• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use of the Amenities on Check-In Day?

J-Dog

A Nobody
I apologize, because I'm sure that this question has come up before, but I couldn't seem to find any confirmation.

Quick question: If we check-in at Aulani and drop off our bags early in the morning, I know that our (DVC points) room probably won't be ready until 4:00pm. Can we use the pools and amenities that morning/afternoon, before we are technically "staying" at the resort?

Mostly, I'm trying to decide whether we should stay and do stuff at Aulani that day, or leave and do something else, then come back when our room is ready.

Thanks!

Yes you can! You can go down to the towel hut to get your wristband after check-in even if your rooms aren’t ready. You also get full use of the amenities on checkout day!

Can we use the pools and amenities that morning/afternoon, before we are technically "staying" at the resort?
Actually, you are technically staying at the resort even if your room isn't ready yet. You qualify as a resort guest from the start of the day you check in until the end of the day you check out.

Thanks very much for the help! Good to hear that I can start doing stuff right away.

Yes, our room ended up being ready at 11:45am and for check-out left our bags at valet and enjoyed the pool since our flight wasn't until 6pm.

Ive never had room ready prior to 4. If you pull up, valet will let u park for a few while checking in. We get our parking permit, drop off bags and have suits packed so we’re not digging around for them and we’re ready to hit the pool.

Ive never had room ready prior to 4. If you pull up, valet will let u park for a few while checking in. We get our parking permit, drop off bags and have suits packed so we’re not digging around for them and we’re ready to hit the pool.
I agree! Pack a bag with swimsuits and sunscreen and then use the lobby bathrooms which aren’t sandy and have roomy stalls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter