• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using a prepaid Gift Card Entrance Ticket

Toobusy

Earning My Ears
Our Vons grocery store has Park Hopper Gift Cards that are hard plastic like a credit card. We were thinking of purchasing them to avoid waiting in the "buy tickets" line. My husband said we would probably still have to wait in some kind of line to exchange the hard card for a regular entrance ticket to be used in the Fast Pass machines.

Anyone know anything about this? Is there a special line for using these cards?

If it won't save any time, I'll pay for the tickes online and have them mailed. They are 6.00 cheaper per ticket (2 day park hopper for Jan 07) and no postage fees to buy the Gift Cards at the Vons.

Thanks
Lynn

most likely, it requires you to change it. I suggest you read the fine prints on your card or paper that might have come with the ticket.

Last year I purchased a credit card like ticket from our Safeway grocery store and that was the ticket. I did not need to exchange them at the ticket booth. It made it nicer than the paper ones to carry around. Unless the card says it is a voucher, I believe it is the ticket. Check to see if there is a bar code on the back. That is what they put into the gate to scan it.

kuusimo said:
Last year I purchased a credit card like ticket from our Safeway grocery store and that was the ticket. I did not need to exchange them at the ticket booth. It made it nicer than the paper ones to carry around. Unless the card says it is a voucher, I believe it is the ticket. Check to see if there is a bar code on the back. That is what they put into the gate to scan it.

Did it work in the fast pass machines too?

Thanks for the info!!

As long as it has the magnetic bar on the back it will work. It worked fine in the fast pass machines for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter