Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

As a lot of you know, my dad passed away very unexpectedly last October. Since my entire family is in Florida, my mom chose to have the service while Joe and I would be down for our February vacation. This worked out nicely because we were able to properly say goodbye to my dad (stupid Covid prevented us from doing this last fall) and we were able to see family. I will include a few picks of Joe and I with Gia at the luncheon my mom had...She's gotten so big and I know a lot of you have been with me since the day she was born and have enjoyed watching her grow up.
I am so glad you were able to have that time together as a family to say goodbye. Such a hard loss. :hug:

Gia looks adorable! So grown up......love the special bond you have with her. :)

You guys take the best selfies!! A low-key resort sounds perfect to come back to after time in the parks. I've heard OKW is very large and spread out, but you normally have a car with you right? Seems like that would negate any issues of having a resort that's too spread out.

We stayed in a 2 br villa at OKW and I can tell from your video that your studio has received some updates, most notably the platform bed. The bathroom hasn't received an update yet. I don't follow the OKW discussions but I know they have been doing some work there. All studios at OKW are part of a 2 br lockoff, so the door in your room that you couldn't open was the door to the one br villa.

Gurgling Suitcase had a great drink when we stayed there and unfortunately, they took it off their menu.

I am so glad you were able to have that time together as a family to say goodbye. Such a hard loss. :hug:
Me too. It really helped give us some needed closure.

Gia looks adorable! So grown up......love the special bond you have with her. :)
I can't believe how big she's getting! Joe and I are amazed every time we see her.

OKW isn’t a Resort I’ve ever considered before, but maybe one day. Your drinks certainly look delicious.
We hadn't considered it either but are trying to stay at all the resorts (we have 4 more to go). We loved it so much that we booked it again for June.

You guys take the best selfies!! A low-key resort sounds perfect to come back to after time in the parks. I've heard OKW is very large and spread out, but you normally have a car with you right? Seems like that would negate any issues of having a resort that's too spread out.
Thank you.
It is VERY large and having a car helped a lot. We did have a preferred room and could have walked but it's much quicker driving over to the main area.

We stayed in a 2 br villa at OKW and I can tell from your video that your studio has received some updates, most notably the platform bed. The bathroom hasn't received an update yet. I don't follow the OKW discussions but I know they have been doing some work there. All studios at OKW are part of a 2 br lockoff, so the door in your room that you couldn't open was the door to the one br villa.

Gurgling Suitcase had a great drink when we stayed there and unfortunately, they took it off their menu.
Good to know. Thank you.
We were talking to the bartender and they do change the bar menu from time to time. But they can basically make anything.

You certainly made Old Key West look so beautiful and appealing. It is definitely on my must try list. :)
Seriously, we fell in love with it. We didn't think we'd like it as much as we did. We have it booked again for June.

Why Does It Smells Like Farts Right Near The Contemporary Resort?

Before I post our most delicious meal and dining experience at The Wave, I wanted to share this quick update we did on our way to and from dinner. There was this most rancid, disgusting smell (that we have noticed a few times in the past year) at and around the Contemporary Resort and Joe and I felt the need to share it with all of you, lol!!!

Your room at Old Key West looks great. I don't think we've ever even been over there before or Saratoga Springs for that matter. Someone will have to hook us up next month :D

Have you all ever been to the real Key West? Don't tell Mickey but may be my favorite place in Florida.

OKW was where we stayed in 2007 for our first on property stay ❤ At the time I thought it was great and have such fond memories of being there, the boys loved it, we had a 2 bedroom which was great, kids loved the pool and we had like 4 excellent meals at Olivia's! Haven't stayed since though just because we found all the other resorts lol. We're not opposed to going back, it is super relaxing! I do think between there and SSR I prefer SSR just because of the walk to DS but if/when they start the boats up again that's cool too.

Have you all ever been to the real Key West? Don't tell Mickey but may be my favorite place in Florida.
We have not but it's on our list!!!!

OKW was where we stayed in 2007 for our first on property stay ❤ At the time I thought it was great and have such fond memories of being there, the boys loved it, we had a 2 bedroom which was great, kids loved the pool and we had like 4 excellent meals at Olivia's! Haven't stayed since though just because we found all the other resorts lol. We're not opposed to going back, it is super relaxing! I do think between there and SSR I prefer SSR just because of the walk to DS but if/when they start the boats up again that's cool too.
I remember you telling me that. I can't wait for the boats to start running again. That will be fabulous!!!

Joe and I fell in love with this resort. It has such a laid-back, chill vibe.

Our first week stay was at OKW…I'm sure I've told you before! I have such great memories there and my kids were literally babies on that trip! :love:

I wanted to share this quick update we did on our way to and from dinner. There was this most rancid, disgusting smell (that we have noticed a few times in the past year) at and around the Contemporary Resort and Joe and I felt the need to share it with all of you, lol!!!

Haha! I never noticed that! It can't be worse than the Mousegears smell!

Well when Jen and Joe are ready to go count me in!!!!
We definitely will!

Haha 😂 Andi and I always say is there a porta potty tipped over by CR.
The smell is so gross. It is bad in the bus lines closest to CR, yuck 🤮
I'm so surprised more people don't complain about it

Our first week stay was at OKW…I'm sure I've told you before! I have such great memories there and my kids were literally babies on that trip! :love:
Our first stay onsite (as a family) was at the WL and it's still my favorite.

Haha! I never noticed that! It can't be worse than the Mousegears smell!
Oh, it's pretty bad. It smells like someone pooped in the middle of that intersection!!!!

Today we checked out of OKW. But before heading to our next Disney Resort (this would be our final resort of the trip), we had booked an early lunch at Olivia's. Again, this restaurant is a hidden gem and so worth going out of your way to enjoy a meal here. I think we have literally dined here a dozen times and have only had 1 bad experience.

We started with drinks, of course. Joe had the Cold Brew XO, Patron XO Café Coffee Liqueur, Joffrey's Coffee Cold Brew, and Heavy Cream. I started with the Loaded Key West Bloody Mary, Ketel One Vodka, and spicy Bloody Mary mix, shrimp, and bacon. I have been on a bit of a Bloody Mary kick lately and this one didn't disappoint. It had just the right amount of spice and a nice amount of garnishes. I always say the garnishes are a big part of this particular drink. Joe liked his drink too.

For apps, we shared an order of the conch fritters. They were served with Key Lime-Mustard and Rémoulade sauces. These were excellent. They were nicely fried and very soft in the middle.

For our entree, Joe and I split the Conch Flats Club Sandwich, roasted Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Mayonnaise on Multigrain Toast served with French fries. We were so happy we shared this because the sandwich was huge!!! It was also very tasty.

Service was excellent as always and I'm happy to say we have reservations for breakfast here again next month. Yay!

After breakfast, Joe and I did something we have ALWAYS wanted to do at Disney but have never been able to squeeze in...We rented surrey bikes!!! Guys, this was so much fun and I highly recommend it. It's also a great way to see this large resort. It's got so many little ponds and fountains throughout the property. If we can fit it in, I'd like to do it again in June. But, this time, we plan on bringing drinks with us!

Next up...We check into Saratoga Springs and receive a HUGE room upgrade!!!

For our entree, Joe and I split the Conch Flats Club Sandwich, roasted Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Mayonnaise on Multigrain Toast served with French fries. We were so happy we shared this because the sandwich was huge!!! It was also very tasty.
Definitely a good call to share this, especially with those yummy conch fritters before. Everything looks so good!
After breakfast, Joe and I did something we have ALWAYS wanted to do at Disney but have never been able to squeeze in...We rented surrey bikes!!! Guys, this was so much fun and I highly recommend it. It's also a great way to see this large resort. It's got so many little ponds and fountains throughout the property. If we can fit it in, I'd like to do it again in June. But, this time, we plan on bringing drinks with us!
What a fun resort activity! Surrey bikes with a beverage would be even better! :)

Finally caught up again! This whole kids back at school/life returning to normalish thing is amazing but definitely eating into my dis time :rotfl:
Olivia's food looks great (even for a non-seafood eater like me) and the surrey bikes are a great way to work it off so you have room for more!:thumbsup2
You are both looking brilliant in your photos and Gia is as gorgeous as ever and getting so grown up :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter