Vaccinated women TMI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you look up Dr. Jen Gunter on your favourite social media site. She’s said many times that your period being affected by the vaccine is bs.

Maybe a few days early, but I've been 2 weeks off, one week on for about a year now. I assume that's my body's unfun version of perimenopause.

I suggest you look up Dr. Jen Gunter on your favourite social media site. She’s said many times that your period being affected by the vaccine is bs.

Your period can be affected by many things. So the vaccine affecting your period because OF the vaccine may be BS. But if you are nervous or stressed about the vaccine it may affect your period. Heck the stress of the pandemic itself may have affected some woman's periods.

Your period can be affected by many things. So the vaccine affecting your period because OF the vaccine may be BS. But if you are nervous or stressed about the vaccine it may affect your period. Heck the stress of the pandemic itself may have affected some woman's periods.
Yes, that’s what I read too. I think it’s certainly possible for your menstrual cycle to be affected by the vaccine. Your hormones may be affected by stress, so if you are anxious about the vaccine and/or find it to be a stress release to be safe from COVID, that could affect things. Also, during the luteal phase of your cycle your immune system is suppressed. If you receive the vaccine during your luteal cycle and it causes a strong immune reaction, maybe it would change the length of your luteal phase and then affect your overall cycle length.

The more concerning question to me is not if the vaccine is changing women’s menstrual cycles, but if it is causing any type of permanent change…

And because this person says something everyone should believe it? There are ongoing studies about this for a reason. People who want to squelch women’s concerns really irritate me. For the record my period was over two weeks late after my second Pfizer shot. I could blame it on anxiety, but honestly I’ve suffered from anxiety for most of my life and I have never had it affect my period in the past.

I have been in menopause for 5 years. Two weeks after my 2nd pfizer shot, I had bleeding. I believe it was vaccine related. I filled out the survey someone posted. It needs to be studied so women don’t have to pay a couple thousand bucks fir an early pap smear, sonogram and biopsy. All normal.

I am glad I got the vaccine. Would do it again. Had no other side effects. But just dismissing it as having no relationship is just more bs in dealing with women’s issues in healthcare.

Initially I was more like it's really hard to tell. My cycles never changed from their normal during the pandemic, a time of high stress so I can't just easily explain it by stress even though cycles can be very much affected by them. I was on mine when I got the second dose. It lasted 9 days (normal 5-7). 8 days after stopping I started again with a 5-day one. My original next one was supposed to be May 17th, my tracker changed that to June 2nd, but today I started again (a few days early just like my first one that I was on when I got the second dose was). I would have chalked it up to stress but it just doesn't happen to me to have a period 8 days after stopping. I'm guessing mine was a one-time disruption but am tracking it for my own purposes.

FWIW an interesting article I read today was discussing efficacy of the covid-19 vaccine with women in somuch that is ever so slightly less with women than men and that hormones such as estrogen may play a role. They also mentioned this in terms of side effects. I didn't even know this but in the U.S. it wasn't even required to include women until 1993 when before trials often excluded women.

During these trials (many trials) they don't really ask for menstrual cycle changes, so hard to say no to something that wasn't studied. It does seem that this question of is it or is it not impacting cycles is drawling attention to this so I'd say that's a good thing.

I think the musings were initially dismissed until more women came out and discussed changes. Your cycle can be impacted by a lot of things so it's hard to pinpoint things but I'm going to be inclined to believe a stronger correlation when it comes to situations like me and women who were in menopause restarting again. I think one of the bigger things will be delving into ones that more closely match someone's cycle from those way off.

I'm also confused is this the same Jen Gunter that said the following: "Dr. Jen Gunter, an obstetrician and gynecologist in the San Francisco Bay Area, said a link is possible, since the uterine lining, which is shed during menstruation, contains immune cells that help protect the uterus." (this was from early May). Where did she say it was BS or was this a different Jen Gunter?

I haven’t looked her up, but I think it absolutely can be. It’s an immune response, so not unlikely. Also menstrual cycles can be affected by so many things - age, stress, medication, weight, etc. Why couldn’t this.

But also, there is enough evidence that there is causation, nor just correlation.

ETA: ok, looked her up. And her own blog says it could be related. She also says it may not be. But nowhere does she say it’s BS.

https://vajenda.substack.com/p/the-covid-19-vaccine-and-menstrual

Last edited:
My period returned after my postpartum/ breastfeeding experience, and after my Pfizer vaccine. it It was more than expected as I was 16 months postpartum. It turned out to be extremely regular. More regular than before. I love the consistency lol.

This is interesting. I had no menstrual changes after the Moderna shots, but I am curious about why it would impact that for some women and what the current theories are regarding this -
Just hoping we don’t all regret getting this dang shot eventually, but I do want to trust the science. Either way I’m vaccinated with no ill effects so far and there’s no undoing it anyway.

I hadn't had a period in 6+ months, but it returned a month after my second dose of Moderna. Who knows if it's just a coincidence or a side effect of the vaccine, though.

A couple of researchers are conducting a survey study about it:

I also hadn't had a period in 6 months and got one between doses of Pfizer. Like a week after my 1st dose and before 2nd. I am almost 48.

Interesting thread. I was wondering if it was related.

I'm 56. I hadn't had a period in 14 months, so fully menopausal. Got 1st and 2nd Pfizer doses in April. In the beginning of May both breasts became tender. Lasted a few days. Two weeks later I felt 100% like I was ovulating. All the symptoms I remembered having during childbearing years. Went to GYN. Exam was normal. To be safe, two weeks later, I had a pelvic and trans-vag ultrasound. Normal except lining of uterus was slightly thickened. I'd actually suspected this would be the case since IMO I had ovulated! Wasn't surprised when I started spotting soon after the ultrasound results.
I'd wondered if this had something to do with the vaccine. This thread just about confirms it in my mind.

This is interesting. I had no menstrual changes after the Moderna shots, but I am curious about why it would impact that for some women and what the current theories are regarding this -
Just hoping we don’t all regret getting this dang shot eventually, but I do want to trust the science. Either way I’m vaccinated with no ill effects so far and there’s no undoing it anyway.
That it’s an immune response. Along the same lines why some women experienced swollen lymph nodes. These things aren’t uncommon with vaccines, but we’re hearing about it because it’s a happening to us all at once and because part of this current process is looking for side effects.

I don’t see why we’d regret it. Actual Covid can also lead to these same responses and a whole host of other problems. Also, there are plenty of things that alter menstrual cycles, that we don’t even blink an eye at.

I'm a retired RN yet when it comes to female health concerns, my best resource for years has been online forums where women discuss what they are experiencing!! Why? Because Women are often not heard by health care professionals! This is evident in medical books, many online resources and in-person interaction. On my recent GYN visit, I was examined by a young, female NP. She was great overall, but told me there's no way I was ovulating 14 mo into menopause. (BTW, the Harvard School of Medicine's website disagrees with her) She said my lower abdominal pain could be "gas pains"..... ummm and do gas pains occur in the same area, over several days and at the same time create clear, egg-white type vaginal discharge? I ovulated for 35 years of my life (that's over 400 times). And, no surprise, I've had gas pains. When I say it feels like ovulation, I speak from experience. And still, I was not *heard*. The complete *picture* of my symptoms (bilateral breast tenderness followed 2 wks later by ovulation symptoms) was not taken into account. We, too often, have to trust our instincts and do our own research and come to our own conclusions. I'd love it to NOT be this way!

Last edited:
I got very light bleeding a couple days after my second Pfizer shot. Thought it was my period which I haven't gotten in about 4 months (I'm 52) but then it went away the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter