• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using a walker?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
Is it ok to use a walker at Disneyworld and go through the lines? How does that work? Recently had surgery and need to sit from time to time and wanted to use a walker at the parks.

Yes I have used a walker and taken it through most lines without problem. A very few you cannot go all through the line or take an alternate entrance - spaceship earth at Epcot being one. If there are stairs they direct you around them. You leave the walker at the point of getting on the ride and they have it ready for you where you get off. Just ask any cast members at the ride if you have questions.

Is it ok to use a walker at Disneyworld and go through the lines? How does that work? Recently had surgery and need to sit from time to time and wanted to use a walker at the parks.
not sure what your surgery was but having trouble walking at times I have found a cane helps me on and off rides esp the ones with a moving ramp. not saying to not use walker but to use cane in addition to walker. the one ride I would be worried abour your walker getting to you after ride would be Pirates as load and unload are not close. know I have had to switch to wheelchair from ECV and they had chairs there to use just for that ride. plan on asking CM at beginning of ride as to what you should use there. in fact I would as at most rides to see what they want you to do. CNs are there to answer questions like this bet you are not the only one to ask that

not sure what your surgery was but having trouble walking at times I have found a cane helps me on and off rides esp the ones with a moving ramp. not saying to not use walker but to use cane in addition to walker. the one ride I would be worried abour your walker getting to you after ride would be Pirates as load and unload are not close. know I have had to switch to wheelchair from ECV and they had chairs there to use just for that ride. plan on asking CM at beginning of ride as to what you should use there. in fact I would as at most rides to see what they want you to do. CNs are there to answer questions like this bet you are not the only one to ask that

Good advise about the cane. As for Pirates they did let me use the walker and they did move it to the unload area. They didn’t ask me to use a wheelchair. I suppose I would have used it if they wanted me to but my lack of depth perception makes it more difficult than a walker. Just would have to be very careful not to hit people with it. Or make my daughter push me in it. Lol

Its not walking I have trouble with its standing too long.. I need to sit down. Standing in line will be what hurts me.

a walker can be hard to push on the uneven walks at AK

you cannot use a rollator in line as a seat. only as a walker. ( same with th canes that have an attached seat) so you will not be able to sit while in line unless you are using a wheelchair or ECV

you cannot use a rollator in line as a seat. only as a walker. ( same with th canes that have an attached seat) so you will not be able to sit while in line unless you are using a wheelchair or ECV
Well I'm gonna!!

I’m not aware of any rule that restricts use of a rollator as a seat in queues; however, since most queues are constant slow moving, there may not be opportunity to stop and sit. If the queue does stop moving, I don’t believe it would be a problem to sit for a moment until the line begins moving again.

Enjoy your vacation!

Well I'm gonna!!
one problem could be that you are going to end up seated backwards to the line because not room to turn walker so you can sit forward as you will be pushing it in the walker when the line stops and I do not think you will be allowed to stay seated and push backwards

one problem could be that you are going to end up seated backwards to the line because not room to turn walker so you can sit forward as you will be pushing it in the walker when the line stops and I do not think you will be allowed to stay seated and push backwards
Oh no I'm just gonna use it when the line comes to a halt and stays that way for a long time, and sitting when I cant find a place to sit.

Yes, you can use a rollator's seat when in attraction queues when the line is not moving. My sister has done WDW with a rollator and she sat when the line was stopped and stood and pushed it when the line moved well. If the line only moved a few feet ever so often, she would just barely lift up and move forward the short distance. If the line was continuously moving, then she would just lean on the rollator as needed.

Sometimes lines are more slow moving then other times like when they let more FP in because the ride goes down you might be stoped longer. Also I have hard FOP tends to be more of a move stop for a minute or two so sitting on your roller should not be a problem

Yep I occasionally sat down on mine briefly in lines. No problem. I just sat facing backward and if necessary my daughter would have told me to hop up and get movin if I didn’t notice myself. I also like to put a knee up in the seat and stand sometimes too

The only issue I've encountered with using a rollator is the incline in a couple of queues. Soarin comes to mind but I think theres one or two others where if I would have tried to sit, even with the brakes locked, I'd either have tipped over or rolled downhill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter