• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UY Question - in Final Year

I was hoping someone could answer this question for me, too. I just became a DVC member and I asked the resale agent this same question because I have a December UY and was concerned that I would have to use ALL my December 2041 points by January 31st, 20242. He told me that I would have full use and benefits of my points . Meaning they would not expire until November 30th, 2042 and I would still have the benefit of banking my points by July 31st, 2042 and that those banked points wouldn't expire until November 30th, 2043. Now I'm wondering if I've been misinformed or if I misunderstood the agent??? If anyone can shed some more light on this I would Greatly appreciated!
I would have full use and benefits of my points
Translates loosely to, "sure that will be disney's problem"

I personally, would call member administration on Monday and ask them to help you....

I was hoping someone could answer this question for me, too. I just became a DVC member and I asked the resale agent this same question because I have a December UY and was concerned that I would have to use ALL my December 2041 points by January 31st, 20242. He told me that I would have full use and benefits of my points . Meaning they would not expire until November 30th, 2042 and I would still have the benefit of banking my points by July 31st, 2042 and that those banked points wouldn't expire until November 30th, 2043. Now I'm wondering if I've been misinformed or if I misunderstood the agent??? If anyone can shed some more light on this I would Greatly appreciated!

Yes, you have been misinformed. No one knows what DVD will do at the end because no resort has yet expired.

But, the resort ends on January 31st, 2042. The rooms at your resort no longer belong to the association and therefore, nothing for you to use your points at.

There are lots of options that can and I am sure will be done by DVD.

Calling MS isn’t going help because they will simply be guessing.

The bottom line is that the POS is clear. Your ownership ends at resort expiration based on the current info we have.

Last edited:
Yes, you have been misinformed. No one knows what DVD will do at the end because no resort has yet expired.

But, the resort ends on January 31st, 2042. The rooms at your resort no longer belong to the association and therefore, nothing for you to use your points at.

There are lots of options that can and I am sure will be done by DVD.
I hate to hear this. Well, I guess I will have to wait to see what DVD decides to do as the time gets closer. Thanks!

if I've been misinformed or if I misunderstood the agent??? If anyone can shed some more light on this I would Greatly appreciated!
You've been misinformed.

Disney will own the property on Feb 1, 2042.

You should have asked a bus driver... ;)

I hate to hear this. Well, I guess I will have to wait to see what DVD decides to do as the time gets closer. Thanks!

I will add that I do think DVD will do something during those last few years.

One idea floated by poster here is that everyone will get their last points Feb 1st 2041 and have thst full year to use. I think that sounds extremely plausible!

Last edited:
I will add that I do think DVD will do something during those last few years.

One idea floated by poster here is that everyone will get their last points Feb 1st 2042 and have thst full year to use. I think that sounds extremely plausible!
Oh, that would b a good idea! It will be interesting to see how it all plays out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter