• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vancouver Hotels

Chemist

DIS Veteran
I'm having a hard time finding a hotel for our Alaskan cruise next summer.

We NEED 3 separate beds. Ideally one of them will be queen size, double beds are just too small for my husband and I to sleep comfortably.

All of the hotels I'm seeing only have two double beds. Anything with a suite has a single bed in the main bedroom. (My teenager doesn't mind sleeping on a sofa bed as long as she has her own room, but my 10 year old still needs a bed!)

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation with suites with two beds in the bedroom? In a real pinch we could do two queen beds, but I'm not even finding that!
(And we would like a nice location downtown. Price is less of an issue than beds!)

Thanks!

I stayed in the Delta hotel downtown, and they have a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed which might work for you. The location is walking distance to Waterfront station and Canada Place. I would definitely plan to stay there again.

We stayed at the fairmont pacific rim for your very reason hubby and I needed to have a queen bed. It was worth it we loved the hotel and the room was great. Now we had 2 queen beds might be able to get a suite of you really need the third bed.

The Delta hotel is nearly perfect! If only they had a swimming pool!
But they do have two queen beds AND a sofabed! (This is by far our preferred bed configuration.)
And the location looks perfect!!

I did make reservation at Sutton Place just in case, two queen beds, but they have a pool. We will probably cancel that one, but I'm holding on to it just in case. (I also don't like the location as much, not as walkable to Gastown.)

Sutton place is a great hotel, we stay there every time we go to Vancouver! If it otherwise meets your needs.

We were in Vancouver in September and stayed at the JW Marriott hotel. It's in Yaletown so not right at the port like the Fairmont Pacific Rim or the Pan Pacific but it was a wonderful hotel. Brand new and we would not hesitate to stay there again. I would imagine it would be no more than a 10 minute Uber or cab ride tops to the port.

We usually stay at the Fairmont Waterfront, but we are in a similar situation and had been eying the Pacific Rim. Is it within walking distance of the port?
Yes it is but they have a complimentary car service that dropped us off! They are amazing there! I have pictures and explain are experience in my tr.

We are in the same boat in looking for a room with 3 beds prior to our Alaskan cruise (although there are only 3 of us).

We are considering the Best Western Plus Sands (father from port but near English Bay) for a room with 2 Queen beds plus sofa bed.

The Fairmont Hotel (not the waterfront, which isn't in my budget) also offered a complimentary rollaway when we called and they have a two queen room. It's not a suite, but would work for my family. You might check the other places you are looking at and see if a rollaway is an option.

There are a lot of Air B&Bs downtown. That might be an option.

Honestly, I refuse to use Air B&B.

In a lot of communities (including mine), AirB&Bs contribute to the housing shortage with investors converting single family homes into make-shift hotels. (My own personal soapbox, I know lots of people prefer them,)

I'm having a hard time finding a hotel for our Alaskan cruise next summer.

We NEED 3 separate beds. Ideally one of them will be queen size, double beds are just too small for my husband and I to sleep comfortably.

All of the hotels I'm seeing only have two double beds. Anything with a suite has a single bed in the main bedroom. (My teenager doesn't mind sleeping on a sofa bed as long as she has her own room, but my 10 year old still needs a bed!)

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation with suites with two beds in the bedroom? In a real pinch we could do two queen beds, but I'm not even finding that!
(And we would like a nice location downtown. Price is less of an issue than beds!)

Thanks!
I’m going to try to attach a panoramic photo here. We stayed at the Pan Pacific in the panorama room. It had a queen bed, a couch that folded out, and plenty of room for the rollaway. Three separate beds and amazing views of the ship as it came in!

Attachments

• 1843D2EE-5B9D-4C86-8AF9-A1B5F25A1A68.jpeg
    1843D2EE-5B9D-4C86-8AF9-A1B5F25A1A68.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 18
I’m going to try to attach a panoramic photo here. We stayed at the Pan Pacific in the panorama room. It had a queen bed, a couch that folded out, and plenty of room for the rollaway. Three separate beds and amazing views of the ship as it came in!

What kind of room was this? As far as I can see from multiple websites , max is 4 people in a room ?

What kind of room was this? As far as I can see from multiple websites , max is 4 people in a room ?
It was called a "harbor view panoramic room." I remember that the website was confusing because it's listed just as a single king, but then the fine print added the fold out couch and rollaway. I called just to confirm we would be getting.

It was called a "harbor view panoramic room." I remember that the website was confusing because it's listed just as a single king, but then the fine print added the fold out couch and rollaway. I called just to confirm we would be getting.
That’s awesome , what was better - the pullout or the rollaways for comfort? Never had a pullout that worked well (even for kids)

That’s awesome , what was better - the pullout or the rollaways for comfort? Never had a pullout that worked well (even for kids)
Well, it was my 11 year-old that slept on the rollaway and he didn't complain. I didn't pay much attention but I noticed that I thought they provided comfy bedding to go with it. The 15 year-old didn't say anything about the couch either. I used a lot of my credit card rewards to book the room and I would do it again in a heartbeat. To watch the ship slowly come in, to have our luggage taken straight from the room to the ship...we thought it was great.

Well, it was my 11 year-old that slept on the rollaway and he didn't complain. I didn't pay much attention but I noticed that I thought they provided comfy bedding to go with it. The 15 year-old didn't say anything about the couch either. I used a lot of my credit card rewards to book the room and I would do it again in a heartbeat. To watch the ship slowly come in, to have our luggage taken straight from the room to the ship...we thought it was great.

Where did you book the room from? Directly from pan pacific site or Expedia, etc? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter