using MDE to get back to the airport

rsjj

DIS Veteran
how does riding the DME work if you are at the treehouse at saratoga? i read that they have their own bus within the treehouse area...

i need to take the DME back to the airport on the day we check out, so i can rent a car to go elsewhere. do they come pick us up? or do i take my luggage and go to a designated DME (airport bound) bus waiting area?

tia! :flower:

There is only 1 pickup stop for DME at each resort including SSR. It drops off and picks up at the carriage house (main building where lobby and bell services is located). If you need help with your luggage you can call bell services to come and assist you. They drive golf carts that have luggage storage in the back and will take you (and your luggage) to or pick you up from your room.

Thank you! Do you happen to know where the DME area is for kidani? I understand that's another resort where there's a "main" part (animal kingdom..or jambo house?) and kidani is "another" part of the resort...

how does riding the DME work if you are at the treehouse at saratoga? i read that they have their own bus within the treehouse area...

i need to take the DME back to the airport on the day we check out, so i can rent a car to go elsewhere. do they come pick us up? or do i take my luggage and go to a designated DME (airport bound) bus waiting area?

Can you rent a car from an agency at WDW?

:earsboy: Bill

There are car rental locations on property, near MK, at Swan/Dolphin, and Disney Springs area, if you just need to rent a car so you don't have to travel to MCO just for that.

Thank you! Do you happen to know where the DME area is for kidani? I understand that's another resort where there's a "main" part (animal kingdom..or jambo house?) and kidani is "another" part of the resort...
I've never stayed at Kidani but I assume they drop off at Kidani outside of the lobby in addition to Jambo House. It is a huge separate building from Jambo House with its own lobby, restaurant, feature pool, etc.
SSR only has one lobby/main area so it is a different type of resort (spread out condo type buildings vs two centralized hotels)
However as others have pointed out if you are only traveling to MCO to rent a car it may be quicker and easier to rent one from one of the on property locations.

Kidani Village & Jambo House each have their own DME pickup location which is in front of the main lobby.

Kidani Village & Jambo House each have their own DME pickup location which is in front of the main lobby.

thank you!

thank you everyone, for your responses. unfortunately, renting from the car care center isn't an option for us...b/c it's quite more in terms of price. believe me, if it was comparable...i would've done it!

one other thing...how long does DME usually take to get to the airport? so i can time ourselves, to leave at a time where there's ample time...so we're not as stressed! again, thank you for taking the time! :flower:

one other thing...how long does DME usually take to get to the airport? so i can time ourselves, to leave at a time where there's ample time...so we're not as stressed! again, thank you for taking the time! :flower:
They will assign you a time which will be based on the time your flight is scheduled to depart from MCO. They will hang your outbound DME information on your door the day before you leave.

They will assign you a time which will be based on the time your flight is scheduled to depart from MCO. They will hang your outbound DME information on your door the day before you leave.

This poster isn't taking a flight - s/he's renting a car at MCO. The bus ride takes about 40 minutes, give or take a few depending on how many other resorts are picked up after you.

I did this and found I 'had' to give them a flight number to book onto the DME. I just googled departures and picked one 2 hours after i had to be there. Bus driver was kind of surprised when me and the father-in-law got on without any luggage. We told him we travelled light!

Staying at OKW. After here heading to Vero Beach. I called DME and explained I was meeting my husband at the airport after my OKW trip and then heading to the beach. They asked me what time would you like to arrive at th airport? I did not have to "pretend" I was taking a flight. They were very accommodating. Received my ME today and under flight# there is an asterisk and then a time.

Staying at OKW. After here heading to Vero Beach. I called DME and explained I was meeting my husband at the airport after my OKW trip and then heading to the beach. They asked me what time would you like to arrive at th airport? I did not have to "pretend" I was taking a flight. They were very accommodating. Received my ME today and under flight# there is an asterisk and then a time.
Interesting, when I tried they said I had to have a flight number. Looked on here and others reported the same. I wonder if it is a change of policy or perhaps a more helpful CM?

When I was there Oct '16 (hurricane). My flight was cancelled, we had to book a cash reservation in Disney Springs area (out of points). The wonderful, friendly DME would not return us to the airport, they left us high and dry to fend for ourselves. I tried to argue roundtrip, weather, act of God but they did not want to hear it.

Interesting, when I tried they said I had to have a flight number. Looked on here and others reported the same. I wonder if it is a change of policy or perhaps a more helpful CM?

Was that MS or DME who you talked to. I have found that DME is much easier to deal with.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter