Vancouver.... a foodie tour?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
We are thinking of coming into Vancouver a few days before our Hawaii cruise. Can anyone recommend a foodie tour of Vancouver? Something different to do.

thanks...

—-Paul in Southern NJ

I have no helpful advice, but I am super interested in the answer. Hopefully not too many restaurants will have closed

Vancouver local here. It’s hard to know what will be operating by next summer. The downtown food industry has been hard hit by both the lack of tourists and even worse, the lack of office workers. The best food places cater to the latter and it’s hard to know if corporate downtown Vancouver is ever coming back. And to be honest with sky high rents, it’s been tough for restaurants long before the pandemic.

Pre pandemic there was a good food truck scene and I would definitely suggest having that in any foodie tour. Vancouver also loves trends so whatever food thing is really ‘in’ expect to be able to find it, think cronuts etc. Pop up food places are becoming more of a thing. If planning a foodie tour I would probably suggest doing it on your own vs a tour. Vancouver is easy to get around. Closer to your trip google and this board should have good suggestions

Vancouver local here. It’s hard to know what will be operating by next summer. The downtown food industry has been hard hit by both the lack of tourists and even worse, the lack of office workers. The best food places cater to the latter and it’s hard to know if corporate downtown Vancouver is ever coming back. And to be honest with sky high rents, it’s been tough for restaurants long before the pandemic.

Pre pandemic there was a good food truck scene and I would definitely suggest having that in any foodie tour. Vancouver also loves trends so whatever food thing is really ‘in’ expect to be able to find it, think cronuts etc. Pop up food places are becoming more of a thing. If planning a foodie tour I would probably suggest doing it on your own vs a tour. Vancouver is easy to get around. Closer to your trip google and this board should have good suggestions

Sad as to this is where we are these days, but I understand.

Thanks for the response

---Paul in Southern NJ

Sad as to this is where we are these days, but I understand.

Thanks for the response

---Paul in Southern NJ
Yea unfortunately downtown as long been a place that few people actually live in (tons of empty condos kept for investment) and without the corporate offices to supply customers I don’t know what will happen to the downtown food scene. Time will tell if enough companies will bring their staff back into the office ca going permanently wfh.

We did a great food tour in 2017 on Granville Island with Vancouver Foodie Tours. I’m sure they are closed now but they will hopefully reopen at some point. They also had other tours downtown I believe.

We did a great food tour in 2017 on Granville Island with Vancouver Foodie Tours. I’m sure they are closed now but they will hopefully reopen at some point. They also had other tours downtown I believe.

Just a heads up about Vancouver Foodie Tours, when Canada closed it's borders & my cruise was cancelled, it was extremely difficult to get a refund on my food tour from them. They blamed a 3rd party ticketing service for the delay in refund. I had to file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back because the 3rd party would not refund me. It left me very dissatisfied. I hope if they reopen, they will be better prepared to handle cancellations in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter