Using ECV at Yacht or Beach club?

LisaRay

DIS Veteran
I've never stayed at either of these resorts but I am thinking of doing it for an upcoming stay and will have an ECV that I'm renting. I am wondering if it matters which hotel I book based on busing, or space in the room or anything else I'm not thinking of with the scooter?

They typically share buses, so I think Yacht Club is always first.

Rooms are more or less the same size. You might want to find the dedicated thread on the Resorts forum for specific information - but given that an ECV fits in a Value (260 sq.ft.), room size should not be an issue.

We stayed at Beach with DH on EVC (knee replacement) and Yacht I had EVC (sprained ankle) both resorts were great. As an added bonus one night it was pouring rain, with limited counter service (the biggest weakness of the Yacht/Beach imo) I got on my EVC with rain poncho and zipped over to the Boardwalk Pizza window!

I'd pick the Beach Club - it's closer to the International Gateway, and the path to HS. The boat dock there is in the middle of the two resorts. If being first on the buses is an issue, you can always go over to the Yacht Club bus stop.

As folks answered this question on the YC/BC thread when you asked, the bus goes to the YC first. You may want to” scoot” there in the morning. Otherwise, as stated there, except for theme, they are virtually the same

Yes I did ask this on the YV/BC thread but then I thought I may get more replies here since there are probably more EVC users over here.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I suppose it depends on which park you plan to spend the most time in. BC-AK is the only time when I had to wait because the bus was already full of its allotted ECVs (actually I waited through 3 buses), so for that (AK) I'd recommend the YC. However, the BC is so close to Epcot, a quick scoot over there in the morning for a breakfast pastry at France, so if you're spending most of your time in Epcot, I'd recommend BC.

We like to stay at BC and usually request ground floor to avoid elevators (I have 2 family members that use ECV’s. Both fit in the room, leaving enough room to walk. Added bonus, there were outlets in the tv stand for easy charging. CE718410-0155-4855-8F44-8F4F77ED54C8.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter