UY/Borrowing question

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
We are planning a Christmas trip for December 2019. I know this is a busy time of year, so I want to make sure I book (or attempt to book) correctly!

We have a September UY. We have some points left in the Sept 18 UY that I was planning to bank for use in the Sept 19 UY. If our trip falls in the Sept 19 UY, when I go to book the room will it use the Sept 19 UY points, even though I am booking during the Sept 18 UY? Do I need to borrow the Sept 19 points? Do I need to bank the Sept 18 points before I book? I want to make this as clean as possible and avoid losing points!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Points UY matters for the trip, not the booking day.

To use Sep 18 points for a Dec 19 trip (in your 2019 UY) you would need to bank those 18 points. You might as well bank now if you have no more 2018 plans.
Your 2019 points would be considered current..don’t borrow them.

As it is your trip (December 2019) falls into your 2019 UY (Sept 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020) you’ll want to first bank your 2018 UY points into your 2019 UY, so that those points are available for the reservation. When you book the December trip, it will first draw down your banked 2018 (banked) points before pulling from your 2019 points (current). If more points are needed, you will have the option to borrow your 2020 UY points into 2019 to complete the booking.

Points UY matters for the trip, not the booking day.

To use Sep 18 points for a Dec 19 trip (in your 2019 UY) you would need to bank those 18 points. You might as well bank now if you have no more 2018 plans.
Your 2019 points would be considered current..don’t borrow them.

As it is your trip (December 2019) falls into your 2019 UY (Sept 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020) you’ll want to first bank your 2018 UY points into your 2019 UY, so that those points are available for the reservation. When you book the December trip, it will first draw down your banked 2018 (banked) points before pulling from your 2019 points (current). If more points are needed, you will have the option to borrow your 2020 UY points into 2019 to complete the booking.
Thank you! This exactly what I needed to know (I'm new to DVC and still learning). I banked the 18 UY points and I'll be attempting to book in an hour... :surfweb:

If you are not sure, call DVC to make the reservation. The CM should be looking at your points and make the recommendation to bank the points and use them first before using the current use year points. If you need more, then they will ask to borrow the next use year points to complete the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter