Vaccinated email went out, seems Disney sent out by accident.

Ok so I can do online check in tomorrow for 9/30 cruise on Wish.
Do I still have to fill in all the Safe Passage info 15 days prior?

I'm so sorry :(. I would definitely just try giving them a call (probably not today lol) and see what they say. Side Note: If you have the Vacation Protection Plan or any other type of travel insurance, the health condition that your mother developed may very well be a covered reason for cancellation, so you may be able to cancel and recoup your losses that way.
Thanks, I'll likely give them a call in a week or two and see if I can get any movement from Disney, honestly I'd even be happy with a gift card, just not losing out on the money spent. We unfortunately didn't book travel insurance because I didn't think the deposit would be covered under any circumstances. Probably something I should have researched more of, but it is what it is.

I am booked concierge for Feb 23 and no longer feel comfortable cruising with basically all precautions removed. I’m planning to push out my cruise to late 2023 so I don’t lose our deposit. If I still don’t feel comfortable I’ll move it out again. Is that an option for you?
Yes and no. I would definitely do it as a last resort, but there are no cruises out of Galveston released for later in 2023 at this time, so we would have to book a placeholder in Florida and move it again to Galveston once dates are released, which honestly seems like a huge hassle at this point and with the phones being so hard to get through. I'll chat with them in the coming weeks and post on here if I make any headway. I honestly can't see how they wouldn't honor a refund given the circumstances are so wildly different than the product they were offering when we booked.

This is still confusing to me from the Know Before You Go page:

Why did they leave the testing section in if it’s no longer required? You could interpret it to mean if you don’t submit test results, you’ll get tested at port. I’d have to bet that they just didn’t clean up the page fully, but it is confusing.
Because the new rules don't take effect until Sept. 23rd. From now until then, people still need to know the testing requirements for vaccinated.

I'll chat with them in the coming weeks and post on here if I make any headway. I honestly can't see how they wouldn't honor a refund given the circumstances are so wildly different than the product they were offering when we booked.
That would be great if you can let us know what happens. I would love to just get my $ back but not holding my breath!

I honestly can't see how they wouldn't honor a refund given the circumstances are so wildly different than the product they were offering when we booked.
Not to be negative, but they have not allowed any exceptions for others in the past year or so. Each time there was a significant change in policy, a brief "free" cancellation period was announced. Those outside of that period or who somehow didn't get word of the cancellation period, were not granted exceptions.

Could you swap passengers? Maybe bring a friend in mom's place? Sorry to hear of her health problems and I hope she gets well/stays well.

Wait, I’m confused now.
after 9/23 on designated ships,
Do we STILL have to do the monitored test 1 to 2 days BEFORE a the day of cruise!!!!

Not to be negative, but they have not allowed any exceptions for others in the past year or so. Each time there was a significant change in policy, a brief "free" cancellation period was announced. Those outside of that period or who somehow didn't get word of the cancellation period, were not granted exceptions.

Could you swap passengers? Maybe bring a friend in mom's place? Sorry to hear of her health problems and I hope she gets well/stays well.
See, I went through all of my DCL emails (I'm one of those email hoarders that only cleans them once every 2-3 years) from when we booked to today and not one email about changes or cancellations with the exception of the one regarding final payment extensions. So, even though they made changes, the only way I found out about them was on this board or news alerts from google. And it was a family trip, so it would be unfair to leave mom alone for a week while we have fun without her.

Can I just say that, to add to the confusion of today, I am sailing in October with my family PLUS I am a TA. So I first got the e-mail that said "earlier today, we sent out some wrong information about your cruise" even though I actually never got that first e-mail, and that e-mail said that vaccinated guests still needed to test for my cruise. Then I got the TA e-mail with the (correct) information saying that vaccinated guests will no longer have to test beginning September 23 (November 7 for Magic). THEN I got a third e-mail that said "earlier today, we sent out some misinformation". My kids came home from their 1/2 day just in time to hear me scream "WHICH E-MAIL IS WRONG THOUGH??"

Can I just say that, to add to the confusion of today, I am sailing in October with my family PLUS I am a TA. So I first got the e-mail that said "earlier today, we sent out some wrong information about your cruise" even though I actually never got that first e-mail, and that e-mail said that vaccinated guests still needed to test for my cruise. Then I got the TA e-mail with the (correct) information saying that vaccinated guests will no longer have to test beginning September 23 (November 7 for Magic). THEN I got a third e-mail that said "earlier today, we sent out some misinformation". My kids came home from their 1/2 day just in time to hear me scream "WHICH E-MAIL IS WRONG THOUGH??"
Disney IT and Communications at its finest...

I went through all of my DCL emails (I'm one of those email hoarders that only cleans them once every 2-3 years) from when we booked to today and not one email about changes or cancellations with the exception of the one regarding final payment extensions.
DCL's communication definitely leaves something to be desired. :headache:

Keep an eye on the Flexible Refund policy. Currently that allows for cancellations with full refund within 14 days of embarkation due to covid exposure. While the recent announcements could be a sign that policy will disappear sometime soon as well, if they are still testing unvaccinated it may still be in effect for January. I'm sure someone in your party will be exposed ;)

See, I went through all of my DCL emails (I'm one of those email hoarders that only cleans them once every 2-3 years) from when we booked to today and not one email about changes or cancellations with the exception of the one regarding final payment extensions. So, even though they made changes, the only way I found out about them was on this board or news alerts from google. And it was a family trip, so it would be unfair to leave mom alone for a week while we have fun without her.

The requirements now and later in the end aren't going to make the cruise safer or not based on the latest on the CDC. Testing 3 days out is not going to catch that many cases , especially for longer cruises. Vaccination wise there will still be a fair amount of vaccinated passengers on board. But even the CDC has said Vax/Non vax contract and spread the same, at best it reduces severity.

Testing at embarkation probably had the best chance at reducing in the end but even now that it is taking days for many to test positive with the new strain it is hard to say how much of an impact. If someone is high risk for a severe case of covid Cruising is really not the right choice for those people with or with out all the restrictions. It is what it is.

There are def some types of trip insurance that would have covered you but they aren't the cheaper ones. The whole point is to recover the non refundable portions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter