so glad we made the journey :goodvibes

I think in Maui part of the problem is that there isn't a huge population on the island. Our hotel and the resorts had their own restaurants, but outside fast food there weren't a lot of other restaurants in other parts of the islands. This becomes an issue on our last day there too :headache:

Which islands are your parents going to on their trip? For Oahu, I used the book "Oahu Revealed" by Andrew Doughty and Harriet Friedman.
http://www.amazon.com/Oahu-Revealed...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242831876&sr=1-1

I also just checked out the recent Frommers guide to Hawaii and the one for Maui that we took along too.
http://www.amazon.com/Oahu-Revealed...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242831876&sr=1-1
and
http://www.amazon.com/Frommers-Hawa...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242831961&sr=1-1

I know the books helped out a lot. I definitely agree that we would have missed a lot if we wouldn't have planned some out with the help of the books :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter