UUUUGGGGG! Just Cancelled our September Aulani trip ;(

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
Hey Gang,
Due to the situation we are all dealing with/ and that Hawaii just extended their 14 day quarantine until September. This was going to be our 30th anniversary trip. Oh well better safe then sorry.....Please be safe!

Robin & Angel "D"

We have a Feb 2020 trip planned and right now I think my chances are 50/50. Things are not looking good

@Robin"D" UUUUGGGGG indeed!!!! Earlier this year we had to cancel our 25th anniversary trip to Aulani so I’m happy to commiserate with you! So sorry you had to pull the plug on such a special trip. First world problems and all, but I know it stinks! For healing purposes, I recommend you start drinking all beverages out of a pineapple ASAP. 😜

So sorry you had to cancel! Our 30th anniversary is in two days. Our original plan to celebrate was to do a 7-night cruise and then stay at Aulani. We were looking to go at the end of September. When I started making plans for the trip back in January, I kept feeling like this wasn't the year to go to Hawaii. Not sure why I felt that way, but every time I would sit down to plan, it just didn't feel right. Boy, am I glad I didn't book anything! We ended up deciding to buy our first annual pass and go back to WDW. Of course, we have cancelled that, but we still have our annual passes for whenever we make it back. We have decided to do the Hawaii trip for our 35th anniversary in 2025. I may be ready to fly by then!

I’m sorry you had to cancel, and hope you can get there when the travel restrictions go away.

In February this year we booked a vacation on Kauai with the idea that in August I would book a week in Aulani For afterwards. I don’t think that’s going to happen now.

Happy Anniversary, wherever you celebrate!

We booked our 2020 Hawai’i weeks in late December, and figure that’s unlikely. We had thought about summer for 2021, and pushed it to August thinking that later is probably better odds but even that is uncertain.

We feel your pain! We pushed our Thanksgiving (4 family) vacation until 2021.

I sympathize with you too! We were booked for this month - should have been on the Big Island right now after 3 days at the Marriott Ko Olina (and at least one meal at Aulani) - hoping for December 2021 now!

We're still trying to decide if our cancelled/rescheduled trip to WDW from last March will occur in October, December, February, March, June, or 2022. [sigh] :sad1:

We're still trying to decide if our cancelled/rescheduled trip to WDW from last March will occur in October, December, February, March, June, or 2022. [sigh] :sad1:
It is a tough decision....we debated for over a month/ our goal was August 1st/ but when Hawaii extended their dates to September/ that was it....we had to CXL/ or postpone our trip/ we will get there!!!

I sympathize with you too! We were booked for this month - should have been on the Big Island right now after 3 days at the Marriott Ko Olina (and at least one meal at Aulani) - hoping for December 2021 now!
I know this hurts/ it is disappointing/ and we can ask why/ BUT....we are healthy/ and we have each other.....hang in there!

Sorry to hear this.....but now you have something to look forward to?!?....trying to be positive !
That is true, our GC will be 5 next year that is a better age to take him to Disney he will understand more.

@Robin"D" UUUUGGGGG indeed!!!! Earlier this year we had to cancel our 25th anniversary trip to Aulani so I’m happy to commiserate with you! So sorry you had to pull the plug on such a special trip. First world problems and all, but I know it stinks! For healing purposes, I recommend you start drinking all beverages out of a pineapple ASAP. 😜
DONE & DONE!! ;)

Same! Ours started as a May Aulani trip that we had to reschedule to September and just cancelled on Friday. I’m sad. We are waiting to reschedule until we know more. The contract we used to book is an April use year so I’m not even sure at this point if we will travel before or after April 2021. Certainly not borrowing 2021 points until I know for certain it’s open.

Same! Ours started as a May Aulani trip that we had to reschedule to September and just cancelled on Friday. I’m sad. We are waiting to reschedule until we know more. The contract we used to book is an April use year so I’m not even sure at this point if we will travel before or after April 2021. Certainly not borrowing 2021 points until I know for certain it’s open.

I am sorry to hear this....the unknown is what this is all about/ if / but/ wish/ should....all sounds great but until the have a vaccine, I don't think Hawaii will open.

Hey Gang,
Due to the situation we are all dealing with/ and that Hawaii just extended their 14 day quarantine until September. This was going to be our 30th anniversary trip. Oh well better safe then sorry.....Please be safe!

Robin & Angel "D"
Sorry that you had to cancel! The last I read, probably about 3 weeks ago, wasn't Hawaii allowing IF the traveler used a Lab authorized by state of Hawaii for a Covid Test and the traveler could produce the results 3 days before arriving in Hawaii then they were not required to quarantine :confused3 ?? Every day it seems something is changing! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:love: in advance, hope that you get to go one day! We are hoping to return to beautiful Aulani for our 40th, 2023!

Sorry that you had to cancel! The last I read, probably about 3 weeks ago, wasn't Hawaii allowing IF the traveler used a Lab authorized by state of Hawaii for a Covid Test and the traveler could produce the results 3 days before arriving in Hawaii then they were not required to quarantine :confused3 ?? Every day it seems something is changing! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:love: in advance, hope that you get to go one day! We are hoping to return to beautiful Aulani for our 40th, 2023!
I had heard the measures that you described, and that made me more hopeful for our March trip. Now, I am less hopeful. DH wants to buy air for March, but I am not convinced. What to do???

Thank you for the wishes.....normal/ Normalcy.....sure hope it happened soon...Be safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter