Using the NHS Covid pass in DLP

zinderella

DIS Veteran
Hi folks it would be great to hear from people who have recently visited and used the NHS App Covid Pass in the resort.

I am just trying to start getting ready for our Feb trip, and went to check exactly how the pass works on my phone and to check that my booster jab would show up (for various reasons i was concerned it hadn't been registered). I did not realise that I had an extra step to take, and am so glad I didnt leave this until the last minute..... if you are wanting to use the pass outside of the UK you have to do an extra identity verification step, that can take up to 24hours to verify. I had no idea this was a thing! I've only ever used the pass in the UK to go to the theatre (Hamilton -amazing!!). Right now am awaiting verification...

So this got me thinking, is there anything else I should be aware of? Will I need a data connection while in DLP or should the wifi suffice? Or can I use the pass offline once it's been generated?

Once you've generated your certificate in the NHS app, it should be available even if you don't have data or a Wi-Fi connection I believe. However if you're on an Apple device then you can also save the QR code to your Wallet app so you don't even have to log in to the NHS app which makes it even easier (I'm sure that Android phones have something similar, but I don't have one of those so I can't say).

Having said all that, you may be better off downloading the French TousAntiCovid app anyway - you can import your NHS QR codes into this app quite easily and the cast members are much more used to this app than ones from other countries, so we found it quicker to get through the scan with this app when we were there in October. We found that TAC only produced one QR code which covered both vaccinations (this was before boosters were a thing), while if you used a different app they would want to scan codes for both jabs. Whether that's still the case 4 months later I can't say though.

THANK YOU!! Steve_Rob excellent advice. Will do the French version as by then i will have 2 to 3 QR codes to scan per person.

Hi folks it would be great to hear from people who have recently visited and used the NHS App Covid Pass in the resort.

I am just trying to start getting ready for our Feb trip, and went to check exactly how the pass works on my phone and to check that my booster jab would show up (for various reasons i was concerned it hadn't been registered). I did not realise that I had an extra step to take, and am so glad I didnt leave this until the last minute..... if you are wanting to use the pass outside of the UK you have to do an extra identity verification step, that can take up to 24hours to verify. I had no idea this was a thing! I've only ever used the pass in the UK to go to the theatre (Hamilton -amazing!!). Right now am awaiting verification...

So this got me thinking, is there anything else I should be aware of? Will I need a data connection while in DLP or should the wifi suffice? Or can I use the pass offline once it's been generated?
Can I ask what the extra validation type I as I just thought you went on the NHS App, choose nhs covid pass - travel - qr codes?

Can I ask what the extra validation type I as I just thought you went on the NHS App, choose nhs covid pass - travel - qr codes?

That is all I did too and got the QR code. No good for me yet as not going on holiday until May, so too early

Hmmm when I used the nhs app I had choice between domestic and travel when i went to the covid pass section. I chose travel, then had to provide photo of ID, passport or drivers licence, then verify my face in my camera. May be they know I'm a troublemaker lol!!!
Or maybe be you guys did that step when you first set up the app?

Hmmm when I used the nhs app I had choice between domestic and travel when i went to the covid pass section. I chose travel, then had to provide photo of ID, passport or drivers licence, then verify my face in my camera. May be they know I'm a troublemaker lol!!!
Or maybe be you guys did that step when you first set up the app?

Yes, I had to do all those to set up the app. It didn't let me defer it as needed it for UK covid pass

When I was there it was pre-booster so I only had two QR codes but they did want to scan both, so I have to assume they’d want all three now.

As I mentioned above the French Tous-Anti-Covid app (which can be set to display in English) should import in your NHS QR codes and just return one all-encompassing code, so that might be quicker (assuming it works the same way it did for me back in October)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter