Using Leftover Kids Table Service Credits

MegMouseketeer

Mouseketeer
DDP question. My family of 4 is going to WDW in October. We are planning to eat at the Yachtsman on night. While we are eating, we are going to send our two kids to the Captain Hook's Pirate Crew (where they will do fun stuff and be fed dinner as part of the package). Can we use the table service credits from the Yachtsman that my kids will not use (which x2 each would be 4) to get a meal for all of us somewhere like Via Napoli? I heard that the credits are just pooled and not assigned as far as kid/adult. Is that possible so they do not go to waste? Also, we are going to be on the regular Disney Dining Plan (not QS or Deluxe).

yes they are pooled and can be used any way you wish. if you dont use for dining, you can also use as snack credits.

DDP question. My family of 4 is going to WDW in October. We are planning to eat at the Yachtsman on night. While we are eating, we are going to send our two kids to the Captain Hook's Pirate Crew (where they will do fun stuff and be fed dinner as part of the package). Can we use the table service credits from the Yachtsman that my kids will not use (which x2 each would be 4) to get a meal for all of us somewhere like Via Napoli? I heard that the credits are just pooled and not assigned as far as kid/adult. Is that possible so they do not go to waste? Also, we are going to be on the regular Disney Dining Plan (not QS or Deluxe).

On the regular DDP the TS credits are separated into Kid and Adult credits. Only the counter service credits are pooled.

yes they are pooled and can be used any way you wish. if you dont use for dining, you can also use as snack credits.

They are only pooled on the Deluxe plan, and OP mentioned they were on the regular DDP. On the regular plan they are assigned per the ticket types (adult vs child) and also by meal type (each person gets 1TS, 1QS and 2 snacks per day).

OP - you do not get 2 TS meal credits per day per person if you are on the regular dining plan - double check the plan you have and confirm it's regular DDP vs Deluxe plan, so that you aren't planning to have more credits for TS than you actually have.

Since it appears your not on the deluxe plan, you may also want to note that Yachtsman is a 2 point meal.

They are only pooled on the Deluxe plan, and OP mentioned they were on the regular DDP. On the regular plan they are assigned per the ticket types (adult vs child) and also by meal type (each person gets 1TS, 1QS and 2 snacks per day).

OP - you do not get 2 TS meal credits per day per person if you are on the regular dining plan - double check the plan you have and confirm it's regular DDP vs Deluxe plan, so that you aren't planning to have more credits for TS than you actually have.

I think OP is referring to the fact that Yachtsman is a 2 credit meal, so, if the kids do not go, they will have 2 credits X 2 kids leftover = 4 kids' TS credits.

OP, you will not be able to use kids TS credits to pay for adult TS meals on the regular DDP. Not the best value, but you can use those kids TS credits for adult QS meals. You may also want to do the math to see if the DDP is the best value for you given this situation.

I think OP is referring to the fact that Yachtsman is a 2 credit meal, so, if the kids do not go, they will have 2 credits X 2 kids leftover = 4 kids' TS credits.

I was reading it to mean that the kids will be on the pirate adventure that night and won't use their meal credits that evening only. Either way the OP definitely needs to double check to ensure they know what credits they actually have to work with! It would stink to have reservations made only to realize that some of the credits were QS and not TS!

I have it all mapped out and know that Yachtsman is 2 TS Credits on our plan. I was just trying to formulate a way to use those credits. Ultimately, I think I can use them in an effective way. The dining plan cost for kids 3-9 is not much per day anyway. However, I just wanted to double check about using the kids credits for an adult meal at a Table service. Now I know the answer is no (thanks)! That was the part I was unclear about!

i would suggest using them for a QS meal. That way you can use them as adult credits.

You can redeem the TS credit for counter service or snack credits at some locations (not sure how many snacks you get for child credits though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter