Vacation rentals near Lake Nona?

ChadsGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We have been to Orlando many, many, many times, always staying at Windsor Hills or at a Disney resort. We have family in Lake Nona and are thinking about a family-focused visit with maybe one day at a Disney park. We'd like to stay in a rental home and my default is always Windsor Hills for that. However, I'm wondering if there are any good vacation rentals closer to the Lake Nona area since this wouldn't be a theme park-focused visit. I have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Lake Nona for a short visit and that was nice, but again would ideally like a vacation home.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

A quick search of VRBO shows that there are not very many listings in Lake Nona itself...it looks like the closest you would get to a "community" like Windsor Hills would be Villa Sol, which is right at the end of Osceola Parkway.

You might find some individual homes available on VRBO or AirBnB but not a whole rental community, so to speak.

We've gone through a similar experience because my son and his husband live due north of Lake Nona, north of the airport. Last year was the first time we did a vacation rental and it was hard to find anything at all close to them. We ended up in the Meadow Woods area in a house we found on VRBO. It was just a house, not within a resort community. This year we're trying a house in Storey Lake. A bit further from our son, but there just isn't much available that far east from WDW. Oddly everyone wants to be near the parks 😁

Thanks for the responses! Yes I did the VRBO search and didn't find much of anything either. I saw some Storey Lake listings too...maybe I'll look into that a little more. It definitely makes sense that vacation rentals are going to be close to the parks! I may end up back at Windsor Hills for simplicity and familiarity. :)

Thank you for the input!

Orange County does not permit short term rentals which is why you won't find anything out that way..

Orange County does not permit short term rentals which is why you won't find anything out that way..
Wow, really? I guess the house we rented last year was an illegal rental 😮 Perhaps that's why the guy refused our request to rent again this year

I think ParkHopperfan is right. Orange County does not permit short term rentals. However, you will find lots of them on airbnb. Much more than homeaway or VRBO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter