Valet parking for breakfast reservation

Cree629

Mouseketeer
We are staying off property and have a breakfast reservation at Steakhouse 71. I'm aware that we'd get to park in self-parking for three hours with this reservation, but if we were to pay to Valet park, instead, would we be able to leave the car longer? We were thinking of going to MK for a few hours after breakfast.

In pre-covid times, we valet parked at resorts for the day many times to go to parks without issue (always told them that our plan was to stay for the day and was always told it was fine) but I don't know if things have changed with that since covid.

Again, we do have a breakfast reservation. We're not trying to get out of paying to park; just hoping that if we pay to valet for breakfast we can leave the car there for a chunk of the day.

Our experience has been similar to what you are looking to do - if you valet, they don't seem at all concerned about how long you park that day. Your car is parked on a separate lot from the resort guests. We were just at CR for a SH71 breakfast, and I definitely saw signs for valet parking (I believe $33), but we didn't actually use it. We just did breakfast. But now that valet is back since it was removed during the height of Covid, I have to think the extended parking option comes along with it.

I believe you can but it’s more expensive then parking at the parks, no? But maybe you’re thinking that after breakfast it’s harder to find close parking at MK parking lot right? Easier to use monorail or walk to/from hotel…. That might make sense.

Weeeelll, this is one of those situations where you technically can valet park ($33) and go on to MK. You may not be admitted to the resort currently without a dining reservation, however. We saw a number of cars refused admittance to resorts on our last stay, more than we'd ever before seen.

Thing is, the resort parking lots are sized to accommodate people staying there and those coming to eat and then leave after an hour or so. They're not intended for those thinking they're much more convenient than the designated theme park lots.

I probably am more sensitive to this because we stay at the GF which has a very small lot. As a result, the thought of people doing this and making it much harder for us to get a space...you understand my position, I presume.

Weeeelll, this is one of those situations where you technically can valet park ($33) and go on to MK. You may not be admitted to the resort currently without a dining reservation, however. We saw a number of cars refused admittance to resorts on our last stay, more than we'd ever before seen.

Thing is, the resort parking lots are sized to accommodate people staying there and those coming to eat and then leave after an hour or so. They're not intended for those thinking they're much more convenient than the designated theme park lots.

I probably am more sensitive to this because we stay at the GF which has a very small lot. As a result, the thought of people doing this and making it much harder for us to get a space...you understand my position, I presume.
But the OP does have a breakfast reservation to get in. And parking valet doesn't take away from resort guest parking spots - those spots are saved for valet only, and I've not seen that section close to full at CR. I know exactly what you're saying, though, and agree with the premise. But I don't think OP is planning to try and get in without an ADR. In this situation, they should not have an issue with what they want to do.

Oops! Duh! I overlooked that OP does have an ADR. Sorry.

I still have qualms about people using valet that way because disabled people with a valid placard or plates on the car can valet park free.

DH is disabled, so we'd hate to see that benefit discontinued because people are taking advantage of valet parking for convenient access to Epcot and MK.

Oops! Duh! I overlooked that OP does have an ADR. Sorry.

I still have qualms about people using valet that way because disabled people with a valid placard or plates on the car can valet park free.

DH is disabled, so we'd hate to see that benefit discontinued because people are taking advantage of valet parking for convenient access to Epcot and MK.
I think the fact that people not only pay for valet parking but pay more than they would for park parking is what leads Disney not to care if they leave their cars there all day - they're obviously not doing it to avoid paying to park. And as PP said, the valet parking areas don't fill up, so there should always be space for those eligible for disability parking.

I totally understand your feelings because we are BWV owners and encounter the same parking problems there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter