Valet parking at Contemporary

lvdis

love disney
Is valet parking at the Contemporary currently available? Can I use it when I have a late lunch reservation at Steakhouse 71 and stay parked for the duration of the Christmas party (MVMCP)? I was thinking it would be nice to just walk over to MK from the Contemporary.

I agree - I’ve read many times that when you pay for valet parking, you can leave your vehicle there all day or move it to another resort’s valet at no additional charge. I haven’t read anything to suggest that policy has changed.

Do you have to have a resort or dining reservation to use valet?
Based on what I’ve read here, no, you don’t. Probably because the daily charge for valet is more than for the regular parking lots, plus tips are added onto that, so relatively few guests would pay that extra amount.

Did the price for valet increase along with the price increase for theme park parking?

Do you have to have a resort or dining reservation to use valet?
Depends on the resort. It’s not a question of whom can use valet (anyone), it’s whether you can actually get past the guard to the resort.

speaking from the viewpoint of often being a guest at Poly, CR and BW (all with very crowded onsite parking)…it’s very much appreciated that the guards do check vehicle occupants for dining reservations before allowing access to the grounds.

Does anyone have experience with getting your car from valet late at night? I'm guessing we wouldn't be getting back to it until almost 1 AM because we plan to stay till the end of the party and take our time leaving.

If there isn't a designated lane to follow to valet parking @ Contemporary, I could see why the guards still want to know if you actually have an ADR. Some trying to 'game' the cost of parking would SAY they plan to valet park and then just park in the regular lot for free once past the guard shack. Clearly valet is MORE expensive then the cost of regular MK parking, but Disney has gotten wise to those who think they can park for free at a hotel and then walk to the park as a way to avoid paying for parking.

If there isn't a designated lane to follow to valet parking @ Contemporary, I could see why the guards still want to know if you actually have an ADR. Some trying to 'game' the cost of parking would SAY they plan to valet park and then just park in the regular lot for free once past the guard shack. Clearly valet is MORE expensive then the cost of regular MK parking, but Disney has gotten wise to those who think they can park for free at a hotel and then walk to the park as a way to avoid paying for parking.
With a handicap placard valet parking at resorts is free except for the tip.

With an ADR self parking at the resort is free but valet costs extra without a handicap placard.

Does anyone have experience with getting your car from valet late at night? I'm guessing we wouldn't be getting back to it until almost 1 AM because we plan to stay till the end of the party and take our time leaving.
I wanted to report back that it worked out great! We valet parked around 1:00 PM for our 1:55 reservation and picked up the car around 12:45 AM after MVMCP. Valet parking at the Contemporary is $33.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter