Value Help

SabbyR

Mouseketeer
Hi All! I was just wondering some opinions on Value resorts. My family has been to Disney world 3x. We come from Canada and stay for 14 nights, do deluxe dining, wp&m, lots of the extras. So we spend very little time at the resort. Weve only ever stayed at POP in a preferred room. Now for this trip we are going for 16 nights. Its myself, my husband, our dds who will be 17,15, and 11. Also our eldest dds Bf and my Mil. So we need three rooms. I know technically we don't need three rooms but WE do! The girls want to try something new and have asked not to stay at pop. Movies is booked up for standard rooms. Weve chosen standard rooms this time to save a bit of money. So as of right now we are booked in at Sports. Ive read terrible reviews about it on trip advisor. Is it that bad? Is it worth it to "upgrade" to AoA? Ive read the LM rooms are very far away from the buses/main building. Should I hold out and out and hope Movies has a cancellation? Is Music a better choice?

Of the All Stars, Sports is our favorite. We have had multiple stays at all 3 All Stars and all have been great. Clean room, great Disney service, good bus service and the food court is brand new. I have not stayed at Pop but have visited friends and family and to us, other than the theme the resorts are extremely similar.

I don't trust TA with Disney reviews - other trips are fine, but I don't think the people that typically review on TA are used to Disney.

Anyways, I hold much more stock in what people on the DIS say about the resorts and we have seen nothing but positive reviews from Sports stay-ers. We are booked at Sports in September :thumbsup2

I love POP! Love it. We tried All Star Music and Sport and dislike them. The deal breaker are the buses. We hated them. They share buses and it was a mess. The LM rooms arent that far from the lobby but if you are used to rooms closer to the lobby then they will seem far. IMO I will take AOA.

Not sure when you are going, but I believe Music is having its food court remodeled this fall/winter- may cause congestion at movies and sports food courts... We chose pop this time around mainly because of that. I stayed at music last time (3 years ago) and enjoyed it. Good luck which ever way you decide to go :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter