• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Planning got me Fantasmic Balcony!

javaj

DIS Veteran
Called Disney Vacation planning and they got Fantasmic Balcony Seating for us for Dec 16th. Yeay!

Lucky you! I called Vacation Planning and was told they would not be able to handle the Fantasmic reservations for the holiday period! Either you got the last day they were willing to make arrangements (the 16th), they've just recently changed their policy, or I didn't get as nice a CM... Hummmmmm.

CalGal said:
Lucky you! I called Vacation Planning and was told they would not be able to handle the Fantasmic reservations for the holiday period! Either you got the last day they were willing to make arrangements (the 16th), they've just recently changed their policy, or I didn't get as nice a CM... Hummmmmm.

They were going to try for 12/16 and 12/17 for me, and they got my first choice. That is strange that they won't help you "plan" your vacation just because it is during the holiday period. They're supposed to be Disney Vacation Planning LOL. I talked to Brad, if that helps.

smt0077 said:
I will be on the Balcony on 12/16, also!

Cool, we'll see you there! I'll be the one eating all the cheesecake LOL. No seriously, it'll be me, DH, and 3yo DS. DS is in my signature below.

It does bother me that Vacation Planning is not being consistent. I've stayed on-site several times and this was the first time I tried them. Perhaps my voice is not as enticing as yours. Actually, I told them that I am arriving the 16th and while I wasn't going to try for Fantasmic until the 17th (in case the flight is delayed), I believe they told me that they wouldn't arrange for Fantasmic before I requested a specific date. Oh well... I called on my own and got 9PM balcony anyway for the 18th. (Yea!)

So I'm wondering, is attending the desert buffet as much of a rush as getting through precisely at 8:00:01 and scoring the tickets?

Sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. You are seated in the order that you purchased the tickets. So, if you were the first one to get thru on the
phone that day, then you will be seated first. So there is no rush to get there. As long as you are there about 30 minutes before showtime - you
are fine.

CalGal said:
It does bother me that Vacation Planning is not being consistent. I've stayed on-site several times and this was the first time I tried them. Perhaps my voice is not as enticing as yours. Actually, I told them that I am arriving the 16th and while I wasn't going to try for Fantasmic until the 17th (in case the flight is delayed), I believe they told me that they wouldn't arrange for Fantasmic before I requested a specific date. Oh well... I called on my own and got 9PM balcony anyway for the 18th. (Yea!)

So I'm wondering, is attending the desert buffet as much of a rush as getting through precisely at 8:00:01 and scoring the tickets?
In my experience, yes. I called at 8:00:01 (by the time I talked with someone, it was probably 8:03) and the tickets for that day had already gone. At that time I posted this info on the board, someone suggested that DVP does have an inside edge in reserving for this particular event.

SeattleRedBear said:
In my experience, yes. I called at 8:00:01 (by the time I talked with someone, it was probably 8:03) and the tickets for that day had already gone. At that time I posted this info on the board, someone suggested that DVP does have an inside edge in reserving for this particular event.

I'm guessing so too.
I was talking to the CM at EXACTLY 8:00 when I tried to get tickets and they only had 2 balcony seats left for the early show, I needed 3. :(
Can't quite figure out how that could happen unless someone took a LOT of seats... and my guess is it was vacation planning. :guilty:
Thing is we are staying on site and I could have had VP get my tickets too, except I just KNEW I could get in early (and I DID!) and was hoping to score seats #1-3. :rolleyes:
Oh well, that's a chunk of money I'll have for something else. We'll just have to see the late fantasmic since I won't sit for hours to get a spot for the early show.

That sounds odd that vacation planning told you that they could not do it. We called vacation planning about a week before our 30 days out time. They were extremely nice and helpful. They got us 9pm Balcony on our first choice of 12/21.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter