Value room tips

tink20

DIS Veteran
4 adults (2 are my 20 year old son and his girlfriend) we have to stay here, can’t stay off site or any other Disney resort and can’t afford 2 rooms. Other family members are staying here and we want to all be together.
Any tips on how to make the space work? We basically will just be showering and sleeping here.

Do I need to bring a power strip? Is there a microwave, coffee maker? If no microwave, can you still use the one in the food court?

We have not been since 2018. We have magic bands from a trip that got canceled in March 2020, do you think this would still work or should I not bother bringing them?
Any tips or information about anything would be very helpful. I feel like I use to have a pretty good idea of how things were, but now I feel completely clueless.

You keep saying "here" but you're not actually saying where...

Many value resort rooms have been refurbed and have several regular wall plugs as well as usb.
Family suites have microwaves but not regular resort rooms.
Yes you can use the microwave in the food court.
Yes there is a coffee maker.
You didn't ask but I figure I'll throw in that all rooms have a mini fridge. (no freezer section anymore)
I'd just make sure to decide when each person is showering and who will get up first etc.

You hit on the biggest issue with 1room , 4 adults... Sleeping and showering.
You get up --EVERYONE HEARS YOU.
SHOWERING will be fun. Maybe each couple can shower together.
One of the best ideas I have heard is that each couple go to breakfast while others get ready than switch

Coming back at night same idea. One couple gets to room first while 2nd looks in lobby or gets a drink.
chh

Ideally no one will want to hang out in the room. If you're with a large group you guys will likely all hang out around the pool and at the parks. I wouldn't stress about the room, just a place to sleep and shower.

The good news is that Movies has been refurbed so there is no need for a power strip, it has tons of plugs and USB outlets. You will all want to have a chat about shower schedules though. There is a mini fridge (no freezer), and a keurig style coffee maker. In a regular room you won't have a microwave but you can use one in the quick service. You can also use the bands from the 2020 trip, no problem.

The good news is that Movies has been refurbed so there is no need for a power strip, it has tons of plugs and USB outlets. You will all want to have a chat about shower schedules though. There is a mini fridge (no freezer), and a keurig style coffee maker. In a regular room you won't have a microwave but you can use one in the quick service. You can also use the bands from the 2020 trip, no problem.

All of this. ^

We have done it and depending on individuals it can work out just fine. We do the half have breakfast while the other half showers and gets dressed, then swap off.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter