Use single rider AND rider swap?

BadgerGirl84

I used to have a tag...
Is it possible to use both the single rider line AND rider swap?

Scenario: Can two adults with two young kids go through a single rider line because both adults would be riding solo (kids are both too short.)

I’m thinking it’s not and they would tell us to wait in the regular line as a group and use rider swap or for only one adult to go through the single rider line while the other adult and children waited outside.

I searched the boards and didn’t see an answer either way on this.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't know how old the kids are, but depending on how old they are they might not accept it. I'm sure there's all kinds of scenarios on how rider swap is used, but I can see this being acceptable, but pending on the age, or height of the child. Even if you all are "together" technically, but decided to separate, I do not think they would accept two younger children essentially looking after themselves. While they got plenty of TMs working the attraction they are not babysitting the children.

My theory, now really thinking about this is that it would be based off of height. For attractions, there is a minimum height requirement and then there is a height requirement for riding without supervision. While I do not know their ages you mentioned they are both "too short" to ride at all so I would imagine they would fit into the "this would not be acceptable" category. I can see them doing this for maybe for children who are well within rage of riding the attraction, or more than likely within height of riding without supervision. Essentially being in rider swap alone would be based off of height requirements of riding without supervision. So, it might be, if they can't ride it alone they can't be in the rider swap alone.

I could be misunderstanding the original question but my thought is that she is asking if they all down the single rider line, one parent rides, while the other watches the kids, then they swap (so single rider and rider swap) and the second parent rides the ride while the other one watches the kids.

I don't think she meant for staff to watch the children. I could be wrong, it happens often :)

I could be misunderstanding the original question but my thought is that she is asking if they all down the single rider line, one parent rides, while the other watches the kids, then they swap (so single rider and rider swap) and the second parent rides the ride while the other one watches the kids.

I don't think she meant for staff to watch the children. I could be wrong, it happens often :)
The problem they may run into is the SRL is to fill in open spots on the ride so all seats are filled
SRL is to fill in any open seats and does not mean if you are with a friend, they will be seated next to you

I used the SRL before when I was with a friend and we were sent to be fill ins for this fantastic ride when there was an open seat

I got on the ride before him
He had to wait for next group to be assigned a seat

For this new Potter ride, suggest to use the regular standby ride as those seats are filled first

They would be able to do the child swap easily

If their intention is to keep the children with them and use rider swap as how you exactly describe they need to use the regular queue as @macraven stated. The whole point of SR is you go onto the ride when needed and are intended to be separated. As they like to remind guests while waiting in SR "all parties will be separated". You on occasion might happen to be in the same ride vehicle, or even row (as it's happened with me while riding with my father). However, the intention is for the TM to point to a row and you go where needed. You make no requests. So, if they are asking if they can all go onto single rider line and ride as single riders with two children that cannot ride, but use rider swap that would be a no, whether the situation is one stays with the child, or the children are alone.

Besides, if that was possible a lot of people would be doing it. Two parents and a child, or two is probably one of the most common cases of rider swap.

This question has been asked before and I don't think we ever had a definitive answer. What you want to do makes perfect sense. Each adult will be riding as a single, so why not be able to use the single rider's line? You'd have to ask before you entered the singles line what the policy is when you want to use the child swap room as well.

Sometimes the single rider line takes just as long as the normal line for Hagrid's.

Last edited:

In this scenario wouldn't it be the equivalent of everyone going thru the single rider line and then while 1 rides the other person more or less lets others go ahead of them until the other rider gets off and can watch the children?

I was asking about the scenario where each adult would take a turn riding while the other watched kids on the rider swap room— not us dumping the kids in the room alone.

I was thinking about doing this, or at least asking a staff member about it at HPFJ but when we went this last Thursday the line was only 20 minutes so it was no issue to wait in the regular line.

So it’s still an unknown—sorry!

If I can remember next time I go into the parks I'll ask out of curiosity. Bonus if I can remember asking more than one to see if I get the same answer. I would imagine it would be more suggested (but probably after the fact) if it was possible as a lot of ride swap situations is essentially describing your scenario (parent stays with child/children, other parent rides, then switch). Either way I'll try to remember to ask as I might go this weekend, but not sure, but if I do not this weekend I already have definite plans of going the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter