Vacation club points

I feel like OP wants more than anyone here on a fan forum can give. These rules have been in place for a while. Sure they suck but if they want to they can keep it this way. Could always sell your contract and pay cash for the stays.
Holy cow! Have you seen the price of resorts at WDW lately?!? $300+ for a moderate? I have two trips planned in October and May and the equivalent Disney hotel room would cost me nearly $15,000. My dues are about $2,000.

I personally hardly ever borrow. Having points stuck in a use year makes me nervous. I am more of a banker which I guess also sticks points in a use year but I just think of those as the points I need to use first. I still feel sorry for the OP. There are many members with small contacts who bank and borrow to a vacation every 3 years. Something that has been recommended here to people who don’t go every year but still want to be members. I know a family like this and the 50% borrowing has thrown a big monkey wrench in their plans. Still others plan for that big multi villa family vacation … BTDT, borrowed the points.

OP, I understand your frustration and I hope you find a solution.

Currently, my daughter has a 300 pt contract at Poly April UY. She's let me use her points for the last 2 years b/c she has little ones that she didn't want to take right now. She is now wanting to plan a big vacation for her dad's side for june 2022 and we can use the 300 points for UY 2022 but "currently" will only be able to borrow 50%. I'm crossing my fingers that it changes soon so she can get everyone rooms for as many days as she'd like but it may not happen and we'll figure it out somehow. I used her points last year for a trip with my mom at spring break before they expired bc she decided she just couldn't use them and didn't bank them thinking she would use them. She lost a few points but it wasn't enough to cover a room an extra night for us or I would've just stayed one more night. LOL It was my 1st time staying in a 1 BR b/c we had more points to use (AKL KV and LOVED IT) I rented out half the points for her to a friend at an incredibly discounted rate simply b/c she was going to lose them anyway. And I used the other half to take my mom who had never been and she got to watch the animals from the balcony every day. She gave me this years points to use for a Christmas trip b/c she wasn't going to use them still and I'm taking my son and a friend who's never been during Christmas week. NOW she decided to take her dad's family next summer and I will feel bad if we can't borrow the extra points b/c she let me use this year's for a Christmas trip which has already been planned and paid for so of course she doesn't want me to give her the points back either. Sooooo... with all that said, we're not mad but disappointed it's not changed from borrowing 50% yet but crossing our fingers it will be soon so it all works out.

Currently, my daughter has a 300 pt contract at Poly April UY. She's let me use her points for the last 2 years b/c she has little ones that she didn't want to take right now. She is now wanting to plan a big vacation for her dad's side for june 2022 and we can use the 300 points for UY 2022 but "currently" will only be able to borrow 50%. I'm crossing my fingers that it changes soon so she can get everyone rooms for as many days as she'd like but it may not happen and we'll figure it out somehow. I used her points last year for a trip with my mom at spring break before they expired bc she decided she just couldn't use them and didn't bank them thinking she would use them. She lost a few points but it wasn't enough to cover a room an extra night for us or I would've just stayed one more night. LOL It was my 1st time staying in a 1 BR b/c we had more points to use (AKL KV and LOVED IT) I rented out half the points for her to a friend at an incredibly discounted rate simply b/c she was going to lose them anyway. And I used the other half to take my mom who had never been and she got to watch the animals from the balcony every day. She gave me this years points to use for a Christmas trip b/c she wasn't going to use them still and I'm taking my son and a friend who's never been during Christmas week. NOW she decided to take her dad's family next summer and I will feel bad if we can't borrow the extra points b/c she let me use this year's for a Christmas trip which has already been planned and paid for so of course she doesn't want me to give her the points back either. Sooooo... with all that said, we're not mad but disappointed it's not changed from borrowing 50% yet but crossing our fingers it will be soon so it all works out.

A consideration might be for her to rent points for the summer trip if the 50% restriction has not been lifted by then and then rent out her next years points once they can be used. A little more work but gets it to the same spot as being able to borrow 100%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter