Uzima springs pool

Minnie1222

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what is being done to the Uzima Springs pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge? I am hoping for a lazy river and a massive waterfall.

Just looked to me like pool bottom resurfacing / repainting and normal pool deck maintenance when we were there early Oct. Also the same to the Flamingo pond nearby. We watched workers repainting some of the rocks around the enclosure. Really fascinating how they paint concrete rocks with the different shades and tones - true art.

It really needed it. We were there in August and there were lots of patches missing paint or patched up. Some were even a little sharp.

It will hopefully be opening again soon. Rumblings on the AKL thread say that guests there now are hearing the update is nearing completion.

I second the hope that they go back to the original sea-green color. It fit the resort better, almost like you'd come across it while trekking through the wilds of Africa.

I second the hope that they go back to the original sea-green color. It fit the resort better, almost like you'd come across it while trekking through the wilds of Africa.

Someone posted a photo on one of the facebook groups showing the pool now filled with water, and unfortunately it's back to the same boring look like all of the other resorts.

Someone posted a photo on one of the facebook groups showing the pool now filled with water, and unfortunately it's back to the same boring look like all of the other resorts.
Wow! Does that mean it's done or near completion? We are staying at AKL this December and I was hoping it would re-open by then. I am going to call Disney right now:rockband:

Last edited:
Wow! Does that mean it's done or near completion? We are staying at AKL this December and I was hoping it would re-open by then. I am going to call Disney right now:rockband:

What did you find out???? We will be there December 1 - hopefully it will be open by then.

From what I've been reading, the cast members are still saying December 4th as the re-open date, even with the pool looking like it's ready to go. Maybe they have to say that no matter what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter