Use Magical Express twice in one trip?

puffinp51

Mouseketeer
Is is possible to use ME twice during one trip? Because of an excessive amount of snow days (10+) here in the Midwest, the last day of school was pushed into our trip. We can't reschedule the trip due to other commitments but have booked a flight for the teacher to fly back on day 3 and back to Disney on day 5. Will the teacher be able to use ME for arrival and then back and forth on day 3/5 and then for the original departure on day 7? Thanks in advance for any information!

Can the teacher call out sick for that one day? If it's the last day of school (and make up day to boot), how much actual classwork is even going to be done?

Can the teacher call out sick for that one day? If it's the last day of school (and make up day to boot), how much actual classwork is even going to be done?

Around here that's a big no-no and without a doctor's note, it might be in violation of the contract. You'd need to submit a doctor's note for a sick day on the last day. My stepdad needed written permission from the district to take a personal day before February break. Originally he had booked an evening flight, but the airline changed the schedule to a midday flight.

My mother would go bonkers with a vacation scheduled like that. She'd prefer to just miss the early part so she could clean out her classroom and whatnot.

@puffinp51 You'll probably have to send the teacher to/from the airport with Lyft or Uber.

Call WDW and ask if the teacher can do this.
You never know if pixie dust will fall on you.

Thanks for all the information everyone. We'll wait and see how many more - ack! - snow days occur and then plan accordingly. I just like to have my ducks in a row ahead of time. The teacher has an appointment with an administrator to see what can be worked out using personal days, etc., as teacher will get everything approved before leaving. I'll plan on calling Disney if we need to use the flight in the middle - maybe ME won't be too busy and teacher can catch a ride :) If not we'll make it work with Uber/Lyft. Thanks again for all the replies!

Whatever you do, DO NOT call Disney reservations about this - they won't be able to help you at all. DO call DME directly at 866 599-0951. Explain the situation and ask for their advice. They may be able to help you out, even though the technical answer is "it's not allowed".

Steve

Whatever you do, DO NOT call Disney reservations about this - they won't be able to help you at all. DO call DME directly at 866 599-0951. Explain the situation and ask for their advice. They may be able to help you out, even though the technical answer is "it's not allowed".

Steve

Thank you for the number! Good idea :)

We had a situation where one person left early and another flew in that same day to replace her. I remember using the chat feature on the website and being told the second person wasn't allowed to use DME. When we got to the hotel, the concierge said he would check, and it ended up being fine. I guess it was pixie dust, but it can't hurt to ask either DME or ask in person. We were fully prepared to pay for an Uber, but we were thankful that the CM worked it our for us.

We had a situation where one person left early and another flew in that same day to replace her. I remember using the chat feature on the website and being told the second person wasn't allowed to use DME. When we got to the hotel, the concierge said he would check, and it ended up being fine. I guess it was pixie dust, but it can't hurt to ask either DME or ask in person. We were fully prepared to pay for an Uber, but we were thankful that the CM worked it our for us.

If the second person was on the reservation it was fine.

Each person on the reservation is entitled to one trip from and one trip to the airport. In either order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter