Using Taxis?

JRoglitz

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of using a taxi from WL to the Boardwalk and maybe Downtown Disney. Sometimes the buses are really crowded and seem like they take forever and we will have our 3 year old with us. Has anyone done this before? Are there always taxis at the hotels and what is the average cost? Thanks!

We stayed at BWI this year and used a taxi to get to GF. It cost about $13 with tip. There are always taxis at BWI, if not in the driveway then down below. When you need one just stop by the desk in the BWI lobby and they will call you one. We found this to be much quicker when we needed to go resort to resort. And our longest bus trip was the return from DD to BWI so I think you have the right idea!:)

Hi neighbor! Not far from Salisbury.

We used a taxi to get from Beach Club to Poly to see Luau (since we were running late about 5 years ago) and it only took 5 minutes for a taxi to arrive. I believe that sometimes there are taxis available at resorts.

The cost back then was around $25 - $30. We arrived at the Poly in about 10 minutes. I'm sure the cost has gone up since then. It was much faster then getting a bus to Ticket Center then getting a bus to Poly.

Have a great trip!!:D

I'm going to movet his to the transportation board for you.

Katholyn

JRoglitz

I Guess you are ariving by plane? Did you look into renting a car for your time down in Orlando.
You could get a rental car for a week cheap in Orlando. If you add up the cost of your transportation to and from the airport and taxi trips it might even out or cost a little more but you have the freedom of coming and going as you wish.

Just somthing else you might want to investigate.

We've taken taxis 4-5 times and I think the most we've paid was $18 (incl tip) (but that w a couple years ago) At any resort you can ask the bellhop and they'll have one there in a couple minutes. In one particular year, the busses were horrible and we instituted the 15 minute rule. If a bus didn't arrive in 15 minutes we'd take a cab (this resulted in two cab rides) the cabs were always there before the bus arrived. We were at DXL though. WL might be little more remote. IMO, it's the ONLY way to go if you're going resort to resort. The other times we used them were at night BW to DXL and POLY (Nverland Club) to DXL. Since that first trip we ALWAYS rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter