Using FP+ kiosks questions

artemis4

Mouseketeer
Our upcoming trip will be our first since FP+ was out of testing. Since we are going during a slower time, I know that we will be able to get a 4th FP+ for some attractions.

I am the only family member with an MDE account. I control the accounts of six other people in our group. I know that I can go up to a kiosk, scan my band and make FP+ for anyone in the group. My questions:

1. I assume that my husband or any of the kids could scan his/her band and make a FP+ for him/herself. Correct? I hope the teens will be able to do their own while off on their own.
2. Could dh or one of the kids scan his/her band and make reservations for himself and others in the group? It would be most convenient for one step of our touring plan to have DH go to the kiosk and look for a 4th FP while I am riding ride he won't do.

Good luck getting past the kiosk guards. The hovered over the machines and wouldn't let me try on my own. Plus I found that some of kiosk guards don't know how to use the machines very well. They give bad advice.

My party of 9 never successfully added a fourth FP because our third one usually expired too late in the day to add one. The few times we tried we were able to get Nemo at Epcot, muppet show at dhs, and silly things at MK. Honestly, if you are going at a slow time - you may not need them.

1- yes. Anyone can scan their band and make a new FP for them self

2- you can scan one band and make reservations for everyone if you have the family/friends sharing ability enabled within MDE.

Like I can make FP's for all 10 or so people on my MDE. I scan my band at a kiosk and it brings up all the names of everyone with me at the park. You then select all or select individual people, then choose a FP, then an available time.

It's much like doing it on the computer. It's a very easy and simply laid out thing to do.

I think you will find the kiosks to work exactly how you are hoping they will.

I think you will find the kiosks to work exactly how you are hoping they will.

Do you mean that they are functioning as the ride distribution regulator they were intended to be? ;)

Good luck getting past the kiosk guards. The hovered over the machines and wouldn't let me try on my own. Plus I found that some of kiosk guards don't know how to use the machines very well. They give bad advice.

My party of 9 never successfully added a fourth FP because our third one usually expired too late in the day to add one. The few times we tried we were able to get Nemo at Epcot, muppet show at dhs, and silly things at MK. Honestly, if you are going at a slow time - you may not need them.

As an FYI, there is an unmanned kiosk in City Hall in the MK. It's just to the right as you enter.

The biggest problem with the kiosks are the people who don't have a flipping clue what they are doing. The CM's probably assume everyone falls into this category.

The best advice I have is just to walk up and get FP for whatever and any time and then just change them on the app.

As an FYI, there is an unmanned kiosk in City Hall in the MK. It's just to the right as you enter.

I did notice these machines when I went in to write positive referrals for cast members, but alas it had a guard too. I think the Heritage House location looked promising near the Hall of Presidents, but princess Tianna was in there for a meet and greet. It was a little crowded.

The biggest problem with the kiosks are the people who don't have a flipping clue what they are doing. The CM's probably assume everyone falls into this category.

The best advice I have is just to walk up and get FP for whatever and any time and then just change them on the app.
CM's usually seemed relieved when I said I just wanted a 4th FP+

Thanks for this reminder. I will remember this in October.

I did notice these machines when I went in to write positive referrals for cast members, but alas it had a guard too. I think the Heritage House location looked promising near the Hall of Presidents, but princess Tianna was in there for a meet and greet. It was a little crowded.

Well that stinks. It was unmanned the day we were there. And that was really helpful. It's so much easier to work with 2 separate sets of bands without all that "help". ;)

If I can get the 4th fast pass at the kiosk at one park are you able to use MDE to change to another park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter