Use Year Question

TheEnchantedRose

Make magical memories before the last petal falls
My first offer was just taken so I am back at the drawing board... please help

I am currently looking at a contract with 190 points banked into 2018 with a use year of April.
Will those banked points be useable until Jan. 1, 2019 OR until then end of April 2019?

Thanks

An April 2018 UY would have points usable until March 31 2019, but even if you put in an offer today if you are lucky you will close by January. So you would only have 2 months to use those points. If you are very flexible you could piece something together for a trip, but if not then you might lose them or you could possibly rent them. Being a new member and just trying to figure out the system I don't know if i would want to worry about renting points.

At this stage in the game i don't know if i would put any value to points that would be potentially useless.

That's a good point, took us about 6 weeks to close I think from start to finish. That was with both parties being timely with the paperwork and a smooth process. Those 2017 points would be difficult to use, and not have much value on the resale market. Distressed points might get you enough to pay your dues that year.

That's a good point, took us about 6 weeks to close I think from start to finish. That was with both parties being timely with the paperwork and a smooth process. Those 2017 points would be difficult to use, and not have much value on the resale market. Distressed points might get you enough to pay your dues that year.

You can convert them to RCI though I believe if you can't use

The issue is availability. Points are worthless if everything is sold out. The closer to expiration, the less likely there is anything left to book.

If you go ahead with the contract, you may want to ask the owner to bank the 2018 points as soon as they can before the contract goes to Disney for ROFR. Then those wouldn't be lost either.

Great points, all!! Thank you for all of the info. :thanks:

If you go ahead with the contract, you may want to ask the owner to bank the 2018 points as soon as they can before the contract goes to Disney for ROFR. Then those wouldn't be lost either.

At this point, I agree, I just want to make sure they bank the 2018 points. I contacted a lady at the broker's to let her know that I was interested, but wanted those points banked. She said she would let me know when she hears back from the seller.

At this point, I agree, I just want to make sure they bank the 2018 points. I contacted a lady at the broker's to let her know that I was interested, but wanted those points banked. She said she would let me know when she hears back from the seller.

Good luck hope you get it and it passes!

You might see if they'll let you go ahead and make a reservation you can use before closing and add that to the contract as an addendum if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter