• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vaccinated women TMI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I got my first dose of Pfizer 2 weeks ago. My period came 2 weeks early which was unusual for me. "

Did it come the day you had your shot? Sorry, I'm not clear.
Sorry for not being clear. I got my dose 2 weeks ago. My period is due June 8 but it came this week which makes it 2 weeks early.

I experienced no menstrual changes with the Moderna vaccine. For reference, I am regular/on BC and 43 yo.

I had spotting happen 2 weeks after my first Moderna shot, exactly 2 weeks before I was due to start. It was definitely surprising.

I’m in my 40’s and on bc, and don’t get much of a period. This month I had cramps, which have been rare for for me during the past few years.

My period has been a "will it happen/will it not happen" for a couple of years now because of perimenopause. When I do get it it's usually very heavy and very long. I had my second dose at the end of March and April's was unaffected for me, but May was the absolute worst/heaviest/crampiest of my 39 yrs of having periods.

If anything, my periods have been a little lighter than usual, though I'm skeptical about attributing that to the shot. I received my second shot of Moderna in February.

I have had some changes since getting pfizer shots, but I've chalked it up to my age and coincidence in timing.

But, it does make me wonder if the shots hastened things.

I had Moderna. I haven't had a period in 15 years. I was on the 3 month cycle of birth control pills due to migraines during my week off. So I'd do 11 weeks on, 1 week off, and should have had a period during the week off but it just slowly got lighter and lighter until I stopped bleeding at all. Last July I turned 50 and stopped taking the pill so my body could go through menopause. I had hot flashes, etc. until January and figured I was done with it all.

Got my second Moderna in March and less than a week later, I started bleeding again. Every other week for the next two months. The first of May I had a period worse than anything I've ever had. I won't get graphic, but it was worse than postpartum. I contacted my PCP and she gave me synthetic progesterone for 8 days. As soon as those 8 days were up, I started bleeding again and this time it was even worse. I didn't think that was possible. So this time I went to see my PCP and she put me on the largest dose of actual progesterone and I have an appointment with a gynecologist in a month just to make sure it isn't something other than the vaccine. I've read enough anecdotally I am pretty sure it's the vaccine, but I'm taking that progesterone and still spotting (which shouldn't happen). I had emergency surgery in early January and it's really messed up my body, so I think when the vaccine caused an immune response, my body just kind of reacted. I hate this though. Didn't really want to go through all of this again.

Hmm, this is an interesting thread. I got my second shot of Pfizer on April 20th and didn't get my period this month. I've also been having erratic periods the last several years(perimenopause). Is it just a coincidence and am I now in menopause? My sister says it's about time-I'm 50 years old. Time to start the hormone therapy, I'm not gonna suffer :rotfl2:

Hysterectomy is an option if the bleeding gets to be too much. My MIL had to have one, so did her sister. It's pretty common.

I had Moderna. I haven't had a period in 15 years. I was on the 3 month cycle of birth control pills due to migraines during my week off. So I'd do 11 weeks on, 1 week off, and should have had a period during the week off but it just slowly got lighter and lighter until I stopped bleeding at all. Last July I turned 50 and stopped taking the pill so my body could go through menopause. I had hot flashes, etc. until January and figured I was done with it all.

Got my second Moderna in March and less than a week later, I started bleeding again. Every other week for the next two months. The first of May I had a period worse than anything I've ever had. I won't get graphic, but it was worse than postpartum. I contacted my PCP and she gave me synthetic progesterone for 8 days. As soon as those 8 days were up, I started bleeding again and this time it was even worse. I didn't think that was possible. So this time I went to see my PCP and she put me on the largest dose of actual progesterone and I have an appointment with a gynecologist in a month just to make sure it isn't something other than the vaccine. I've read enough anecdotally I am pretty sure it's the vaccine, but I'm taking that progesterone and still spotting (which shouldn't happen). I had emergency surgery in early January and it's really messed up my body, so I think when the vaccine caused an immune response, my body just kind of reacted. I hate this though. Didn't really want to go through all of this again.
I’m so sorry. This is awful what you’re going through.

My periods are no longer regular. But my period started 4 days after my second Pfizer vaccine. (did not not have one between the first & second shot). I have no clue if it had anything to do with the vaccine or not. The only difference in flow was that it was heavy from day 1. Usually it is light - normal day 1 and heavy day 2 - 3, tapering off day 4 & ending by day 5 - 7.

My period has been a "will it happen/will it not happen" for a couple of years now because of perimenopause. When I do get it it's usually very heavy and very long. I had my second dose at the end of March and April's was unaffected for me, but May was the absolute worst/heaviest/crampiest of my 39 yrs of having periods.
It may be tied to the vaccine, but this could also be the perimenopause on its own. Mine was like that in late 30s ( sometimes early, sometimes late, but always heavy) and then I had one horrendous one over spring break when I was 39, where I was afraid to leave the house. And I was in so much pain. I called my doc at that point because I was afraid of it becoming my new normal and was put back on bcp (progesterone only). I haven’t had a period in 2 years and I feel like a new person.

————
To answer the OP, I had a literal minute of spotting after my second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter