Using DVC Point Manager Program

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I have been using the DVC Point Manager program and love it. My hat is off to it's creator. One question/problem I have is in trying to edit a line after it has been typed and saved. The edit feature does not seem to work for me.

My computer/hard drive has crashed several times and I have had to re-enter everything. Each time I have noticed typos when I was done and tried to fix, I needed to re-enter that particular line. If it was the first one entered, it then thru the events out of sequence, which I don't like either, so I retype the whole section.

Just wondering if Edit works for anyone else? or what I might be doing wrong.

So do I have to retype a whole line or if there is a misspelled word can I click and change that one word. Am trying to change one word and that is not working for me. Not sure if that is how it works or not... Thanks for the help.

You should be able to click on the line that you want to change, retype what you need to change, click on the change button, click on the save and exit button.

That should work.

Well. when I highlight the line it highlights the whole line and does not let me type anything. I also tried highlight the line with the error and typing the correction in the field that had the error and then clicking Change and still no luck. Downloaded twice already. Guess I will stick with changing the whole line when there is a problem. Guess I just need to sharpen up the typing skills. :)

wuzfuz, the link is posted above. It is a great tool to help you in determining how many points it takes to stay at a specific DVC resort at a particular time of year. Also helps you keep track of your banking and borrowing and how many points left in each Use Year. I have enjoyed using it a lot.

I just noticed that in the Bank/Borrow section, when I highlight it it moves the info down into the fields where you originally entered your dates, etc. On the Vacation Details it does not. Is that why I cannot change that area?

Right, after highlighting the line you wish to change or correct, you have to re-type the whole line down below where you originally typed it, NOT up above where the information is stored. That is the way mine works too.

This is the best program I have seen for managing DVC points. I guess we will have to all help out the author type up a 2002 DC schedule in order to continue this program on.... Any volunteers out there !?

You don't have to retype the whole line. just change the part you want to change in the original "box" down below, hit change and the appropriate part will change in the area up above...

Kudos (and if I continue to use it as much as I think I may maybe a few bucks) to the author of this very helpful program!

Paul

Hello RweTHEREyet, sorry I'm late giving a response to this thread, but we just got back from WDW about an hour ago! But DVCDave is an excellent fill-in for me. He is as knowledgeable about the program (if not more so) than I.

If you're still having problems with the program, you can email me at DMFredrick@excite.com and I can give you some personal attention as to how to get around the problem your having (or else I can fix the program if there's a bug in it!!!!)

Okay, I'm going to try this but I believe I already know the answer. Is there a MAC version of the DVC Points manager?

I'm holding my breath.

Um. Uh..... Well....

Sorry, no. Since I don't have a Mac it makes it kinda hard to write the program for it. I am looking for volunteers to send me a Mac though! :D

Welcome Back SJCSUZY !, Hope you had a good time in WDW.

I am a little busy right now, but we will be pulling our boat from the water in late October for the winter, so I will have my weekends free again. I can then give you a hand on the 2002 Disney Resorts and Hotel point schedule if you need it. The new changes will require a whole new schedule, not just modifying the old.

As mentioned above, I can make changes in the Banking/Borrowing area, but in the area where you enter Vacation Dates, after highlighting, the information does not re-appear in the "entry" line so that you can change it. What am I still doing wrong?

Something is seriously wrong. As soon as I select (highlight) an entry in the vacation area, it appears in the entry line. At this point I don't know what to tell you. My last option would be to uninstall the program using an uninstall software program, delete the directory, and reinstall it. However, you will loss your data. There must be a corupt or damaged file somewhere.

I'll be glad to take you up on your offer DVCDave!

We haven't received our point charts yet, but it sounds like they should be coming pretty soon! Let me know when you're ready and we'll split up the work! We should be able to get it knocked out pretty quickly.

Good, You can download the point chart on the DVC member site. I understand, they need to correct it as there were a few errors, so let's give them a week or so to get that done. This weekend we are going boating for the Holiday, then maybe I can look at dividing it up by next weekend. I'll email you with the division, with my thoughts, or you to me if you do it first.

I downloaded this program but then couldn't open it. I guess because I don't have a zip file. Is this right? Sounds like I'm going to have to get one.

Gina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter