Vancouver. Best place to stay before cruise and transportation to ship.

How many nights are you staying before the cruise? If it is just one night and budget isn't a huge concern it seems like many people enjoy staying at the port at either the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront.

There are also numerous options downtown at different price points if you are ok walking slightly farther or taking a taxi/ride share.

We decided to stay at the Sylvia Hotel in the English Bay area for two nights before our cruise to be close to Stanley Park. The hotel was much more budget friendly (less than $300/nt), clean, quirky and charming, and right across the street from the bay. We were able to easily walk to restaurants, Stanley park, and a bike rental place. We took a Lyft ride to the port for less than $10.

Just curious everyone’s opinion on place to stay and transport to ship.
We took Star Limo transportation from the airport to our hotel (Fairmont Pacific Rim) and they picked us up there too when we returned. We walked from the hotel to the ship and back.

Hotel is awesome.

How many nights are you staying before the cruise? If it is just one night and budget isn't a huge concern it seems like many people enjoy staying at the port at either the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront.

There are also numerous options downtown at different price points if you are ok walking slightly farther or taking a taxi/ride share.

We decided to stay at the Sylvia Hotel in the English Bay area for two nights before our cruise to be close to Stanley Park. The hotel was much more budget friendly (less than $300/nt), clean, quirky and charming, and right across the street from the bay. We were able to easily walk to restaurants, Stanley park, and a bike rental place. We took a Lyft ride to the port for less than $10.
Just staying 1 night before cruise

Pan Pacific

Beautiful hotel, great breakfast in the hotel or Tim Hortons across the street. The best part is that the bellman comes to your room, picks up your luggage and transports it to the ship. You don’t see it until it is delivered to your stateroom.

One night before cruise- Pacific Rim. Budget busting, beautiful. Walk to port. After cruise- Fairmont at the airport due to early departure next morning. Runway room. So much fun!

We loved the Fairmont Waterfront that we stayed at for 2 days before our 2022 Alaskan Cruise. Right across the street from the cruise terminal and plenty of places within walking distance to eat and see.

Psy

We stayed at The Exchange it is really only a few short blocks down from the port.

We just walked down with our luggage. You will see a lot of people walking with luggage in the area. Like others said take the train from the airport it’s the last stop . Hotel is only a block away . Instead of going toward the port and other hotel you go to the left and you will see it.

The indoor mall is just a block away or you go down and all the port stuff is right there but not as expensive as staying at Pan Pacific.

We booked the Pan Pacific, which had a great deal by booking a few days out from our stay (~550 CAD / night compared to 700$+ that we'd seen). This was before the June 19th sailing in 2023.

You can't beat having breakfast watching the Wonder dock as you're eating, and having the bellman take your luggage from your room. The hotel cost is really steep, but I would stay there again, and I'm cheap when it comes to hotel rooms. We loved every minute.

My opinion is get something not outrageously priced - and use the savings to offset fun excursions in Alaska. YWCA, Hampton Inn on points, sometimes not so overpriced with $. We have also stayed in Seattle for flight and hotel cost and got the fun of seeing the coastline from the train.

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific. It was a fine hotel with a nice view of float planes in the harbor (I was on the Western side). But it had no character to me. Beautiful marble floor in the atrium, but monotone decor - at the time.

The Pan Pacific has location, location, location going for it. I was traveling with a couple that would not have been the type to use their feet for transportation.

Our family was able to pull our luggage on the sidewalk and catch the Skytrain to get to the port when we stayed at the YWCA. Used the same system to get to the airport.

If I got a great rate at a higher-starred hotel within walking distance to the waterfront, I would book it. Or try one of the “quirky” no-brand hotels others mentioned.

Our perfect hotel was the Hyatt Regency - because we had Hyatt points.

Depending on when you arrive in Vancouver, I think staying in a hotel at the airport makes sense, too.

For ease of getting to the port there is no comparison to the Pan Pacific. You don't even leave the building. The Fairmont Waterfront directly across the street is IMO a nicer, newer hotel and also very very close.

For still very close but a bit cheaper, the Pinnacle on Hastings.

If you're after the cheapest room option and only staying the night, stay at any of the airport hotels and take their shuttle to the Canada line on embarkation day. They are basic and no frills and no good if you plan to sightsee in Vancouver (which I do recommend) but for a budget friendly place to sleep for the night they work well.

You can't beat having breakfast watching the Wonder dock as you're eating
The Wonder arrived for us at 6:30 AM in June of 2022, so unfortunately we just had to stand outside on the pier and watch it pull up...my last photo showed it backing in at 6:45.
(and then we went to breakfast later on!)
IMG_2310.jpg
This was my favorite part as it was spinning around - looked like it was coming right at us!

Another vote for the Fairmont Waterfront. We are a family of 5 so had to book a suite which put us on the gold level which was just lovely. The dedicated concierge and the private rooftop dining for that level really got our trip off to a great start. It was so luxurious. Also incredibly convenient that they collect your luggage and deliver it to the boat for you. Made what could have been a stressful morning almost completely care free. Plus being east coasters, we were up early and watched the Wonder make its slow journey right up to the port.

Another vote for the Fairmont Waterfront. We are a family of 5 so had to book a suite which put us on the gold level which was just lovely. The dedicated concierge and the private rooftop dining for that level really got our trip off to a great start. It was so luxurious. Also incredibly convenient that they collect your luggage and deliver it to the boat for you. Made what could have been a stressful morning almost completely care free. Plus being east coasters, we were up early and watched the Wonder make its slow journey right up to the port.
So do you have to book the hotel through Disney for them to deliver your luggage or is this part of the hotel perks?

I've done Alaska twice (2017 & 2019). The first time we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront which was one of the DCL affiliated hotels. I took DCL transfers from airport to hotel (pre-cruise) and port to airport (post-cruise). Because it was through DCL, they took my luggage for me on embarkation morning. It's right across the street from port and there's a food court right beside it.

The second time we stayed at the Pan Pacific. I took a taxi from the airport which was super easy to do. They provided a concierge luggage service. The port is literally at the foot of the hotel. Because this is right across the street from the Fairmont, it was still super easy to access the food court.

Fly Over Canada is also right at the port and is a great thing to do while you are there. There's also a visitor centre where you can arrange transport to Capilano and other tourist attractions.

We are staying at the JW Parq Marriott in Vancouver before our Wonder sailing on 5/13. It is near a bunch of restaurant and shops, close to the train stop from the airport and not that far from the port.

IMG_7754.JPG

The Pan Pacific. Their Bell Services will take your bags to the ship straight from your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter