• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vancouver Hotels

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
We will be sailing out of Vancouver next year. Flying in the day before embarking. We are researching for hotels to stay one night close to the cruise terminal. Any suggestions or recommendations?

We will be sailing out of Vancouver next year. Flying in the day before embarking. We are researching for hotels to stay one night close to the cruise terminal. Any suggestions or recommendations?
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. Would stay there again.

The usual recommandations are the Pan Pacific (which is literally over the cruise port) or the Fairmount across the street.

We stayed at the airport Fairmont our first night (got in at 1am) and then transferred to the Pan Pacific. Given the quality of the rooms/amenities for the luxury price point, I would choose the Fairmont across the street from the port if we ever did this cruise again and felt like splurging. The Pan Pacific was fine, but not as nice. It was cool to watch the ship dock from our room the morning of embarkation, though.

We enjoyed a few days at Le Hermitage. It is located near the city center metro stop, so pretty convenient. I might next time consider something closer to Stanley park if you plan on spending the day exploring before you turn in for the night. Otherwise, consider the choices mentioned above if you literally just need a room and some food before you board.

Pan Pacific is right at the port and you can see the Wonder from parts of the property. It is also very pricey.

I ended up staying at the Hampton Inn on Robson because I wanted to use my Hilton points. It was great and I am planning on staying there again. Free hot breakfast and free transportation to the cruise terminal in the morning. It was also close enough to all public transportation for touring the day before.

The night before our cruise we stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle because I was able to stay free using points. We looked into Pan Pacific and Fairmont but they were way more than we were willing to pay. Pinnacle was perfectly fine for one night. We probably could have walked to the port but took a very short cab ride instead so we didn’t have to haul our luggage ourselves.

The Pan Pacific is very popular with cruisers because it is literally right at the port. That said, you pay for that convenience. Realistically every hotel downtown is within walking distance or a short taxi trip to the port.

Another vote for the Pan Pacific. We stayed there for 2 nights before our cruise in June. The first day, we walked down the pier to a bike rental shop and rented bikes to ride around Stanley Park which was really fun (and I do not enjoy riding bikes). Our room had a great view of the bay and Stanley Park. We also enjoyed watching the seaplanes takeoff and land.

The next morning was like Christmas when we woke up to see the Wonder just below our room (see picture below).

It wasn't cheap but nothing in Vancouver is during cruise season. I think it was worth every penny for the convenience. We didn't need a transfer the morning of the cruise from our hotel. Even better, we called the concierge desk and they picked up our bags from our room and delivered them directly to the ship so all we had were our carryon bags. It took longer to get through all of the security checks than it did to walk from our room to the port and it was nice not having to drag all of our big bags with us.

Keep watching because the prices fluctuate a lot so you might be able to find something fairly reasonable.

Jennifer

Attachments

• Disney Wonder Pan Pacific.jpeg
    Disney Wonder Pan Pacific.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 23

We stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre. Short taxi ride to the cruise terminal and a great hotel.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific for the upcoming cruise. I've stayed there before for business, but not for a cruise. It was a spectacular hotel. Someone on a group page was nice and talked to the hotel and did a "group rate." (similar to block rates for weddings) That lowered the rates by about 100 CD per night (From 399 to 299).

Anyone book a cab and what company do you use if you book in advance from leaving airport to one of the hotels by the port i.e. Pan Pacific? Or do you get into the cab line and wait, then it should be that fixed amount based on the zone from airport to zone of hotel?

I know we can go by other means, but for my family it's gonna be a taxi since it's easier with our luggage. Thanks!

Another vote for the Pan Pacific. We stayed there for 2 nights before our cruise in June. The first day, we walked down the pier to a bike rental shop and rented bikes to ride around Stanley Park which was really fun (and I do not enjoy riding bikes). Our room had a great view of the bay and Stanley Park. We also enjoyed watching the seaplanes takeoff and land.

The next morning was like Christmas when we woke up to see the Wonder just below our room (see picture below).

It wasn't cheap but nothing in Vancouver is during cruise season. I think it was worth every penny for the convenience. We didn't need a transfer the morning of the cruise from our hotel. Even better, we called the concierge desk and they picked up our bags from our room and delivered them directly to the ship so all we had were our carryon bags. It took longer to get through all of the security checks than it did to walk from our room to the port and it was nice not having to drag all of our big bags with us.

Keep watching because the prices fluctuate a lot so you might be able to find something fairly reasonable.

Jennifer

Seeing the Wonder out your window looks pretty amazing and magical! Thanks for your sharing your Wonderful photo!

Anyone book a cab and what company do you use if you book in advance from leaving airport to one of the hotels by the port i.e. Pan Pacific? Or do you get into the cab line and wait, then it should be that fixed amount based on the zone from airport to zone of hotel?

I know we can go by other means, but for my family it's gonna be a taxi since it's easier with our luggage. Thanks!

There will be a line of taxis at ground transportation. You can also take the Canada Line. Zone rates are 36 dollars to the port area and 32 elsewhere in downtown. Currently ridesharing is not available though supposedly it's coming.

Our Dreams agent recommended a couple of hotels and Pan Pacific was on that list. We are going to give it a try for a two night stay prior to our cruise on June 29, 2020. It is pricey, but we are expecting that the convenience will be worth it.

Pan Pacfic is beautiful but this past summer we stayed at the Delta Hotels Vancouver Downtown Suites. I was worried about waking the 4 blocks with our suitcases but it was easy and quick - no problems! We stayed there after the cruise for 3 days and it was a great location to hop on the train to do other things!

We stayed at the Sutton Place in Downtown Vancouver, on a Hotwire express rate. It was about an 8 block walk to the port (we were 2A 0C, with 3 rolling suitcases), which wasn't too bad. Or you could take a cab, and it'd probably be a pretty quick and inexpensive ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter