Vaccination Update from ABD

I just got the following update on the Vaccination policy in an email from ABD:

Note: My email did not have an end date on it as it's specifically for my trip in September, but I saw a TA on fb post that she was informed the policy goes through Dec 31, 2022.

Sayhello

Just got one of these for my July trip.

I just got the following update on the Vaccination policy in an email from ABD:

Note: My email did not have an end date on it as it's specifically for my trip in September, but I saw a TA on fb post that she was informed the policy goes through Dec 31, 2022.

Sayhello

Just got the vaccination email today for my NZ ABD for Dec. 19th, so the TA is correct. While I’m fine with the decision, it makes me wonder what the travel industry knows that they’re not telling us. I really hope my trip goes, so I’ll be eagerly watching what happens when New Zealand opens in October to international tourists.

I received the same email for our Arctic trip for July 2023... it makes no mention of being able to cancel for a refund?

Last edited:

I received the same email for our Arctic trip for July 2023... it makes no mention of being able to cancel for a refund?

mine did not either. However when I asked my TA they said I had until the 29th and I had my cancellation emails from ABD within an hour or so. I know there are some limitations.

The TA who posted about this on fb also included this:

The current vaccination policy (everyone fully vaccinated) will remain in effect for trips through Dec 31, 2022. Those who are unable to meet this requirement will be allowed to request a refund of their deposit until close of business on March 29. Those who pre-paid insurance or have purchased air will need to contact ABD for information on those specific components.
Now what she posted says "refund of their *deposit*" so I don't know what the policy is for anyone who is PIF.

Sayhello

Ok, I'm confused. I received the same email. It does not say anything about being able to cancel, and my TA did not mention cancellation when she forwarded the email to me (I received it from ABD and from her).

Should I be contacting her about cancelling Japan? I have not received any other emails from ABD.

Ok, I'm confused. I received the same email. It does not say anything about being able to cancel, and my TA did not mention cancellation when she forwarded the email to me (I received it from ABD and from her).

Should I be contacting her about cancelling Japan? I have not received any other emails from ABD.
It sounds like they are not informing people about the cancellation policy up front, which is ridiculous. It appears to be given to folks on an "as needed" basis. From what I hear, if people call to complain about the policy or to say they can't travel because they aren't vaccinated, they offer them the cancellation policy. I believe the TA on fb asked the question and was given that answer. But I haven't found it anywhere on the website or on any official communications. I think that's pretty sucky, especially because it's only offered for 2 weeks. I get it, they don't want a rash of cancellations, and want it limited to people who can't travel because they aren't vaccinated, but honestly, that's the chance they have to take with a blanket policy like this.

Sayhello

Last edited:
It sounds like they are not informing people about the cancellation policy up front, which is ridiculous. It appears to be given to folks on an "as needed" basis. From what I hear, if people call to complain about the policy or to say they can't travel because they aren't vaccinated, they offer them the cancellation policy. I believe the TA on fb asked the question and was given that answer. But I haven't found it anywhere on the website or on any official communications. I think that's pretty sucky, especially because it's only offered for 2 weeks. I get it, they don't want a rash of cancellations, and want it limited to people who can't travel because they aren't vaccinated, but honestly, that's the chance they have to take with a blanket policy like this.

Sayhello

I sent an email to my TA, and she is looking into it. Given that Japan isn't even open, who knows what their vaccination policy will even be (or if we can meet it). That alone should be grounds for allowing cancellations with a refund of the deposit.

Thanks to this thread, I asked my TA to clarify the cancellation policy with ABD. Our early June trip to Japan has been cancelled, and I will be getting a full refund of my deposit. Confirmed by ABD. For anyone still in a situation like mine, just call ABD or your travel agent and ask!
This is a very good thread with positive people filled with good advice and ready to help each other :flower1:!

Thanks to this thread, I asked my TA to clarify the cancellation policy with ABD. Our early June trip to Japan has been cancelled, and I will be getting a full refund of my deposit. Confirmed by ABD. For anyone still in a situation like mine, just call ABD or your travel agent and ask!

It's such a relief having it settled, isn't it? I hope you make it over there in the future!

I had a summer trip that we had already planned on not taking due to a number of family logistics issues. We were prepared to put our deposits in holding if we had to, but after receiving this email we were able to get a full refund of those deposits.

So trips to Japan into early June, 2022, have been officially cancelled already? That's good to know. Their web site still shows May 15 as an upcoming trip, but that's something I guess they just didn't update yet. We're really on edge for what to do about money we have down on October, 2022. When we called ABD a few months ago, and they were not going to give us a refund. Maybe it's time for another call. We don't even care if they hold the money for a future trip, but at this point, we'd prefer to not have to make very expensive last-minute arrangements to travel to Asia in the event they open their borders and ABD 'forces' a trip in with reduced experiences. Thanks for this info - it's helpful.

So trips to Japan into early June, 2022, have been officially cancelled already? That's good to know. Their web site still shows May 15 as an upcoming trip, but that's something I guess they just didn't update yet. We're really on edge for what to do about money we have down on October, 2022. When we called ABD a few months ago, and they were not going to give us a refund. Maybe it's time for another call. We don't even care if they hold the money for a future trip, but at this point, we'd prefer to not have to make very expensive last-minute arrangements to travel to Asia in the event they open their borders and ABD 'forces' a trip in with reduced experiences. Thanks for this info - it's helpful.

My June trip wasn’t cancelled by ABD. I asked to cancel and get my deposit back, and ABD agreed. I thought I clarified that in a previous post, but I’ve been posting in a few different threads.

However, someone in another thread said the mid-May trip to Japan has been cancelled. We were scheduled to arrive June 4. So, I fully expect the trip we were booked on will be canceled by ABD (if it hasn’t been already).

My June trip wasn’t cancelled by ABD. I asked to cancel and get my deposit back, and ABD agreed. I thought I clarified that in a previous post, but I’ve been posting in a few different threads.

However, someone in another thread said the mid-May trip to Japan has been cancelled. We were scheduled to arrive June 4. So, I fully expect the trip we were booked on will be canceled by ABD (if it hasn’t been already).
Thanks for the clarification - my bad. But I still very much appreciate your information. Thanks. Time to make another call. Hope we eventually get to enjoy this experience in the future!

This might seem like an odd question, but did you happen to purchase either of the insurance options for your trip? Just wondering if that money is refunded or lost, depending on the situation.

This might seem like an odd question, but did you happen to purchase either of the insurance options for your trip? Just wondering if that money is refunded or lost, depending on the situation.

You weren't asking me, but I did not buy any insurance options and received a full refund for my July trip.

I did not purchase any insurance. That’s how little confidence I had in this trip. They should refund it, but I wonder if they only will if ABD cancels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter