Vancouver repositioning cruise, is it ever B2B with Alaska?

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Or is there always the Hawaii runs inbetween?

I love the idea of doing the repositioning cruise, then the 1st Alaska cruise but hadn't realised that it's not possible (this year, I don't know about in the past). Is there any chance of this for 2023 do you think, or are the Hawaii runs always inbetween?

Thank you

It is difficult to predict what will happen in 2023 with Wonder since that ship seems to be shuffling its usual schedule since the restart, probably in relation with Wish coming online on the east coast and Dream moving to Miami.

DCL hasn’t sailed to Hawai’i since 2015. The first time they were supposed to go back was in April-May 2020, but that did not happen because of the shutdown. They stopped going because the last cruises there did not sell sufficiently and the trip wasn’t profitable. They are long and costly one-way cruises that are difficult to organize for families because of the one-way flights, with a lot of sea days.

The rarety of the itinerary and the larger pool of seasoned DCL cruisers by the time the two cruises were announced in 2019 saw them sell out by day 2 or 3 of them being available. I remember Silver cruisers being unable to book anything but a few GTY staterooms because the ship was filled with Platinum and Gold members. Maybe those same circumstances will convince DCL to keep the Hawai’i run in the regular schedule, but my take is that they will still be in the experimental stage for the cruises there this year. Based on profits generated, it could certainly be just a once-every-few-years special run, or become a regular thing because of the added capacity brought by Wish.

I looked at the WONDER's 2023 schedule and there didn't appear to be anymore HAWAII nor are there anymore EB PANAMA cruises showing. If I remember correctly there was a Calif to Vancouver Cruise back on the schedule in the Spring. You should be able to double check later today or tomorrow when the system is back up and running.

Maybe some have actually done this, but just based on the Navigators posted on the DCL Blog, I think there has been the possibility of a back-to-back. There have been sailings from San Diego to Vancouver in May followed by the first Alaska of the season.

Thank you all, sounds like it 'might' be possible, fingers crossed it is when they release the itinerary.

We're only silver though so hope if it is possible that it's not overly popular!

We did the San Diego to Vancouver then first Alaskan B2B in....2011, I think it was. Great trip. We started at Disneyland, then took the Disney bus to the ship, so it was all very easy. Wonderful trip. I'd definitely do it again. We stopped in San Francisco and Victoria on the way up, then had some time in Vancouver and DCL had a tour option for those of us doing B2B (it was a lot of people!). We went around the city and to the Capilono Suspension Bridge, where they had a forest course that was really fun. When we disembarked, we stayed a night in Vancouver at the Fairmont by the port and went to the Aquarium, which was also very nice. Hope they do something like this again one day. I remember there was some legal issue to do with foreign ports that came up, and I honestly don't know how it was resolved, but we had a great time on the cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter