Using AirMiles to rent an Avis car

Starwind

DIS Veteran
We usually rent vehicles from National (and have status with them) or Enterprise, however for our DCL Alaska cruise this summer we are thinking of using up some of our AirMiles to rent an Avis vehicle for some of our pre-cruise days as well as for one day here at home to get us to the airport. We would probably be looking at an Intermediate SUV.

Anyone have experience with using AirMiles for Avis ? Or Avis in general ?

(we're trying to figure out ways to use our AirMiles, as we have a bunch that are all "Dream" miles)

FWIW, we're looking at about 1600 AM/d for the rental vs CAD$250/d if we were to pay cash through either Avis or National.

We won't consider Budget because I have read too many horror stories about them in the media.

Thanks !

I can't really speak to the value, but remember, if you use your credit card to cover CDW, it won't work or provide any coverage when you pay for the rental (or part of the rental) with something other than the credit card. So you would be relying on your personal auto insurance or have to buy CDW coverage through the rental agency.

I can't really speak to the value, but remember, if you use your credit card to cover CDW, it won't work or provide any coverage when you pay for the rental (or part of the rental) with something other than the credit card. So you would be relying on your personal auto insurance or have to buy CDW coverage through the rental agency.

Thanks for the reminder. We plan to purchase the LDW from the rental company. I called AVIS yesterday and their LDW has a $500 deductible for SUV ($1000 for minivans!) though for an additional $12/d the deductible is $0. I much prefer National's $0 deductible, especially since the LWD is the same cost BEFORE the extra $12 !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter