Using a Disney Gift Card to Pay For Snacks

nancy drew

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am trying to figure out whether I'll be able to lot my 2 teenagers pay for snacks with Disney Gift Cards. I really enjoyed letting them have free reign with their snack credits at WDW and thought a budgeted give card would allow them the same freedom at DLR. But can they walk up and buy a snack and pay with a gift card, or does everything have to be mobile ordered and charged to the credit card on the account?

You can use a gift card. Not 100% sure about every cart, but I remember using one at the popcorn cart and churro cart. You can even use a gift card in the app when mobile ordering, you just have to manually input the card number each time you order.

I have also bought ice cream at the ice cream carts and candy from the candy stores with gift cards. You cannot buy from Ghirargelli or Starbucks with a Disnry gift card. You have to have those specific store gift cards for those locations.

Ok, cool. So if they want to use their card and they have to mobile order, they just have to input the card number each time? Does it show the remaining balance?

Ok, cool. So if they want to use their card and they have to mobile order, they just have to input the card number each time? Does it show the remaining balance?
I don’t think so. When I would use at a register the CM would just tell me the balance. I would text myself the amount. I haven’t tried gift cards on mobile ordering personally so not sure if the mobile ordering receipt will let you know the balance.

You can register the gift card at disneygiftcard.com to check the balance anytime. The balance updates in real time.

You can use a gift card. Not 100% sure about every cart, but I remember using one at the popcorn cart and churro cart. You can even use a gift card in the app when mobile ordering, you just have to manually input the card number each time you order.

yes this. I suggest saving the gift card # in the notes on your phone so you can just copy it when placing a mobile order. I was very annoyed that the app would not save my gift card.

Yes it does show the remaining balance.

pro tip: if you place a mobile order then use the gift card on something else before picking up the mobile order, if the gift card balance drops below the amount of your mobile order, the mobile order will be cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter