USPS Tracking

I would respond. They should do their job and deliver your packages in a timely manner.

My inquiry moved three packages. They were processed through three sorting facilities and delivered within forty eight hours. Not bad. 👍 Now I only have one package that's been sitting for a week.
Believe me, they know they’re doing a terrible job. It’s not just my neighborhood — the entire area serviced by this particular post office, 35,000 residents, has been affected. Mail has been delivered once since Christmas Eve. Judging by the outrage on my Nextdoor newsfeed, they (and every supervisor up the chain) have been getting plenty of feedback. This USPS office has apparently been hit hard by Covid, so I can’t fault them too much. Although, it’s frustrating that when they do occasionally run routes to deliver mail, they seem to prioritize distribution of political flier junk mail over people’s packages, medicines, absentee ballots, etc. (I’m in Georgia.)

Got another one where the post office forgot the fastest route between two points is a straight line. I live north of Houston and the day after Christmas I ordered something from a vendor about 90 minutes away just east of Houston. Figured once it ships it would be here next day. Shipped on the 28th. It still hasn't arrived and went to track it to find out why. Well the post office near the vendor decided to send it to San Francisco where it has been making it's rounds through that post office hub until they finally decided to send it back the direction of Texas. Looks like it should possibly arrive in the next day or two. But talk about being inefficient.

Got another one where the post office forgot the fastest route between two points is a straight line. I live north of Houston and the day after Christmas I ordered something from a vendor about 90 minutes away just east of Houston. Figured once it ships it would be here next day. Shipped on the 28th. It still hasn't arrived and went to track it to find out why. Well the post office near the vendor decided to send it to San Francisco where it has been making it's rounds through that post office hub until they finally decided to send it back the direction of Texas. Looks like it should possibly arrive in the next day or two. But talk about being inefficient.

Been there, done that too many times over the last few weeks. Still missing 2 pkgs. One says it's been sitting in Baltimore since 12/26, I am like 1 hour and 45 min away from Baltimore. So why is it taking so long to get here? The other still hasn't made it to FL, despite having 2 different post office postmasters searching for it.

The mid-century pendants I shipped on the 9th finally made it to Georgia on New Year's Eve, fortunately safe and sound!

I have a recurring coffee order. The most recent shipment went out from Denver on 12/15. On 12/22 it arrived in Las Vegas. The last tracking entry is from 12/26 which simply says in transit to next facility. Total time 3 weeks. Last known location 2 weeks ago was further away from final destination than the origin. Last update was 10 days ago and essentially conveyed nothing.

All of my outstanding shipments have reached their destination now. Everything I have shipped since Christmas has flowed through the system normally.

Been there, done that too many times over the last few weeks. Still missing 2 pkgs. One says it's been sitting in Baltimore since 12/26, I am like 1 hour and 45 min away from Baltimore. So why is it taking so long to get here? The other still hasn't made it to FL, despite having 2 different post office postmasters searching for it.

I have something ordered in early December, dropped off for shipping on 12/09, tracked on 12/12 to a USPS in Maryland, and has since taken up residence in Baltimore, MD facility since 12/16! It is a personalized Christmas ornament so not that expensive, I just hope it finally gets here. They say patience is a virtue, trying to practice it.

I have something ordered in early December, dropped off for shipping on 12/09, tracked on 12/12 to a USPS in Maryland, and has since taken up residence in Baltimore, MD facility since 12/16! It is a personalized Christmas ornament so not that expensive, I just hope it finally gets here. They say patience is a virtue, trying to practice it.

The pkg that an ebay seller mailed me on Dec 8, from MI to MD,,was actually handed to me today by our mail carrier,,along with a sweater I ordered that was shipped on Dec 29. Tracking on the one coming from MD, shows that it also sat at the Baltimore Distribution Center since Dec 29. My guess is they still have full trucks backed up there, and are working through them as quickly as they can. The one going to FL still hasn't made it there though. last tracking says it was in Baltimore on Dec 16.,,maybe my friend will get it in time to use the things in it NEXT Christmas :(

The pkg that an ebay seller mailed me on Dec 8, from MI to MD,,was actually handed to me today by our mail carrier,,along with a sweater I ordered that was shipped on Dec 29. Tracking on the one coming from MD, shows that it also sat at the Baltimore Distribution Center since Dec 29. My guess is they still have full trucks backed up there, and are working through them as quickly as they can. The one going to FL still hasn't made it there though. last tracking says it was in Baltimore on Dec 16.,,maybe my friend will get it in time to use the things in it NEXT Christmas :(

My mom in Baltimore has 5 outgoing eBay items and none of them have showed movement outside of the area since mid-December either. One of them is going to somewhere in Japan too, I think that lady will be waiting quite a while. They'll make it eventually...

Haven't been through the whole thread, but if you have a missing package and haven't yet, please go through the missing package process. https://www.usps.com/help/missing-m...he,... 3 Submit a Missing Mail Search Request I had a couple whose tracking went silent, so I filled out the help request online. Within an hour, my local post master had called me and she was able to locate the package & have it delivered within 2 days. That was after almost 2 weeks of no movement.

Haven't been through the whole thread, but if you have a missing package and haven't yet, please go through the missing package process. https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm#:~:text=How to Start Your Search 1 Check the,... 3 Submit a Missing Mail Search Request I had a couple whose tracking went silent, so I filled out the help request online. Within an hour, my local post master had called me and she was able to locate the package & have it delivered within 2 days. That was after almost 2 weeks of no movement.

I wish it worked for me like that. I used that link, had the postmaster in Englewood FL email me 2 days later. A week later she called me, and said there was still no sign of the pkg,,and she did some kind of mail recovery request. She said I would get a call within a few days,,but of course that hasn't happened, and the missing pkg hasn't been delivered yet. That pkg has had no movement for almost a month now :(

Finally an update on the missing FL pkg. It has finally made it to the state of FL..after 33 days.,,sent Priority Mail, obviously not a priority to the USPS. It arrived in Sarasota FL at 1:30 this morning, and left Sarasota at 4:35. It might actually make it to the recipient in Englewood this week. I am so disappointed, as it was a gift, but at least it is finally making its way there. There was no tracking info from Dec 12 until Dec 16, and then none until this morning!~ WOW!

Today I got my sister's Christmas gift which shipped on 12/9 and had not been tracked since 12/15! There is still hope for all those packages out there!

Bringing back this old thread because I’ve had my first case of a very ridiculous FedEx shipment. Not USPS, but equally silly.

This FedEx shipment is supposed to go from Sacramento, CA to near San Francisco, CA. Just about 60 miles.
Instead, it has taken a detour scenic route by going to San Diego —> New Mexico —> Indiana —> Maryland and now in Florida. Still pending to be delivered in a week.
When I called Fedex, the CS told me that they have a lot of routes that packages can take between two points, and not to worry.

Sounds like what happened to my luggage one time. It went to Salt Lake City instead of San Diego. Went to the Baggage Claim office and they said it would be there the next day. Went back down to San Diego and it had arrived in San Diego, but was sent back to Salt Lake City. It had actually come in to San Diego about an hour or so after we left San Diego. We would have gone and gotten it then if we had been notified. The guy I talked to said he couldn't believe it had been returned to Salt Lake City. He saw it when he arrived the next morning and then it was gone.

Finally an update on the missing FL pkg. It has finally made it to the state of FL..after 33 days.,,sent Priority Mail, obviously not a priority to the USPS. It arrived in Sarasota FL at 1:30 this morning, and left Sarasota at 4:35. It might actually make it to the recipient in Englewood this week. I am so disappointed, as it was a gift, but at least it is finally making its way there. There was no tracking info from Dec 12 until Dec 16, and then none until this morning!~ WOW!
So sorry this happened to you. My husband ordered something from New Zealand and it was coming DHL. It sat in LA for what seemed forever to him. It moved to a distribution center and then nothing. It showed up a couple weeks later, but still no updates on DHL. I kept telling him that it could take up to 4 weeks, especially with DHL.
For some reason some distribution centers of the USPS aren't doing the proper scanning and that is where things get lost. Packages that are Priority Mail and Express Priority Mail are supposed to be scanned at every distribution center they go through. Employees get lax and don't do what they are supposed to.
The only problem I have ever had was with UPS. They delivered some printer ink to who knows where because the address was written incorrectly and so they delivered it (possibly to an apartment complex down the street) to someone with our last name. I have received books from Australia in about 3 weeks time and most state that it could take up to 4 to 5 weeks delivery time.
My mom and I always said that things going west seemed to move faster than anything going east. I just sent a priority mail package to someone in CA and they had it in two days. (I'm in FL)
For situations like this, you really have to keep on them and then follow up with feedback explaining everything that occurred. That is the only way to get problems solved.

I wanted to resurrect my old thread to mention a recent and ongoing issue with USPS. I recently bought an item on eBay, and tracking shows that it was delivered in my mailbox yesterday morning. There was no package in the mailbox, but I decided to wait until today to see if it was delivered. There was still no package this morning. I called the number for the local post office (not the easiest number to find, but eventually found it on Google.) They got the tracking number and checked their GPS tracking. They said it appears that the package made it into my neighborhood yesterday but was delivered to an incorrect address. They are contacting the carrier, and they are going to try to recover the item and deliver it. Just a heads up that if you are having an issue with tracking, it may be beneficial to contact your local post office. Now we'll see if I eventually get the item!

We have had a couple of issues since we moved into this house 2 years ago. Many of the streets in the neighborhood have similar names, and sometimes mail gets misdelivered to a similar address number on a different street.

Last edited:
I wanted to resurrect my old thread to mention a recent and ongoing issue with USPS. I recently bought an item on eBay, and tracking shows that it was delivered in my mailbox yesterday morning. There was no package in the mailbox, but I decided to wait until today to see if it was delivered. There was still no package this morning. I called the number for the local post office (not the easiest number to find, but eventually found it on Google.) They got the tracking number and checked their GPS tracking. They said it appears that the package made it into my neighborhood yesterday but was delivered to an incorrect address. They are contacting the carrier, and they are going to try to recover the item and deliver it. Just a heads up that if you are having an issue with tracking, it may be beneficial to contact your local post office. Now we'll see if I eventually get the item!

We have had a couple of issues since we moved into this house 2 years ago. Many of the streets in the neighborhood have similar names, and sometimes mail gets misdelivered to a similar address number on a different street.
this is uncanny timing. I have 3 items that were in my informed delivery today, one of which was a gift card, and they did not get delivered. My neighbors don't have them either. The other items in informed delivery did get delivered. It's never ending with our post office.

Post office issues here myself. Ordered a shirt off etsy last week, seller brought it to the post office 10/20. All weekend I checked for an update and it kept reading shipment received pending acceptance. Confirmed with the seller they sent it. Wasn't accepted by USPS until 10/24. Still in transit today, and of course I need the shirt for tomorrow. Clearly I didn't give enough time when I ordered but in my defense I ordered another one the week before and it came in 2 days, only coming about 250 miles so I took a chance.

Not a delivery story but I got a package slip in my mailbox last week to go to the post office for a package. Walked in a saw a sign that said "ring bell for packages" except there was no bell. Anywhere. Not even a hole in the wall where a bell may have once been. Knocked and of course no answer. Went to the counter and asked where the bell was, clerk says oh there's no bell we don't have the staff for that. 🤔 how about taking the sign down 🙄.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter