Valentine's Disasters

My DH has been gone for the better part of the past 3 weeks. 3 business trips in 3 weeks. He's on a plane right now on his way home from Seattle and lands early 2/14. I couldn't care less if he bought me anything or if he even had time to get a card. I can honestly say that because we don't really do gifts. I'll just be happy to see him and go out to dinner. :goodvibes

My husband thinks all holidays are merely manufactured to get his money... :lmao: I'm over it!

For our first Valentine's Day when we were dating, I had an OB/GYN appt. for cryosurgery in the morning. I spent the day in bed and I was in pain so I took 2 aleve. Dh showed up after work, I answered the door to find him with chocolates and flowers. We walked up the stairs and the next thing I know I'm in the bathroom with a very painful face, fat lip, blood everywhere and him frantic on the phone with his mother. Apparently I passed out on the way up the stairs and fell, landing face first. To bad I didn't get a Teddy Bear, it could have broken my fall :rotfl:

CowboyCo, I'm so sorry about your Valentine's Day.

I got divorce papers last Valentines day. Although it was a happy day it was strange to get them ON Valentines day. The divorce was final on our "would have been" anniversary.

I'm sorry, that had to be painful.:sad1:
I lost my sons on Valentine's Day so I don't look forward to it either. :hug:

Be glad you have someone who loves you enough to send you anything. Whether or not you believe he put any thought into it. I would kill to have that.

And I have to know, what perfect gift did you get for him?

Well not a real disaster...but today my husband comes home and after about 10 minutes he says "I didnt get you a Valentine's day card", so I say "Ok"..he goes on to say "Im not getting you any chocolates or anything"...so again I say "OK"...he says "Whats the point?":confused3

Granted we are not the lovey dovey type couple, never have been(ok, maybe when we were dating..but thats it). We dont have the greatest marriage, but not the worse either. I guess. it just seemed odd, maybe hurtful the way he said it.

Oh well.. no big deal. I made sure I bought my 3 kids a little something for tomorrow;) ...afterall they are my real sweeties:lovestruc

My dh always went and bought bags of valentine candies at Bulk Barn. I would find a little pile of the mounds of candy on the counter for me. The rest?? They went to the ladies at his work. The last 2 years he has gotten me a card though.
tigercat

Well not a real disaster...but today my husband comes home and after about 10 minutes he says "I didnt get you a Valentine's day card", so I say "Ok"..he goes on to say "Im not getting you any chocolates or anything"...so again I say "OK"...he says "Whats the point?":confused3

Granted we are not the lovey dovey type couple, never have been(ok, maybe when we were dating..but thats it). We dont have the greatest marriage, but not the worse either. I guess. it just seemed odd, maybe hurtful the way he said it.

Oh well.. no big deal. I made sure I bought my 3 kids a little something for tomorrow;) ...afterall they are my real sweeties:lovestruc
That sounds like my husband. He wouldn't say it to hurt my feelings. He is just clueless!

It's easier to just consider Valentine's Day just another day. If I were to expect or hope for anything, I would just be disappointed. That way, if by chance he were to think about it, I would be so surprised. I know that he loves me and that's all that matters.

I wouldn't care for the bear either. Reminds me of the year after we had been married a year or so that he bought me a couple of pair of baseball socks for Christmas.:rotfl: You see, I played softball and he thought that it was the perfect gift!;)

I got an oil change and 1 windshield wiper:confused3 , Thought that counts and I did need both, he was listening

My DH either does great with gifts or horrible. There is no between. Lately he hasn't been great in the gift giving dept!?

I have now come to the conclusion if it is something I want, I just go out and buy it.

omg, I am so sorry. I think you officially killed the thread. None of us can top that. :eek:

LOL well I will point out she called it VD.. so I guess if any of us caught one of those dreaded VDs for Valentine's .. that might could top it . ; )

I do have ot say last year disaster wan't his fault, but it was bad. This year I was hoping to be special, since it is my first Valentine's Day since my mom passed (she used to help him pick out something) and her birthday would have been on Wed 2/11 and I have been a bit bummed out, so I was just hoping for a more magical day.

Suzanne

I do have ot say last year disaster wan't his fault, but it was bad. This year I was hoping to be special, since it is my first Valentine's Day since my mom passed (she used to help him pick out something) and her birthday would have been on Wed 2/11 and I have been a bit bummed out, so I was just hoping for a more magical day.

Suzanne
:hug: :hug:

I'm sorry, that had to be painful.:sad1:
I lost my sons on Valentine's Day so I don't look forward to it either. :hug:

Be glad you have someone who loves you enough to send you anything. Whether or not you believe he put any thought into it. I would kill to have that.

And I have to know, what perfect gift did you get for him?
:grouphug: :grouphug:

No disasters here. We don't do a lot for holidays or anniversarys, just a card or something. Low expectations mean you can't be disappointed! ;)

I'll probably get an e-card this year, because dh is out of the country. :confused3

Hubby went out today with the older 2 kids. I told him not to spend a lot.. a very small bouquet of flowers was fine.

They come home with a dozen roses in a vase, 2 balloons and 3 cards. They got them all at the grocery store. He than tells me the lady in the flower dept was picking off some of the petals. They are very hard, I am not sure they will even open lol.

I used to be the flower vendor at Costco and now my sil took over. He could of got a dozen there for less than half the price he paid at the grocery store

He said look I got you a new vase instead of that old one you have. The vase is is talking about is a lenox one that was a table vase that was sent to my grandmothers wake 2 years ago. My son was trying to stop him as he was putting his foot in his mouth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter