"Used" magicbands

DisneyTigers

Mouseketeer
This has probably been asked 100 times before, but I can't seem to find a thread about it. So...

If we are staying off property and so do not receive magic bands, is it possible to borrow used bands from another family and just link our tickets to them?

TIA for a response!

This has probably been asked 100 times before, but I can't seem to find a thread about it. So...

If we are staying off property and so do not receive magic bands, is it possible to borrow used bands from another family and just link our tickets to them?

TIA for a response!
You don't need MagicBands, but they are helpful if you purchase Memory Maker because your photos would link automatically.

Short of the long range functions (mostly photo linking), the Admission Cards your tickets will be issued on perform the same function. You would use that RFID enabled card for park entry & FP+ queue entry.

You link your tickets to MDE, any ADR's and FP's are also reflected. The MB is simply a way to access that information. You can order MB from Disney and have them liked to your MDE, or buy them once you are in Disney and they will link them for you.

If you have been onsite before and have a MB you can use the same one. They link to your MDE account until they are deactivated. Unfortunately, they cannot be transferred to another account.

Is it cheaper to order them early and link them ourselves? Or is it much easier to just wait until we get there?

Is it cheaper to order them early and link them ourselves? Or is it much easier to just wait until we get there?
You will typically save money on Disney tickets by purchasing from an authorized reseller. A couple of the more popular resellers are: undercover tourist & maple leaf tickets. If you go to mousesavers.com and sign up for their email newsletter (goes out the 15th of each month), that email contains a special link for a little better savings at undercover tourist. The savings will vary based on length of ticket (number of days) and options (park hopper and/or water park fun & more).

If you order tickets direct from Disney or purchase at WDW, you will pay full price.

I did everything myself before our trip and it was super easy. The tickets link by taking a pic scan and the MB links by typing in the number. The only negative could be the shipping cost of band but we had family who brought them home from their trip for us.

You will typically save money on Disney tickets by purchasing from an authorized reseller. A couple of the more popular resellers are: undercover tourist & maple leaf tickets. If you go to mousesavers.com and sign up for their email newsletter (goes out the 15th of each month), that email contains a special link for a little better savings at undercover tourist. The savings will vary based on length of ticket (number of days) and options (park hopper and/or water park fun & more).

If you order tickets direct from Disney or purchase at WDW, you will pay full price.

Thanks! I meant the bands themselves, though, not the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter