• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vaccinated women TMI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
I know there’s a thread about everyone’s experiences and side effects but I am specifically trying to learn about how/if your period was affected after your vaccine. I have read some stories online that are starting to scare me.
One woman said she got vaccinated in January and ever since has had a period every 2 weeks

I got my first dose of Pfizer 2 weeks ago. My period came 2 weeks early which was unusual for me. I usually get cramps but this time I had the most painful cramps I’ve ever had, and I’m in my 40s. Even with pain killers, I was debating if I should go to the hospital because I felt like I was in full blown labor. My period is also more heavy than usual. I’m scared because it has taken 15 years to feel better after some procedures and multiple iron infusions and I don’t want to go backwards in progress.

If you are vaccinated did you have a similar experience? Did you return to normal after the following month?

With my second shot my following period was very small. I honestly thought I was pregnant is was so small. Than the following month all heck broke loose and it came 10 days early (my period has been the same since I was 10 plus or minus a few days). And it was HEAVY and painfull. I have endometriosis so I'm used to painfull and pretty heavy periods but this was another level. I hope next month it levels out.

I hadn't had a period in 6+ months, but it returned a month after my second dose of Moderna. Who knows if it's just a coincidence or a side effect of the vaccine, though.

A couple of researchers are conducting a survey study about it:
https://redcap.healthinstitute.illinois.edu/surveys/index.php?s=LL8TKKC8DP
I also hadn't had a period in 6 months and got one between doses of Pfizer. Like a week after my 1st dose and before 2nd. I am almost 48.

Interesting thread. I was wondering if it was related.

I got my period (on time) a few days after my first dose of Moderna, it was a little heavier and longer than usual, and with stronger cramps than I've had in a few years, but not terrible. After my second dose, the same. My next cycle should start soon, so I don't know yet if there will be any other effects.

I didn't notice a difference in the period between the first and second doses (also Pfizer). My first period after my second dose was heavier and longer than usual. My cycle has been like clockwork since middle school so any changes are pretty glaring, and this was the first time I remember ever having a 7 day period. My second showed up 2 days early but has been otherwise normal so far.

I wonder if the timing of the shot could make a difference? I had both of my doses the day before I was expecting my period, so I wouldn't have noticed if the vaccine had somehow triggered it to start, and the worse cramping seems like it could be connected to it coming so far from its ordinary time.

Funny this thread popped up today as my period is 5 days late and I think it has to be vaccine related. Mine has always arrived between day 26-28 with maybe one or two exceptions since I was 10. I’ve seen a lot of people mention a very late period after their 2nd Moderna shot and that is also my situation. I had no changes after my first shot.

Funny this thread popped up today as my period is 5 days late and I think it has to be vaccine related. Mine has always arrived between day 26-28 with maybe one or two exceptions since I was 10. I’ve seen a lot of people mention a very late period after their 2nd Moderna shot and that is also my situation. I had no changes after my first shot.
Friends of mine have been upwords to 30 days late.or skip it altogether. Kinda crazy

I know there’s a thread about everyone’s experiences and side effects but I am specifically trying to learn about how/if your period was affected after your vaccine.
I was fully vaccinated via Moderna a few months ago, and my period has been completely unaffected.

I know there’s a thread about everyone’s experiences and side effects but I am specifically trying to learn about how/if your period was affected after your vaccine. I have read some stories online that are starting to scare me.
One woman said she got vaccinated in January and ever since has had a period every 2 weeks

I got my first dose of Pfizer 2 weeks ago. My period came 2 weeks early which was unusual for me. I usually get cramps but this time I had the most painful cramps I’ve ever had, and I’m in my 40s. Even with pain killers, I was debating if I should go to the hospital because I felt like I was in full blown labor. My period is also more heavy than usual. I’m scared because it has taken 15 years to feel better after some procedures and multiple iron infusions and I don’t want to go backwards in progress.

If you are vaccinated did you have a similar experience? Did you return to normal after the following month?

"I got my first dose of Pfizer 2 weeks ago. My period came 2 weeks early which was unusual for me. "

Did it come the day you had your shot? Sorry, I'm not clear.

Typically, I’m on medication for heavy bleeding with my period.

I had Moderna. After my first shot, my period came 1 day earlier than I expected (but that could just be some normal variation), but it was way lighter than normal. I didn’t need my medication that month.

After my 2nd shot, my period came on time and was closer to normal, although slightly lighter. I did take my medication.

I am not far enough out to have had a 3rd period yet, so I’m interested to see what happens.

I didn't relate it to the vaccine until this thread, but my first period after my second dose of Moderna came 4 days early and still lasted the normal time plus those 4 days. Things appear to be back to normal now.

I actually have had very short /light periods since vaccination. I am in perimenopause so my periods can vary pretty wildly, but they have definitely not gotten worse.
This is my experience as well, except that I've had horribly long, painful, debilitating periods since I was 11 years old. Since vaccination, I've had a bit more between period spotting than usual, but I always have some and it's not terrible. But otherwise, they've been shorter, lighter, and dramatically less painful. I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter