V&A’s: 7 courses or 10?

I did the ten course when I went in March, and I highly recommend it. We had the same apprehension, but our server reassured us that we could take as long as we needed, and if we needed a break to digest and maybe sip on some wine, we were welcome to.

We were super-full, and actually had to take the chocolates to go. They were fine with that (except for the cherry, that one has to be eaten in-house and is totally fun).

I can't recommend it highly enough!
They didn't let you take the cherry home? That's weird they've always packed that one up too

They said it was due to liability concerns, someone might choke on the pit. :goodvibes Maybe our waiter just didn't trust us enough, ha!

I certainly made room for it, though.
(Congratulations on the wedding, by the way!)

No. The wine pairing is not that much, but if you opt for various items--usually at least one fish and one beef--there are additional charges. In combination, those wine pairings, upgrades and tip account for the rest.

My son and I did the 7 course in the main dining room last August, each of us got a wine pairing and no up charge items. Our final bill with tip and tax was around $700. I do tip at least 20%.

Do the 10!!!! The food is excellent and the 10-course is ABSOLUTELY worth it!!! We did the 10-course and it was great yet we didn't leave there overly full.

I am going in October. Can you get a glass of wine or just the pairing? How much tip is appropriate?
Thanks!!
You can get just a glass if you want. We tipped just over 20%.

We went for our anniversary and was lucky enough to get the Chef's Table just for the two of us. We did get the wine pairing and shared it (i.e. - I drank half the glass and my wife drank the other half). You may read a lot of people tell you that is cheating the system but I can tell you from talking to all the chefs we met that night that that is NOT cheating the system and they wished more people would share the pairing so as to enjoy the food. For us, the meals were $250.00 a person and the wine pairing was $150.00. That is $650.00 and we rounded the total to $800.00. So, that made our tip 23% and it was well worth that and even more!!!!

You may read a lot of people tell you that is cheating the system but I can tell you from talking to all the chefs we met that night that that is NOT cheating the system and they wished more people would share the pairing so as to enjoy the food.

Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Cheating the “system” makes me laugh. It is an offering not some system.

Now all I have to decide is 7 or 10! So excited to be going!! Oh yes and what to wear.

Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Cheating the “system” makes me laugh. It is an offering not some system.

Now all I have to decide is 7 or 10! So excited to be going!! Oh yes and what to wear.
Go for 10!!!

What to wear? ---- I wore slacks, button-down shirt, tie and a sport coat. If you ever decide to do the Chefs Table, the gentleman can then take the jacket off through out dinner but if you ever leave the Chefs Table area, the jacket has to be put back on. My wife wore skirt, button-down blouse, heels, and cardigan.

Here is the quote from Victoria & Albert's website:
Dress Code
Dinner jacket is required for men (tie optional) and dress or pants ensemble for women.

My husband and I are going to V&A for the first time in three weeks. We have debated the 7 vs 10 course since we made our reservation. We finally decided to go for the 10. The pictures online of the food look amazing - can’t wait.

My husband and I are going to V&A for the first time in three weeks. We have debated the 7 vs 10 course since we made our reservation. We finally decided to go for the 10. The pictures online of the food look amazing - can’t wait.
Enjoy yourself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter